Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songbook Editor question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tordenspyd

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject: Songbook Editor question Reply with quote

I currently don't have the SongBook Editor nor a PC. I am contemplating to get both.

A factor in deciding whether to get them is if the SongBook Editor will make new self contained Style files by combining the Style Settings with the Style? ( Or is it just a rearrangement of style settings )

I may not use the common terminology,? but I am referring to making a permanent change to the sequences in the style by the parameters controlling the sound, patch programs and effects and controller settings.

If the Songbook editor does so, It would be a good for sharing styles with others? Or is it just as practical to share small songbooks?

peace
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SONGBOOK is merely a set of "pointers" to styles & sounds.

SONGBOOK editor enables you to manage the entries and also SETLIST entries.

SONGBOOK does not contain any actual STYLE/SOUND data
Example
Let's say you create a SB entry to select STYLE "Hammer Pop" in USER Bank1
That entry will call up all your keyboard settings and that style at the time you created the SB entry.
If you loaded a different style into the same STYLE slot (in USER Bank1) then SONGBOOK will call up that style - SB does not know that you have overwritten the actual style location with a different one.

The PA4X is "designed" around SONGBOOK - no longer do you have to think about changing/saving new settings in the actual STYLE.
The process is to set up your PA4X for a song ready to play (so you set up style, sounds, keyboard-set, panning, volumes, tempo etc...)
at that point, you create a SONGBOOK entry and all those parameters are saved and instantly recallable - the actual STYLE is never changed.

You can, if you wish, physically overwrite a STYLE with new settings but there is not a lot of point. SONGBOOK is always the way to go.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you follow the link you get to the Korg UK website specifically for the Pa models.

If you then download the Osimo file for your 4X, load it on a USB stick and then in your 4X load the file.

Osimo is a specific Songbook with Setlists created by Korg UK staff.

https://korgworld.co.uk/elementor-20?eeFolder=Osimo&ee=1&eeListID=1

So you can see the results of using Songbook Editor when using the Osimo Songbook which by the way runs off and stays on the USB stick yet integrates with the original Songbook

To expand upon Pete’s great response, be wary if you save any Style file to User Bank 1 and the following locations, loading some of the free Korg Bonusware Styles can be default install them from User Bank 1 onwards.
tordenspyd

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you for your reply Pete and Biggles.
I know about the Songbook and use it all the time ( as a bookmark for my projects)
I was asking a specific question on the Korgs editor app for the songbook. Some people have expressed it has that capability, but I did not find it mentioned in the programs manual. I understand it is not the main purpose of the app.

peace
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve used the songbook editor previously to merge entries from an external songbook, for example the factory songbook with the Osimo songbook and setlists.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A factor in deciding whether to get them is if the SongBook Editor will make new self contained Style files by combining the Style Settings with the Style?

Back to your actual question - the answer is no.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: