Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single Ladies- can't find sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmymio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:54 pm    Post subject: Single Ladies- can't find sounds Reply with quote

Does the Kronos have anything like that warbly synth sound that repeats throughtout Single Ladies?
I have to play this on a gig and I'm at a loss.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound right at the beginning of the song is ripe for sampling. Use a high pass filter to get rid of the drum sound.
jimmymio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. sounds like the way to go.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sound is a trumpet “doit” there’s a preset. Search doit and the sound is triggered by a high velocity. Just extend the lower velocity range of that Multisample.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
jimmymio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found Fall/Doit Trumpets sw2. Think I can work with this.
Thanks so much.
jimmymio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Narf. I lookeed but couldn't find the place to extend the lower velocity of the MS. Do you know where i would find it?
Thanks.
Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that it is actually a sample of an acoustic guitar fret noise like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZJl2AUSBCs

There is a factory program G121: Gtr.Fret Noise , but it's not exactly like the song sample. The trumpet doit may have the better articulation.
jimmymio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweat wrote:
I would guess that it is actually a sample of an acoustic guitar fret noise like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZJl2AUSBCs

There is a factory program G121: Gtr.Fret Noise , but it's not exactly like the song sample. The trumpet doit may have the better articulation.

That's wild. I would never have guessed that.

the trumpet doit sound is close is but by the time the initial pitch starts to drop its already time to release the note.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't create sounds for free but sometimes I like to try to program some just as an exercise. Below is a link for you to try, it's a wavesequence I just created that you can use in a Kronos program for the piece you mentioned. Never heard that piece before, so it was new to me. I think the trumpet doit was a nice analogy, so from there I listened to the sound in slow motion.

I assume you know how to copy/paste a wavesequence on your Kronos. I placed it in the UserGG directory, but make sure you copy it where you won't replace something important. So in Disk Mode, do not push on Load when you select the little PCG file, instead push on Open three times, then Load. From there, select where you want to place it on your Kronos disk.

To play it, first in Program mode select for example the Piccolo Trumpet program to get accurate/tiny effects for it. Next go to Global Mode, then Wav Seq and select the wavesequence in the location you pasted it. Then play the B4 key on your keyboard (since the wavesequence starts on a B and ends on an A and the tune is in E, so I though it made more sense). Of course, you can transpose it as you wish afterwards for commodity.

If you like how it sounds, create a program with it. You can of course modify the sequence so it sounds closer to what you need. Otherwise, it was a fun exercise for me anyway. Tell me what you think, even if you don't like it.

https://filedropper.com/d/s/6tJjROerOXeSvpGMjH56gZOj7mywTK
jimmymio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
I don't create sounds for free but sometimes I like to try to program some just as an exercise. Below is a link for you to try, it's a wavesequence I just created that you can use in a Kronos program for the piece you mentioned. Never heard that piece before, so it was new to me. I think the trumpet doit was a nice analogy, so from there I listened to the sound in slow motion.

I assume you know how to copy/paste a wavesequence on your Kronos. I placed it in the UserGG directory, but make sure you copy it where you won't replace something important. So in Disk Mode, do not push on Load when you select the little PCG file, instead push on Open three times, then Load. From there, select where you want to place it on your Kronos disk.

To play it, first in Program mode select for example the Piccolo Trumpet program to get accurate/tiny effects for it. Next go to Global Mode, then Wav Seq and select the wavesequence in the location you pasted it. Then play the B4 key on your keyboard (since the wavesequence starts on a B and ends on an A and the tune is in E, so I though it made more sense). Of course, you can transpose it as you wish afterwards for commodity.

If you like how it sounds, create a program with it. You can of course modify the sequence so it sounds closer to what you need. Otherwise, it was a fun exercise for me anyway. Tell me what you think, even if you don't like it.

How kind of you. I'm leaving for the gig now so it'll have to wait but i do look forward to checking it out. I'll report back.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UD103 Fall/Doit Trumpets SW2 makes use of a Wave Seq. Just press SW2 to activate the Doit sound. You could also create a program from scratch using the Trumpets-Doit Multisample from the EXs3 Multisample Bank.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
jimmymio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:

Finally had a chance to look at this and i get a "file not found" 404 error msg. Do i need a particular app to download it?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent you a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: