Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great product with lots of Room for improvement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject: Great product with lots of Room for improvement Reply with quote

Lets start with a great video of a great product…

https://youtu.be/jRS9DzxwBmE

Thank you Bonners, you allways have great objective video’s..

I spend most of my days watching video’s..
i also noted that the 88 key version is not available yet
The other 2 models will start selling by next week
The localised versions (musikant for Germany, Austria, Swiss and Benelux) will also be available later down the road and cost about €200 more

And finally to the neede improvements list

- make the vocal and guitar effect chains available for routing internal voices trough when nog guitar and/or microphone connected
- add sub cattegories to the voices and styles songs keyboard sets.. hundreds of choices is just to much for only 11 cattegories. There is space enough to add subcattegories and if you also add the “all” cattegorie as default.. people dont have to use them
- what happened to kaos and a real arpeggiator?
- allow us to add voices in songs or styles directly to the keybed.. this allows
- no proof of any DAW integration so far
- to many parameters are still seem global, like the function of the pedals, with no ec5 pedal, people will definately want to use the excisting pedals more flexible, and add a different function for every song
- can we add an option to use audio tracks in the linear sequencer? Should be possible since its obvious the keyboard is able to sync audio with midi
- have a look at the 16 pads, there is so many more things you could add to them to make the feature even more incredible

And then there are questions
- can anyone confirm if we can use the pa5x as an audio interface trough the USB to PC connector?
- can any one show us if there are improvements to the ensemble function?

And my own mindnumbing question, paas or some great studio monitors for the home? The Paas certainly looks much better
samk323

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam and Luke will be demonstrating the keyboard in an hour. Luke is great at demonstrating new keyboards, so hopefully he can answer some of the questions, we would all love to know more about. Here is a link to the video: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/3aqehhnk/register
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm...we get a guitar input and dedicated processor for it.. but loose EC5 pedal and KAOSS of which both I use on PA4X, odd really when you would think most peoples priority is to play the keyboard and if you are a multi-instrumentalist surely you're going to have your guitar processors already sorted... or did the market research calculate nobody is using the EC5 pedal or KAOSS but want to plug their guitars into their keyboard...odd.... I find that hard to believe...oh well I may feel different after spending the morning with the PA5X at tomorrow's demo....Next Korg uk webinar.
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaaos supposed to be still in the main software code but cannot be active at this moment. I reckon it will be come back with some of the OS update.
Strange that nobody mentions about it in their presentation.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
Kaaos supposed to be still in the main software code but cannot be active at this moment. I reckon it will be come back with some of the OS update.
Strange that nobody mentions about it in their presentation.

Interesting.. I will add that to my list of questions for tomorrow, I am going to a dealer who a very competent with korg products (a good dealership)
Hen's I'm travelling half the UK to see it.
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I like the Pa5x (especially the new sounds, styles and the greater polyphony).

I think it's a shame that the auto midi to style conversion feature from the Pa4x is gone. Also, the fact that it can't import pa4x songbooks is a real pain (only .set files apparently).

I agree that not having compatibility with the EC5 is really annoying, especially as the PA5x has so many potential elements that would benefit from foot pedal control. I really hope that Korg develops a new compatible pedal. Even though a midi pedal made by another company would potentially work, of course, (if we ever get a decent midi implementation chart!), having the option of controlling/switching pedal controllers via the keyboard menu system would make things 100% easier and more efficient, in my opinion, as they can be fully programmable). I too, hope that Kaoss is added back in a future software update, as I think that it adds a great deal of flexibility.
I'd be interested to know if the sounds from the Pa5x inputs can, finally, be routed through the Paas (they can't on the Pa4x, which is a real pain when using additional midi modules).
Best,
Jon
nonchai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Great product with lots of Room for improvement Reply with quote

[quote="Bachus"]Lets start with a great video of a great product…
- no proof of any DAW integration so far
[/quote]

sadly not Sad

[quote="Bachus"]
- can anyone confirm if we can use the pa5x as an audio interface trough the USB to PC connector?
[/quote]

far as I can see... sadly not Sad
great shame...

See this thread I started. for what we need for better DAW integration in a future line :
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127347
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: "déjà vu" Reply with quote

I feel a bit of "PA4X déjà vu"
The Pa4x was released a bit too early and I am getting a very strong feeling that this PA5X is the same.
I feel like we don't have the "final" product yet, in fact, I am hoping we don't else my knee-jerk decision will be to skip this model.
One hope is the PA4X at the time of its release is a totally different PA4X today.

I know the Korg management structure changed which could be attributed to the early release of the PA4X (maybe the same now).

I do believe that Korg Italy have done a superb job with this PA5X new build and I have every respect for that team but for me there are some significant "basic" things requiring explanation.

Currently, I am considering extending my "PA5X Anxiety" for another 8-12 months.... but hope to have hands-on experience within the next few weeks (if Australia is lucky enough to get one!!! - we are told August).

Keep all those comments and feedback coming please Very Happy

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: "déjà vu" Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
The Pa4x was released a bit too early and I am getting a very strong feeling that this PA5X is the same.
I feel like we don't have the "final" product yet, in fact, I am hoping we don't else my knee-jerk decision will be to skip this model.
One hope is the PA4X at the time of its release is a totally different PA4X today.

I know the Korg management structure changed which could be attributed to the early release of the PA4X (maybe the same now).

I do believe that Korg Italy have done a superb job with this PA5X new build and I have every respect for that team but for me there are some significant "basic" things requiring explanation.

Currently, I am considering extending my "PA5X Anxiety" for another 8-12 months.... but hope to have hands-on experience within the next few weeks (if Australia is lucky enough to get one!!! - we are told August).

Keep all those comments and feedback coming please Very Happy

Pete Very Happy

Yes Pete this was also my feelings and why in Sharp's thread "Congratulating Korg" for the PA5X I made a diplomatic point (I will quote myself from that thread at the end here) so like you from your quote above, my thoughts where very much the same and thinking we can not rest on are laurels just yet, but also believing it is still important to remain positive and engaged which is something importantly i witnessed on my day out at my Korg dealer, who are working closely in the background in conjunction with korg who have a strong commitment to PA5X as do all the team connected to it....

So after sleeping on all this and feeling much more confident after my day with PA5X which including much discussion, this then helped me to make a decision, but also still being realistic in these early days of a new product...

So...I have pulled the trigger and i pick one up in a few days, but of course others may have have different needs and considerations at this early stage which I understand...

Hopefully Pete after you connect with PA5X including any discussion round here, then maybe your anxiety will hopefully diminish, but I understand this is also a very personal choice to follow Smile
https://youtu.be/6NmeXzieR4U
I recommend copy/past into YouTube search bar the link above for HD video and best sound quality.

I quote myself below from a earlier thread.....

I think the important thing here is going to be a strong customer support/communication betwean KORG and Customer...

So providing any criticism specifically through these forums or networking through a Korg dealer should be done in a constructive manner and will be instrumental in the success for all parties, especially in theses Stressed Financial Times where products are becoming more expensive and disposable income are becoming smaller...

I think (((refining))) this process is going to be very important and I hope KORG acknowledge this time round and respond to quell any frustration in the future on this journey for those who invest in PA5X...

I am sure we the customer base (who after all are the best product testers out here) will respond as we always do with any discussion about bugs, firmware updates and future road map developments and for this to work successfull this will require a good and strong communication/response and will need to work both ways...

So with these thoughts in-mind I look forward to this journey with PA5X and One we hopefully can all enjoy 

Last edited by D575 on Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: "déjà vu" Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Well, Pete, to be honest: I feel the same. I don't get the "WOW'-feeling when I read and see about the Pa5X. Now, at this moment, I wouldn't want to ditch my (recently bought) Pa4X Musikant in favor of the Pa5X.

karmathanever wrote:

Well, looking at the specs and video's I'm expecting things will happen to the Pa5X exactly like with the Pa4X: at first, shortly after launch it'll be 'basic', you get a working version but you are not able to benefit from the new features and power of the apparatus. Step by step, by releasing new OS'es it will get more features and more use of the hidden power, like the Pa4X.

karmathanever wrote:

Pete Very Happy

Again, Pete, I agree with you. As soon as the rumours of the upcoming Pa5X leaked I kept sceptic: I first have to see it before I can judge it. Even when more and more specs were leaking I wasn't convinced it should be my next keyboard immediately after launch. Perhaps I'll wait for about 10 years before I'll buy a Pa5X... Wink
laurance

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa5x is not new, it was delayed du to Covid19, it's already 2 years old.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:

You have no clue…

When the hardware of an arranger is in the final stages..
The time consuming part starts…. Software.. and content creation
laurance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
laurance wrote:

You have no clue…

When the hardware of an arranger is in the final stages..
The time consuming part starts…. Software.. and content creation

Don’t judge people so quick, maybe life will let you know more…
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:

It would be nice if you can mention any source of this. Now it looks like a clueless remark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: