Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many user samples can PA5X load?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moebrand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: How many user samples can PA5X load? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
With the excitement and maze of new pa5x , I wonder if there is a limit for numbers of user samples it can load .
If I am not mistaken PA4x can load up to 15000 samples , if the pa5x has such limitations I think 4GB or 8 GB memory for compressed samples doesn’t help or mean anything.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
menara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pR3hyAl4U

Someone said in the comments that the number of user sample slots is 30068 for the PA5X.
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why korg puts these kind of limitations.
menara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Filipe wrote:

The same limitation is applied by Yamaha in the Genos, with the notable difference that Yamaha do not specify this limitation in the specs.

I guess, increasing the sample slots slows down the reactivity of the keyboard. But, if the "old" Genos has 32768 slots for 3Gb of compressed ram, it's curious that the Pa5x has only 30060 sample slors for 12 Gb (if we add the user and local ram).

This point is critical because, in some countries, the Korg arrangers are used manly as samplers. Some people were even asking for the ability to delete the internal sounds in ordrer to retrieve some slot sample.

We should maybe create a poll to tell Korg what should be the max sample number on a Pa5x.

In another hand, dealing with 30k samples is all ready a real mess without a proper software. All Pa5x should be sold with a free licence of a well known french software.
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SET from Pa4X to Pa5X

RAM info:

Manual info:
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

menara wrote:
Marco Filipe wrote:

The same limitation is applied by Yamaha in the Genos, with the notable difference that Yamaha do not specify this limitation in the specs.

I guess, increasing the sample slots slows down the reactivity of the keyboard. But, if the "old" Genos has 32768 slots for 3Gb of compressed ram, it's curious that the Pa5x has only 30060 sample slors for 12 Gb (if we add the user and local ram).

This point is critical because, in some countries, the Korg arrangers are used manly as samplers. Some people were even asking for the ability to delete the internal sounds in ordrer to retrieve some slot sample.

We should maybe create a poll to tell Korg what should be the max sample number on a Pa5x.

In another hand, dealing with 30k samples is all ready a real mess without a proper software. All Pa5x should be sold with a free licence of a well known french software.

Can you PM me which software you are referencing to as i can't really find any software able to work with pa5x files yet?

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the photo shows 30060 samples
sample size 2.5 GB

the manual says 4GB uncompressed, equivalent to 8GB compression
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@korgpask do I really have to do linking to your posts a years ago how you compliant about P4x?
WTF is wrong with you?
calm down a little please, could you? or in future after few year, when next product Korg arrive you gonna bitching all over again?
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
SET from Pa4X to Pa5X

This can also happen in Pa4X when one or more samples have reached max size limit !
Pa3X and older models had a bit bigger max size sample limit , and maybe Pa5X has a bit lower sample size limit than Pa4X (not checked yet)
nothing to do with the overall size of custom set conversion that is for sure smaller than current OS 2,5/5 Gb limit.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korgpask

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
@korgpask do I really have to do linking to your posts a years ago how you compliant about P4x?
WTF is wrong with you?
calm down a little please, could you? or in future after few year, when next product Korg arrive you gonna bitching all over again?

I'm not complaining, is it bad that I showed the real data? And the data bound by the manual?
I love Korg, I'm interested in discussion, ideas, solutions, share experiences good-bad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: