Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice needed - cheaper used PA4x, or new PA5x?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Advice needed - cheaper used PA4x, or new PA5x? Reply with quote

If I was considering buying the PA5x76 (@$7k down here) OR I could get a pristine condition PA4x76, for half that amount, would there be any real advantages to buying the 5?

Other than its the latest model...I mean, what REAL advantages are there in stumping up double the amount?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice needed - cheaper used PA4x, or new PA5x? Reply with quote

pax-eterna.1 wrote:
If I was considering buying the PA5x76 (@$7k down here) OR I could get a pristine condition PA4x76, for half that amount, would there be any real advantages to buying the 5?

Other than its the latest model...I mean, what REAL advantages are there in stumping up double the amount?

The only real way for (((you))) to know truly is perhaps find a dealer with both units... this should be easy now where there are many trade-ins (pa4x’s) appearing at dealerships who are selling PA5X...

This will enable you to sit with both units side by side and importantly through the same sound system where you can compare and evaluate according to your own desires and preferences...

The only thing I would say and maybe worth some consideration....Remember PA4X has been through and finished its software upgrade program, where the PA5X has only just started which would seem to be the way Korg operate following past trends... that's the fairest way I think I can put this.... So.... i hope this helps and all the best on your journey to find what will suit you.

Smile
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real value in an any keyboard and specifically an arranger is whether you feel Inspired or not when you play it.

Just on the surface, the Pa5x seems to be more inspiring sound and style wise. I've been performing with the Pa4x for 4 years and now I also own the Yamaha Genos. Sounds are VERY important and so is the groove, and the Pa5x sound s like a killer keyboard. I think you have to look past the initial issues and missing features and focus on the fundamentals.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd bite the financial bullet and go straight for a PA5x

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SST

Polyphony

Improved sounds

Twin Style engines

Vastly improved drawbar system

The new OS

That said, wait six months for the bugs to be addressed and even then some of the features on the 4X may still takeca couple of years before they find their way on to the 5X, if they do at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: