Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report (locked) - PA5x initial OS level
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Problem report (locked) - PA5x initial OS level Reply with quote

Please report any problems you find with OS in the first release in order to assist Korg development team.
A problem will be something that the PA5x should perform correctly according to Korg's formal documentation.

Please keep the posts here limited to the reported problem - use a different topic if you wish to start up conversations or help someone.
I will remove duplicate reports and "conversations" to try keep it simple for us and for Korg to follow.
(Wish-list items WILL be removed)

PLEASE IDENTIFY YOUR PA5x TYPE (e.g. International, Oriental, Musikant)

Thanks for your co-operation

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:16 am; edited 3 times in total
ikspeel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Transpose Reply with quote

TRANSPOSE BUG
In global settings I want transpose settings
Keyboard - on
Song = on
Score = off
It do not work the score changed always when I use the transpose buttom

Pa5x int[/b]
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random freezing.
If you change quarter tone in sub scale then play chords while in split you lose changes made in quarter tone.
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* When selecting a different pad, the effect go to default effect of 40.
* If your pads are on, they turn off when switching styles. Also when picking them, the volume goes back to 100.
* Acc. 3 freezes on the first chord you hit instead of chords you are playing.
* If you are using quarter scale, while you are playing and changing menus, the scale goes back and forth to equal while switching menus.
* Website says we have 4GB and 8GB compressed but the keyboard shows we have 2.5GB
* When turning on a loop on pads, a slice from the loops starts when you press the button. It doesn’t start where the loop should resume naturally.
*When you hit your fill button, the variation will not go to the first measure, regardless if you have it set to start on the first measure.
*Also I just noticed, let’s say for instance, your keys (uppers) on 127 on the slider, you might have them lowered somewhere else like the user section, they won’t be at 127.
*If you start off with a pad, without the style on, and start the style randomly, the pad itself will be slightly off from the style itself.
usaraiya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sagar,

As Pete said, NO wish lists here, only BUGS.

Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
As Pete said, NO wish lists here, only BUGS.

+100 PLEASE!!

Hey guys

PLEASE keep these to bugs - things that don't work or go wrong and NOT things you want to have.
I've created this sticky for the rest and edited posts here.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=814566#814566

If a bug reads "this should be....." based on a previous model or personal requirement then it is not a bug.

There are a lot of issues reported as "not working" and "incorrect" etc... and only those should be listed here - PLEASE.
Previous bug report sticky topics ended up like a dog's breakfast.

Feel free to cover everything in other topics.

THANKS

...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen locks do not appear to be working so when you move the X-FADER from one style to another you cannot lock your set Numbers 1 to 4 from the style you want to give priority.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global settings > Back-lit > MATRIX (No response not working)
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press and hold "BOOK" Button for Quick Save is not working correctly making incomplete snap shot saves.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pads > Factory Folder > Drum loops missing in folders/folder...
They are present in Factory Styles.... this has been confirmed and logged with Korg for review.
joche

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass tuning parameter is not saved, or it saves anything.

I set the bass tuning to -12 instead of -24, -36 is saved.
I tried to save this parameter in a style or in a songbook entry, same thing.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Muting Lead Voice (Page 599) - If I'm reading/understanding correctly - I should be able to Mute my voice with the MUTE selection while still carrying the Harmony Voices generated by the Pa5X. When Muted no sound is generated by the 5X

2) Autopitch Not Working (Page 608) - Selecting Autopitch Mutes the Mic - I checked the Inout settings and still see a signal, but no output with Autopitch Selected.

Note: I am using a Shure SM7B with Phantom Power turned On, with a Cloudlifter

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
velichko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, I've been waiting for a long time now for the fifth generation korg pa series to add a function. in keyboard ensemble. it's high time there are some changes here my wish is to have scala tunig checked. which works individually for each uper. in scala tunig. there should also be changes, the tunig numbers should be changed to +1200-1200 from how korg was created, so there are no changes in keyboard ensemble and scala tunig, I think that korg should finally accommodate us who use a different kustam on Balkans, many colleagues, we have been waiting for this feature for years, thank you

Last edited by velichko on Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
joche

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- "SPLIT BUTTON" state not saved in a songbook entry. Sad
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Fill-in button after half of measure with your style on will play only your drums from the fill-in while the variation drums and accompaniments play altogether.

> If your style is on and you turn on a pad, if the pad is more than two measures long, it will only start on the second measure. Regardless of when you click the pad.

>When selecting a different pad, after clicking 4 buttons and pages to get there, it takes you to factory pads and not where the original pad is on your user. When you do select another pad, the volume automatically goes to 100 and the FX send automatically goes to 40.

>Selecting a style is not fast enough. After you click on a new style while playing, it will blink a few times before it selects it. Most of the time, this is way over a measure and a half of the current style playing. This is not ideal for live performers.

>There is no way for you to select the second style and have it in sync with the first one even with tempo lock on. It’s humanly impossible. Your tempo will match but you cannot physically hit the second style perfectly on beat with your first one.

>If your pads are on while your style is playing, as soon as you select a new style, your pads turn off instantly. Way before the new style even comes on.

>Intro 1 is not supposed to play your lowers when selected. Your lowers should work for intro 2 but not for intro 1. There’s a reason for that. Some peoples intro 1 plays a melody or plays different chords.

>Acc. 3 freezes on the first chord you hit instead of chords you are playing. Same goes with some bass on styles. I’m playing a different chord progression, acc. 3 is stuck on the first chord without changing.

>Some styles I made have drums or percussion that is detuned using my pitch bender. It will not play the correct detune until the second measure of the style.

>If you are using quarter scale, this is not the keyboard for you. It will switch on and off at random. It’s almost like every few seconds it will play your quarter tone and then go back to equal scale. Non stop.

>When playing a pad that is a loop, a slice from the loops starts when you press the button. It doesn’t start where the loop should resume naturally.

>If you start with a pad that is a loop (without the style being on) and then turn on the style after, the pad will be off from the style by milliseconds. Your ear will catch it and you know it’s not perfectly on.

>When you hit your fill button, the variation will not go to the first measure, regardless if you have it set to start on the first measure.

>If you have a pad that is an accompaniment or guitar, it turns off when you turn off the memory for your chords.

>For existing style, cv length cannot be changed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: