Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5x - suggested changes & enhancements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mothman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS bug -
Annoyingly, cannot assign a footswitch to trigger simply "style up/down". Will accept a specific style variation 1-4 trigger but doesn't accept the generic up/down to the variation although this function is listed as a valid assignment. Mad
mabcomp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Not Good Reply with quote

A grim report to say the least so far. I was going to get one until I read all these reports, now I am extremely hesitant.
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be an option to lock user sets.
For example a four digit lock code to save or load a user set.
I've
ikspeel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the score
Small …..young eyes
Middle……..middle Age eyes
Large……old eyes (my eyes 😁)
In songbook let us save the track we want to display for the song
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increase Polyphony... 160 Notes Is Not Sufficient...

In some cases with two styles playing and synchronised, with Pads + Upper 1,2,3 and Lower active when using ENSEMBLE feature you get note robbing with in the ENSEMBLE Chords (Right Hand)...

To allow the ENSEMBLE to function correctly muting some parts in Styles or Pads seems to allow ENSEMBLE to recover from this note robbing issue which is not ideal.

Last edited by D575 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:25 am; edited 3 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops wrong thread... Moved to "Problem report - PA5x initial OS level"

Last edited by D575 on Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
davekalbach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Both issue below seem to be intermittent...

(1) Main Screen > Control > Main > Pad >

If you use the jog wheel or the +up and -down buttons by the side of the jog wheel after tapping Pad volume on the screan you can only go up BUT not down... this seams to be only specific to the pad volume using the jog wheel or +up and -dowm buttons.

(2) Also I am finding if you leave the ENSEMBLE screen open for a long period (after using SHIFT Button and ENSEMBLE Button to open KBD ENSEMBLE screen) it will freeze/lock the screen open and pressing the EXIT Button or any other Button will not reverse back to the previous screen this then unfortunately requires a powering down of the whole keyboard to reset it.

D575 - You may want to move this post to BUGS - this sounds like a real issue.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
davekalbach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Dial and Increase / Decrease buttons were mentioned....

I think the Control Wheel (Dial) should allow for Song / Style selection. Currently it is linked to the Pages (1-6, etc..) Seems counterintuitive to me. When I'm on a page - I would like to SELECT items with the Dial.

Increment Buttons (Up / Down) function the same. Neither the increment buttons or the dial allow for Style Selection (Only page functions)

It seems KORG's initial release is designed around the use of the touch screen. My personal opinion is the keyboard should function equally well through manual inputs (buttons) as it does through the touchscreen.

As it is now, if the touch function of the touchscreen failed you would not be able to use the keyboard.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
Since the Dial and Increase / Decrease buttons were mentioned....

I think the Control Wheel (Dial) should allow for Song / Style selection. Currently it is linked to the Pages (1-6, etc..) Seems counterintuitive to me. When I'm on a page - I would like to SELECT items with the Dial.

Increment Buttons (Up / Down) function the same. Neither the increment buttons or the dial allow for Style Selection (Only page functions)

It seems KORG's initial release is designed around the use of the touch screen. My personal opinion is the keyboard should function equally well through manual inputs (buttons) as it does through the touchscreen.

As it is now, if the touch function of the touchscreen failed you would not be able to use the keyboard.

((((Agreed))))
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: user scale problem Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
I have a problem with one type of sounds - thirds (double-voiced C major, C minor, D major, D minor, etc.) made through an oscillator (also the same thing is happen with ensemble-DUAL) and using a user scale.
Problem is: If I don't hold a chord with my left hand or use a style to play a song, "Thirds" work well on all notes. But if I start with the harmony on the left hand, as I change the tonality (chords), some of the notes change and it doesn't sound right.
I don't remember very well if one of the earlier PA keyboards had this problem in the early stages.(Pa3x or Pa4x)
Are some options required in lock like Lock option: SubScale/QuarterTone and others. Do you know anything for this problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1KI_epEdc

PA4X has that problem as I remember
ikspeel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In mic setting
Give us like Pa4x
De-esser
Duck delay
Adaptive mic control
Vocal section is compared with Pa4x /pa3x /pa1000 way behind
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add "aftertouch" to the list of switch pedal assignments - using aftertouch with a pedal gives you far more control....
Shame there are only 2 assignment ports.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to LOCK THE MATRIX PADS (when using a loop sequence) so the Matrix Pads are not disengaged when using the X-FADER toggling between each PLAYER...

For example:
When PLAYER 1 is activated (Yellow) including the 4 Main Pads (Yellow) on the right hand side of the main screen on control panel...

Then when you activate the Matrix Pads (Blue) from PLAYER 2 (Blue) after sliding the X-FADER to do so, then when you mover the X-FADER between each player repeatedly the Matrix Pads (Blue) disengage and the Main Pads (Yellow) from PLAYER 1 (Yellow) continue to be activated regardless of the position of the X-FADER...

Also the same scenario plays out if you reverse the order of the above with the Main Pads and the Matrix Pads for PLAYER 1 and PLAYER 2

It would be very useful if the Matrix Pads stay engaged like the Main Pads regardless of the movement of the X-FADER and position.

ikspeel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score vieuw
Please korg look one time to yamaha genos (that is score )
On the korg when transposing a Midi (what a mess)🫢
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to import a real stereo multisample that consumes 1 note of 160 polyphony is to import all stereo
samples one by one and create multisamples from scratch only on sampler editor of Pa5X !

KSC format of Kronos is not supported as also stereo SF2 is not supported and skilled sound developers are with
crossed fingers and unable to import real stereo pianos multisamples and get the new whole 160 polyphony since
nobody works with poor Pa sampler editor but instead we all use external advanced software samplers and editors
for premium sampling work !

Please Pa developers , support KSC format or SF2 stereo format in Pa5X , due users to be able to import a ready
advanced sampling work and get the advantage of max polyphony with stereo samples !

Since there is no Korg KMP v2 format yet that could support one stereo file import format , then create an OS
utility function that will convert imported paired -L & -R KSF/MS files to one stereo and save polyphony !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: