Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Something Off My Chest for Korg!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Getting Something Off My Chest for Korg! Reply with quote

Please read carefully. I wrote this open heartedly and with lots of love for the Korg Arrangers.

Hi Korg World.

My name is Nik Cubi. I was born in Detroit, Michigan to Albanian parents. My music passion started at the age of 4. My dad bought me my first Casio at that time and noticed I had a great talent for music.

My first Korg product was a Korg i3. After that, I have purchased and owned an Extreme, Prophecy, Triton, Kronos X, Kronos 2, Pa80, Pa800, Pa1x, Pa2x, Pa3x, Pa4x and now the Pa5x. I know the arranger keyboards in and out.

When people had issues with their arrangers from around the world, I was the one they called to help to fix it and solve it with them over the phone. I never minded helping out musicians when they encountered issues with their arrangers.

Today, I am booked at 70-100 weddings throughout the year. I understand the arrangers and I am constantly making them work to its full potential. I have made many styles and sounds and things that would blow your mind that were done using a stock Pa series.

I have countless ideas to make Korg the best arranger on the market. By Far. I understand how these machines work and how musicians use them. I also know how Korg should market them to make sales not only to the select musicians that use arrangers today but to cross that barrier and make arrangers the first choice when buying a keyboard.

The extremely disappointing thing I saw year after year with Korg Pa Series is that they are recycling styles and sounds that were made on the Pa80. 22 years ago.

Why do we still have Garage, Techno, Dance, Ciftetel, Polka, Oriental styles that were made on a Pa80 on our 5x today. This is extremely upsetting. There are thousands of musicians that excel in these genres and that would love to make a style for Korg. This wouldn’t even cost a thing. I believe musicians would love to have those bragging rights for making Korg a style that would be featured in their new Pa series.

You turn on your Pa5x and select the House, Techno, Dance, Garage style on. Now show someone the style, I promise you that they would laugh. Those styles are not from this century. You have so many talented musicians from Vietnam that shine in this genre. Their styles, drum kits, sounds are phenomenal. Go to Vietnam and get these guys to make you the best of the best for this genre.

Now for the Balkans and Middle Eastern styles, there is an embarrassing selection for you to choose from whether its styles or sounds on the Pa5x. This one would be an easy fix as there are thousands of musicians that have sets that would blow your mind with their styles, sounds and drum kits. All it would take is for Korg to go directly to Turkey and grab a handful of musicians and have them make a few styles for them.

Rap and Hip-hop are not my genre of music but why isn’t there updates styles for this. Think about all the young musicians in America, Europe and across the world that love this music. They don’t even look at arrangers. I bet they would if they had drum kits that were made today and not 20 years ago like we currently have on the 5x. I know we have Hip-hop drum kits and Dance drum kits, but, to be honest, they are the lowest grade possible. They’re nowhere near what they should be with todays standards.

Arrangers were always targeted to an older generation. The older generation is the one that turns on the keyboard and uses stock styles and sounds and are happy with what Korg gives them. Korg should break that barrier and try to reach out to the younger generations, new musicians, and keep up with today’s music.

Today’s music is EDM. There isn’t a style I can turn on and show someone how great the pa5x is. Imagine showing a Swede your pa5x Dance style, or showing a Middle Eastern your Ciftetel style, or showing a young American your Hip-hop style, or a Balkan person your Rumba style. It’s embarrassing.

You take a look at Yamaha Genos Packs. There are lots of EDM packs made from users across the world. That is what’s selling today. No one is going out of their way to buy Polka, Bossanova, Salsa styles. I’m also not saying they shouldn’t be updated but the users that use that style are not the ones that are using your keyboard to its full potential. The ones that are using the keyboard to its full potential are the new genres of music, the ones that are sampling, and the ones that are creating new styles and have full sets.

The pa4x was released in September of 2015. The pa4x as we know it today was released in 2019 because of their latest update. Now I know why people are always asking for the newest arranger. Its because when the new Arranger comes out to the public, and by the time Korg fixes all the bugs and for it to work correctly, years have went by and it is time for the successor to be brought out.

Example: when the Pa4x was released, people were already asking for the Pa5x. The 4x had many problems and by the time they were addressed and fixed, your Pa4x is now old.

If Korg gave me a chance to prepare myself and give them an open-hearted conversation in person, I promise I would change many things for the better of this company. At least for the arranger part of it. I have solid ideas and extreme love for this company.

It’s a huge upset when Korg releases an Arranger and in a few days, there are hundreds of bugs and things that don’t work. The “Please Wait” screen on our keyboards should not exist. We’re in 2022 people. Whatever we are loading should never take more than a few seconds to load. Our phones, computers, laptops, and tablets are loading much larger files in seconds. You can argue that the arrangers have different motherboards and a different system than a computer or phone but ask yourself why the hell are we still using the current technology for the keyboard.

If anyone from Korg would like to contact me, I would absolutely love to speak with anyone from your company. I would video conference you guys for 12 hours a day to take your arrangers to the next step. This was just a little tiny thing I wanted to get off my chest and doesn’t compare to the things I would love to bring to the table for Korg. You might need some new blood and new ideas brought to you guys.

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your day and weekend. Thanks for reading.

You can check out my bands music page on instagram here…. https://instagram.com/_elite_band_?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's time to start a New Company...

Think for moment how Hydra Synth has come from almost know where and has shaken up the synth world, when you look at how the company behind Hydra consulted the right people with the right brief it just shows what can be done...

Perhaps it is time to do the same for the Professional Arranger....

Food for thought with the right enthusiastic investor and for that my compass would swing East.... Idea

Last edited by D575 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Niki_Keyz Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz

Last edited by korgpask on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting Something Off My Chest for Korg! Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
Please read carefully. I wrote this open heartedly and with lots of love for the Korg Arrangers.

Hi Korg World.

My name is Nik Cubi. I was born in Detroit, Michigan to Albanian parents. My music passion started at the age of 4. My dad bought me my first Casio at that time and noticed I had a great talent for music.

My first Korg product was a Korg i3. After that, I have purchased and owned an Extreme, Prophecy, Triton, Kronos X, Kronos 2, Pa80, Pa800, Pa1x, Pa2x, Pa3x, Pa4x and now the Pa5x. I know the arranger keyboards in and out.

When people had issues with their arrangers from around the world, I was the one they called to help to fix it and solve it with them over the phone. I never minded helping out musicians when they encountered issues with their arrangers.

Today, I am booked at 70-100 weddings throughout the year. I understand the arrangers and I am constantly making them work to its full potential. I have made many styles and sounds and things that would blow your mind that were done using a stock Pa series.

I have countless ideas to make Korg the best arranger on the market. By Far. I understand how these machines work and how musicians use them. I also know how Korg should market them to make sales not only to the select musicians that use arrangers today but to cross that barrier and make arrangers the first choice when buying a keyboard.

The extremely disappointing thing I saw year after year with Korg Pa Series is that they are recycling styles and sounds that were made on the Pa80. 22 years ago.

Why do we still have Garage, Techno, Dance, Ciftetel, Polka, Oriental styles that were made on a Pa80 on our 5x today. This is extremely upsetting. There are thousands of musicians that excel in these genres and that would love to make a style for Korg. This wouldn’t even cost a thing. I believe musicians would love to have those bragging rights for making Korg a style that would be featured in their new Pa series.

You turn on your Pa5x and select the House, Techno, Dance, Garage style on. Now show someone the style, I promise you that they would laugh. Those styles are not from this century. You have so many talented musicians from Vietnam that shine in this genre. Their styles, drum kits, sounds are phenomenal. Go to Vietnam and get these guys to make you the best of the best for this genre.

Now for the Balkans and Middle Eastern styles, there is an embarrassing selection for you to choose from whether its styles or sounds on the Pa5x. This one would be an easy fix as there are thousands of musicians that have sets that would blow your mind with their styles, sounds and drum kits. All it would take is for Korg to go directly to Turkey and grab a handful of musicians and have them make a few styles for them.

Rap and Hip-hop are not my genre of music but why isn’t there updates styles for this. Think about all the young musicians in America, Europe and across the world that love this music. They don’t even look at arrangers. I bet they would if they had drum kits that were made today and not 20 years ago like we currently have on the 5x. I know we have Hip-hop drum kits and Dance drum kits, but, to be honest, they are the lowest grade possible. They’re nowhere near what they should be with todays standards.

Arrangers were always targeted to an older generation. The older generation is the one that turns on the keyboard and uses stock styles and sounds and are happy with what Korg gives them. Korg should break that barrier and try to reach out to the younger generations, new musicians, and keep up with today’s music.

Today’s music is EDM. There isn’t a style I can turn on and show someone how great the pa5x is. Imagine showing a Swede your pa5x Dance style, or showing a Middle Eastern your Ciftetel style, or showing a young American your Hip-hop style, or a Balkan person your Rumba style. It’s embarrassing.

You take a look at Yamaha Genos Packs. There are lots of EDM packs made from users across the world. That is what’s selling today. No one is going out of their way to buy Polka, Bossanova, Salsa styles. I’m also not saying they shouldn’t be updated but the users that use that style are not the ones that are using your keyboard to its full potential. The ones that are using the keyboard to its full potential are the new genres of music, the ones that are sampling, and the ones that are creating new styles and have full sets.

The pa4x was released in September of 2015. The pa4x as we know it today was released in 2019 because of their latest update. Now I know why people are always asking for the newest arranger. Its because when the new Arranger comes out to the public, and by the time Korg fixes all the bugs and for it to work correctly, years have went by and it is time for the successor to be brought out.

Example: when the Pa4x was released, people were already asking for the Pa5x. The 4x had many problems and by the time they were addressed and fixed, your Pa4x is now old.

If Korg gave me a chance to prepare myself and give them an open-hearted conversation in person, I promise I would change many things for the better of this company. At least for the arranger part of it. I have solid ideas and extreme love for this company.

It’s a huge upset when Korg releases an Arranger and in a few days, there are hundreds of bugs and things that don’t work. The “Please Wait” screen on our keyboards should not exist. We’re in 2022 people. Whatever we are loading should never take more than a few seconds to load. Our phones, computers, laptops, and tablets are loading much larger files in seconds. You can argue that the arrangers have different motherboards and a different system than a computer or phone but ask yourself why the hell are we still using the current technology for the keyboard.

If anyone from Korg would like to contact me, I would absolutely love to speak with anyone from your company. I would video conference you guys for 12 hours a day to take your arrangers to the next step. This was just a little tiny thing I wanted to get off my chest and doesn’t compare to the things I would love to bring to the table for Korg. You might need some new blood and new ideas brought to you guys.

You can check out my bands music page on instagram here…. https://instagram.com/_elite_band_?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

100% agreed with all you mentioned word by word.
I hope somebody from Korg read this post and other posts in our forum regarding Pa5X and they react or say something.

As i mentioned in other topic, Korg should hire the knowledgeable and experimented musicians from our forum in order to designing, consultation and testing their Arrangers.

I am still wondering what thees people (Pa Arranger testers), who were supposed to test the new Pa5X,
have tested and reported to Korg company to convince the Korg to release and sell the Pa5X in the market with lot of problem.
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting Something Off My Chest for Korg! Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:

Hi Korg World.

great, I totally agree with you, I was also offering my help. Well, I received an answer that KORG is NOT interested in cooperation.

I am preparing my services separately on my new site and it will be exactly what you were talking about.

Pa5X is a disappointment for me. My own sounds surpass the Pa5x, the capabilities and production of the Pa4X in this state surpass the Pa5X,

I can't do the same thing on Pa5X as on Pa4X.
yes, maybe they will improve Pa5X in the future, but it will be too late.

I'm sorry about the thing that I received CRITICISM right here on the FORUM for "crying". that I am a "barking dog". "will I also do this with Pa6X...

I'm sad about it. how could KORG release the Pa5X in this condition. It's more a SHAME than a success.

I love Korg.
I am also saddened by the fact that I was told here that I should only talk about what is stated in the instructions-manual.
I got the answer that if it's not in the manual, KORG decided to leave the given functions that the Pa4X has and the Pa5X doesn't have!

In that case, I prefer to stay with Pa4X and wait until Pa5x is better.

I didn't see anywhere that KORG announced that "functions from the Pa4X have been removed from the Pa5X because it is a completely different instrument.

Exactly as "Niki_Keyz" writes recycling old styles, I remember everything, like an estimate 10% new styles, 90 all old - used.
I expected at least a SEQUENCER 16 MIDI+8 or 16 AUDIO track combination.
System work as NOTEBOOK 8 -16 GB RAM
Korg disk M2 memory 256-512 GB and not now only 1GB !!!!!!!!!
A cell phone for €350 can do more. also a laptop for €500
technically at the moment I expected much more from Pa5X.

Remember the wishes of the musicians here at the festival, how many ideas were voiced here, how many wishes. as of 2019 nothing has been done of the Pa4X and it still does more than the Pa5X of 2022! (apart from a few new things) So they deleted a lot - removed from Pa5X what Pa4X had that was useful.

So far I liked when Pa1X came Pa2X
Pa2X : (Pa1X+new stuff=Pa2X) (not Pa1X-50% features=Pa2X)
Pa3X : (Pa2x + other new stuff)
Pa4X : (Pa3X + new stuff) although I miss MP3 AUDIO HARMONY

I was hoping that they would put this in Pa5X as well. Well, it isn't

Don't be mad at my REACTION, I'm sad about the state of Pa5X.
I wanted to share my experience with you and pass the information on to those who are interested in this information and who ask about it.

Greetings.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the best Topics opened here!!!

I have told the same thing here, 5 years back,
When did any of you played tarantella, or Wiener waltz, or Hora last time,???
Wake up!
How many makes their own sounds styles or more?

Why can’t we have NEWTHINKING as I asked for in years?
Look at the companies who makes romplers or vst s,
There are the newthinking people!
We need new fresh styles that fallows the 2022!
Cha cha, pasadoble, or oldies walts is nothing people
Ask for On a gig anymore.
The harmonica from I series!!! HOW
MANNY TIMES DID ANY OF YOU USED THAT FOR THE LAST DECADE?

We are here to lift KORG up, not take it down,
Stop criticizing when we try to make changes that we all will have use for.

I have another brand that starts all my samples sounds styles in just 4 seconds.1 gb in 4 sec!!!!!!
Bluetooth, Full sound font edit import and more.

It has a better display better knobs and buttons, Wi-Fi and much more…..
Better pc and mac user sound creator program and more

Paying 5k is not easy,
I love Korg, but just try to hang on, don’t time
Travel to 1990 s. Stay focused for the future Korg!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the best Topics opened here!!!

I have told here, 5 years back,
When did any of you played tarantella, or Wiener waltz, or Hora ,???
Wake up!
How many makes their own sounds styles or more?

Why can’t we have NEWTHINKING as I asked for in years?
Look at the companies who makes romplers or vst s,
There are the newthinking,
We need new fresh styles that fallows the 2022!
Cha cha, pasadoble, or oldies walts is nothing people
Ask for
On a gig!
The harmonica from I series!!! HIW
MANNY TIMES DID ANY OF YOU USED THAT FOR THE LAST DECADE?

We are here to lift KORG up, not down,
Stop criticizing when we try to make changes that we all will have use for.

I have another brand that starts all my samples sounds styles in just 4 seconds.1 gb in 4 sec!!!!!!

They have a better display
Better pc and max user sound creator program and more

Paying 5k is not easy,
I love Korg, but just try to hang on, don’t time
Travel to 1990 s. Stay focused for the future.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg isn't the only manufacturer to include legacy styles in their products. Yamaha has done this for years going back to the Tyros 1. The styles are refreshed and updated to new sounds and instruments, drums, etc.

Some style endure the test of time. I play the Tarentella or the Hora at weddings ALL THE TIME! If you are an entertainer, this is what you do. When I need to be current, I will make my own styles OR I will use a Karaoke MP3 file and sing and play to it.

That is the nature of the arranger; it must cater to all players, all genre's, all different countries, cultures, etc. The manufacturers cannot win in this scenario, they will piss somebody off if they swing in one direction or another.

To Korg's credit, they release fresh BonusWare styles which they give freely. Not even Yamaha does this, they sell their styles on their MusicSoft platform.

I'd rather see Korg concentrate on giving us the tools necessary to build our own styles quickly, on-the-fly, and high quality. Why haven't any manufacturers incorporated Artificial Intelligence in their arranger boards to assist with style creation????
flyadser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally cant agree more.
people alway says korg styles are out of date
60s rock, 90s dance
where is 00s style? 10s style, 20s style....even the style in my sold psr-s900 is far more comtemproary
they are heating leftover rice

just look yamaha, not only released many expansion pack, also latch onto pop movie or tvshow, eg icy ballad(Frozen), tv blockbuster(Game of Thrones)

plus, yamaha allow user to create encrypted pack, commercial or free,
the profit and right could be guaranteed
this is an positive cycle, and then lead to "yamaha ecology"
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:

.....To Korg's credit, they release fresh BonusWare styles which they give freely. Not even Yamaha does this, they sell their styles on their MusicSoft platform.

Not quite correct.
Yamaha did release all addon packs for free some timer ago.
In the Musicsoft store you have to order, but price is 0,-:
https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/c/downloadables/sound-expansion-library/premium-packs-voices
Here you can download stright away:
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html
In addition to that, there is a lot of 'bonusware' to find at the same page where Genos (and other models pages) updates and manuals is downloadable:
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

.......Cha cha, pasadoble, or oldies walts is nothing people
Ask for
On a gig!

Depends on where and for what occasion you're gigging.
The more genres the style collection represent, the better. That way you include possible way of use and also keep the range of users and new customers wider.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar J wrote:
kbrkr wrote:

.....To Korg's credit, they release fresh BonusWare styles which they give freely. Not even Yamaha does this, they sell their styles on their MusicSoft platform.

Not quite correct.
Yamaha did release all addon packs for free some timer ago.
In the Musicsoft store you have to order, but price is 0,-:
https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/c/downloadables/sound-expansion-library/premium-packs-voices
Here you can download stright away:
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html
In addition to that, there is a lot of 'bonusware' to find at the same page where Genos (and other models pages) updates and manuals is downloadable:
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Yes, I agree Gunnar, but when was the last Addon Pack released with contemporary styles? The BonusWare releases did contain contemporary song styles.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find some things being said so ironic in ways.

KORG includes styles from past keyboards in the current models, and people have a problem with this. Yet the first thing you guys seem to do when you get your new keyboard is load your old s**t into the new keyboard.

You see nothing wrong with that when you do it. But when KORG does it, there's a problem. No Arranger keyboard is going to come with 100% new styles each time. Generating the styles from a labour cost point of view probably costs more than all the R&D and build costs of the keyboard itself.

It simply makes logical sense to keep on adding new content.

Regards
Sharp.
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Akai MPC Live, just that interface is more advance and appealing to do some great work. Nice OS, screen etc

-------------------------------------------------------

I agree on this one, i say the same.

Sharp wrote:
I find some things being said so ironic in ways.

KORG includes styles from past keyboards in the current models, and people have a problem with this. Yet the first thing you guys seem to do when you get your new keyboard is load your old s**t into the new keyboard.

Regards
Sharp.

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."

Last edited by fResH_ on Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg are in a no win situation when it comes to styles. Some oldies like myself probably would like more swing, jazz, ballad, ballroom type styles , the younger players more modern type styles. I don’t think they have a choice they have to include a mix or they’ll lose customers.

BTW, when I bought my psr sx900, I sorted thru approx 4000 to 5000 Yamaha factory styles going back to Psr 2000 and Tyros 1. Styles from about 10 Yamaha keyboards and a couple of Clavinova’s .
Out of all those styles I ended up with about 300 to 400 that weren’t on the sx900. So Yamaha basically does the same thing, leave some out and add some new ones .

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: