Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did we get what we asked for?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Did we get what we asked for? Reply with quote

For months, I read many posts on our 4X forum demanding the release of the 5X ... posts that were very critical of Korg. I'm pretty sure that Korg, among many other criteria, carefully considered the pros and cons of releasing (perhaps) prematurely to satisfy customers demanding an updated arranger vs waiting for further development and testing. I'm not certain their decision was wrong but if it was influenced by the many posts demanding a new arranger, maybe we got what we asked for?

Not trying to be antagonistic here. Early release versus perfection is an issue every manufacturer confronts. Not easy to get right. What I know, is that Korg has always come through with the fixes.

From what I can tell from the ads and this forum: The 5X sounds better, has lost a few features, has some new ones and a few that don't work right. Same as my new car which also sounds better, has no CD player but has a bigger, better display -- which didn't work very well when I first got it.

Again, not trying to be antagonistic. I encourage those of you fortunate enough to have the early edition of the 5X to enjoy it as best you can and to continue to provide constructive feedback. I'm sure Korg is listening.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm.... Im not so sure a company like korg would react to demands coming from a forum like this or elsewhere when there is no real competition than what we already know and where people tend to sit in there camps...

I would think it is more likely that Global Covid Policy's have been very disruptive for Korg and has most likely impacted in many ways with PA5X coming to market....

I would tend to think (as one example) there might of been the strong possibility of supply and design issues which could of coursed rewrites of code which can be very costly with time...

What I suspect is the most likely reason for a premature release of PA5X considering the above, would be a financial department counting costs and putting pressure on the development and design teams to go to market when they were probably arguing they were not ready...

Generally financial directors have the last say in corporations for better or worse unfortunately....

But in essence I agree with the rest of your thread and that's precisely what I intend to do for now because for the rest of this year and next year I see further problem with the supply of electronic components and rising cost's ...Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: