Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal purchase show-stoppers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Spoke to Chris v Lommel today he is the benelux support manager and demonstrator from Korg..

There is a new modern replacement of the ec5 on its way from Korg.. presumably its an USB device that can be connected directly to the pa5x .. but Chris could not give any real details, just that its under development

That's nice and all, but one does wonder that as it is "under development" that's it's not a "knee-jerk" reaction to consumer complaint?

I mean, USB foot control devices are plentiful so it's no great tech involved. One also wonders why such a pedal was not already available as an accessory with the release of the keyboard?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna.1 wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Spoke to Chris v Lommel today he is the benelux support manager and demonstrator from Korg..

There is a new modern replacement of the ec5 on its way from Korg.. presumably its an USB device that can be connected directly to the pa5x .. but Chris could not give any real details, just that its under development

That's nice and all, but one does wonder that as it is "under development" that's it's not a "knee-jerk" reaction to consumer complaint?

I mean, USB foot control devices are plentiful so it's no great tech involved. One also wonders why such a pedal was not already available as an accessory with the release of the keyboard?

They (Korg) will always promote there products first and foremost,

So if they are having trouble producing a new pedal because of component issues, this would then make sense why we are missing the means (OS interface) to undarstand how to use this...

If and when Korg release a new pedal we may also see a firmware update which should reflect in the OS interface.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if they are having trouble producing a new pedal because of component issues, this would then make sense why we are missing the means (OS interface) to undarstand how to use this...

I never understand why Korg would not communicate these things.
Because of the total absence of communication from Korg, I cannot reasonably feel confident with speculations and guesses.
I am not disappointed with the PA5x just the total absence of Korg support with regard to these obvious issues.
They don't have to give details or dates but just acknowledge that they are working on it!!!

To me, silence is their enemy....
I simply cannot buy yet....

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

Because of the total absence of communication from Korg, I cannot reasonably feel confident with speculations and guesses.
I am not disappointed with the PA5x just the total absence of Korg support with regard to these obvious issues.
They don't have to give details or dates but just acknowledge that they are working on it!!!

Very Happy

I Absolutely agree Pete...

I Quote (((myself))) from a earlier thread below(July 02 2022)....

QUOTE > "I think the important thing here is going to be a strong customer support/communication betwean KORG and Customer...

So providing any criticism specifically through these forums or networking through a Korg dealer should be done in a constructive manner and this will be instrumental in the success for all parties, especially in theses Stressed Financial Times where products are becoming more expensive and disposable income are becoming smaller...

I think (((refining))) this process is going to be very important and I hope KORG acknowledge this time round and repond to quell any frustration in the future on this journey for those who invest in PA5X...

I am sure we the customer base (who after all are the best product testers out here) will respond as we always do with any discussion about bugs, firmware updates and future road map developments, and for this to work successfull this will require a good and strong communication/response and will need to work (((Both ways)))...

So with these thoughts in-mind I look forward to this journey with PA5X and One we hopefully can all enjoy."
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

Very Happy

Old fashioned company policies..

Same us Yamaha and Roland used to do, they communicate trough their dealerships..

Roland and Yamaha are slowly changing this, with Ed Diaz communicating directly trough social media.. and Yamaha with its synthesizer website in the US..

However on the arranger side of things, none of these old fashioned companies communicate directly with customers.
Mothman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Thanks Sharp - yes indeed the "VAR-UP" can be assigned but the problem for me is that there are only 2 ports for (2) single pedals.
Pete Very Happy

Assignment Var up/down doesn't work. Tried it numerous times - no workaround that I can find as yet. It's been acknowledged as a "bug" to add to the list.
LeSchloma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
I do not Understand you all, Sorry but try to understand , All this functions can be done with KORG nanopads.
Use one, And wait fore an updated OS, so we can see if there are any other sollutions KORG offers, For now Use the NANOPAD

Need to use my feet!!!!
Need to know the MIDI data to configure the functions in any MIDI pedal!!!

Hopefully a solution one day to "replace" the EC5 pedal

Very Happy

Hi, it's me again - the guy from Cologne Smile

I heard something VERY interesting from a German guy. At the time, he developed a small modification to the EC5 to use it for the Pa1000. You can send your EC5 to him, he rebuilds it and sends it back again.

Please see the Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7Z_3zlNb4

He is quite sure to use this also for the new Pa5x.

Here his German website:
www.Usbmidi.de

Regards from Cologne, Ralf

---------------------------
Musik für BestAger & Senioren
https://leschloma.de
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9KIpxTZZY2xnpiSDukXHMA
evo3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello LeSchloma

Many thanks for bringing up this modification of EC5.
It is really an good idea, but unfortunately as i saw on his homepage the possible parameter do not cover my selected parameter on the Pa4X.

I have on my EC5 following settings:

A: Style Start/Stop
B: Mic double on/off
C: Variation down
D: Fill 3
E: Variation up

Did you know, if this parameters can be programmed?

And what are the cost for the upgrade of this EC5?
LeSchloma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evo3 wrote:
Hello LeSchloma

Many thanks for bringing up this modification of EC5.
It is really an good idea, but unfortunately as i saw on his homepage the possible parameter do not cover my selected parameter on the Pa4X.

I have on my EC5 following settings:

A: Style Start/Stop
B: Mic double on/off
C: Variation down
D: Fill 3
E: Variation up

Did you know, if this parameters can be programmed?

And what are the cost for the upgrade of this EC5?

Hi!
As far as I understood you can use EC5 via USB on Pa1000/5x in the same way as you can use it connected to the 4x. The way to program it is also the same. For details and price I would suggest to conntact Matthias Itzenhäuser. You will find his contact data on his website.
Regards, Ralf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: