Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts about Korg and Pa5X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still totally wasting of time around the same and the same ...

& Asena
Concerning my knowledge , you're aware of it since forum member for many years , so let me & Musiccankill know better about
programming & hardware and of what is "inside the box" a long time ago !
Therefore write in wish list all your (non hardware) requests as we all do and maybe many of them will come true in near future.

Users needs and demands are totally different.
- Others need a better arranger to work with factory preset styles , this is ready.
- Others just want newer and better arranger to use their Pa4X work and edit resources & their custom samples in new features ,
this will be soon feasible after OS release.
- What you do need is an iOS App , with fancy functions Laughing Laughing Laughing
Any Wi-Hi / USB audio would be welcomed but not hardware supported and non critical at all IMO.

- What I do need as a sound developer & style creator is crystal clear :
1 ) The best hardware sampler in market with features that I can apply my VST level sound development with best stereo image &
separation and this is only Korg Pa5X , (Kronos 2 HD1 engine is not even close).
2 ) The best arranger keyboard that will use the best EDS-XP sound engine and use my custom stereo samples in tracks in 160
polyphony with pallet of Pro effects & finalizer due to create my Pro Styles as in Pa4X with far better clarity , stereo-phony and quality.
I never give a dime for factory resources , I never even like them since all are always far out of my demands.
Features are just of what I want , nothing more or less and I just wait for a finished OS that will contain all announced and present
features fully working.

I have nothing more to add on any relative subject concerning this until the official OS & Advanced Edit Manual will be available for downloading.
I will only keep on supporting members that own Pa5X and need troubleshooting help before official OS release.

Thanks for reading ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Well i cant hold this back, Dear Anthony. I really respect you and understand you are a Guru in this, You know that after almost 10 years .

But i also must say, Before anyone had any info about this KB 5X, some people had it for almost over 1 years in their hand that i know.¨

We had chance to explain things to KORG, even before it come out.
No one listened, to one of the guys i know had this in his hand 1 year before anyone had any info about it.

If you go in forum and search you can see some infos from me about it, and people was saying it,s fake.
Well, now, we have a KB thats not complete, or ready for Any user, including you.
Just because of that you can do some fix and tricks does not including some people never used things the KB can handle/Or will handle with an update, Like Style creating etc.

What we are after here is a Company that holds their Quality , and Promises.
For me, IF anything better is coming, in NOV/Dec from another brand, I will drop KORG, Because as you say, If you are Pro, you want more PRO things in your hand, This is for now nothing more than a New PA4X with minor ads.
You do not have better and NEW sounds, Not a new General MIDI Bank, for better sounding MIDI/Midi Karaoke and more
You do not have AUDIO OVER USB.
No Wifi for the new generation of Pedals.
Not a better and new thinking UI.
Comoon, you have far better resolution on pictures of any instrument in the IPAD aps.
Stil noise on this HUUUUUGE piano library like German Italian Japaneese or whatsoever they name it.
Listen carefully to some other sounds, They have Noise, they are not Good , and they are HUGE, for nothing!!!
And the same sound from SV series are clean and far better, SAME SOUND! they toke from Kronos/Nathilius Are not same on PA 5 X.
What is wrong with KOTG Arranger developers programmers, Why 2 Style player, make the tracks duble , instead of having 2 style player, use 16 Track, Instead of having MP3 Recorder Use wave, Instead of having the same GM Bank sounds Change it to more modern and better sounding Samples in it.
They give us 8 GB of Compressed RAM, For what? 30k Samples?
Why limits after limits.
The only thing that is new in this KB is the FX section, And WAVES.
If you pay 5K for a KB like this, you expect more, And you expect them to tell you all, Not Hide in a corner like KORG is doining now.

+ 1
the_boss81

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people write that the difference in sound between 5X and 4X is very big, others write that it is almost non-existent. I think I have to form my own opinion on one occasion instead of reading here... But it was no different with 4X vs 3X.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second I played the PA5X I noticed the audio quality - it is truly a professional sound.
I think DSP plays a big part as I understand the DACs are the same as PA3x, PA4x.

Korg have done a great job configuring the audio quality even if it's just DSP and EQ etc.....

Having said all that, I am still very satisfied with my PA4x audio. I wouldn't call the audio improvement "very" big but it is definitely great and different.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
thomasteele

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when friends came to see the pa5x they all said it was Better even in its undeveloped state with a..... ...FRESHER Sound thats what they say ... my dislikes are my own oppinion and I dont like the music stand its wobbly to the pa4x they say its the same as pa4x well mine is not .. and the keys are how can I say slower in feel to the pa4x perhaps its new and I have worn the pa4x keys dont know I love the pa5x far better graphically, more colour you soon get used to its quirkiness ... you look back and think yes it is better
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
The second I played the PA5X I noticed the audio quality - it is truly a professional sound.

Glad to hear you finally caught up with one.

-- Dave

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who wants to hear new beautiful samples, for example DRUMS - FX kit.

You can produce new INTO sounds
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
AntonySharmman wrote:
Maybe they might have guessed that they will earn 400$ from price that Pa5X will cost after new years eve ! Very Happy Time will show the real winners !

They'll only be winners if it ever works Wink also, if this keyboard is seriously increasing in price that soon then I really will not bother.... I would be expecting the price to reduce!!!!
I could almost buy 2 new PA4x-76 for the price of 1 PA5x.

I hope they fix it and finish it before they start asking for more money - that will terminate my relationship with Korg.
This whole thing gets more ridiculous by the minute, but don't get me wrong - very simply:-
.....I'd really like to buy one
.....I'd really like one that is NOT in BETA and is useable
.....I'd really like to trust Korg again

That's my wish-list

Very Happy

Pete,

My dealer (big Korg dealership) reckons the pricing will not change, and in fact may even go up further with inflation.

Korg have queues of folks waiting for one (and deposits paid) at the current pricing....there's no way Korg will drop price in the face of that demand!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, you are most likely correct.... Crying or Very sad
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thomasteele"]when friends came to see the pa5x they all said it was Better even in its undeveloped state with a..... ...FRESHER Sound thats what they say ... my dislikes are my own oppinion and I dont like the music stand its wobbly to the pa4x they say its the same as pa4x well mine is not .. and the keys are how can I say slower in feel to the pa4x perhaps its new and I have worn the pa4x keys dont know I love the pa5x far better graphically, more colour you soon get used to its quirkiness ... you look back and think yes it is better[/quote]

The problem with this kind of evidence is that when your friends are looking at the brand new keyboard you just dropped thousands of £££’s on , they are never going to say it sounds anything less than amazing .

Partly because the mind plays tricks on you because you see something new and shiny and expect to be amazed . Partly because they don’t want to appear like idiots that can’t tell the difference between the old thing you used and the new thing you are now using . And partly because they don’t want to embarrass their friend for wasting money on marginal at best audio improvements.

The only way to properly compare the sounds is to do a blind test .

Now who will be brave enough to do this ??? The korg manufacturer ??? Nope ! The korg sales people ?? Not a chance !!

There’s is just the korg users left . Is there anyone who owns both keyboards brave enough to do a blind test and produce the examples here ?

The silence on this may be indicative of what is actually the truth ….but let’s see
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the UK the Yamaha Genos started at £4000, it is now £3400.

Korg Pa5X 76 is £4,000.

Korg Pa4X 76 was £2500, but then went up to £2900 in the so called chip crisis/covid/rip off period

Here it is the hobby keyboardist who buys mid and top end arrangers with only a small minority of semi pro players.

Being retired I simply cannot justify buying a 5X at it present price point.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Until now I have stayed quiet on the launch of the PA5X but would like to pass comment as I'm a long time Korg owner/user. I've had the pleasure to own a PA2X Pro, a PA600, PA800, PA900, a T1, an SP250 and a PaAS speaker and currently own both a Korg PA4X and a Korg Nautilus 88. I have however also owned a string of Yamaha keyboards from an HX1 organ to a Tyros 5. As a result, I'll try to remain as impartial as possible. If I make a comment that I think could be controversial, I'll try and explain my reasoning.

I live in the U.K. and have met (on numerous occasions) at Festivals the Korg Team (Luke Edwards, Pete Shaw and Adam Whittle) who are brilliant and always helpful and friendly and a big plus for Korg (Luke and Pete are stunning players). I did attend a Music Show (Gearfest) in London a couple of months back and was able to have a 30 minute play on the 61 note PA5X on the Bonners Stand. I got to chat with Tony for ten minutes, what a lovely guy.

First of all is the PA5X O/S. It really does not bother me too much for two reasons, I am always a buyer of a new keyboard about a year in and by that time the O/S has normally been updated and the keyboard is then working pretty much how it should. Secondly, I'm not a menu digger. as I tend to use the keyboard sets provided, and play with whatever sounds I have. In this respect I think the current O/S allows you to do this without presenting too many problems.
That said, I have huge sympathy for the current PA5X owners who are experiencing issues and hopefully by December all the problems will be solved. The December O/S does not make the current issues acceptable. I also truly hope that the issues with the O/S does not damage Korg as a Company long term. The PA5X will probably be the biggest selling Korg product in the coming years so it's not a great advert to have all the negative feedback on the Forums. Please believe me, Members on the PSR Tutorial Forums are taking great pleasure in what's happening with the PA5X launch. A Yamaha player friend of mine suggested that Korg should give each buyer a pair of 'donkey ears' with every PA5X purchased !!

The PA5X keyboard itself. It looks great, and sound very good. However, these Forums have highlighted an issue that does concern me regarding the Piano samples. Both Antony Scharmman and Asena (I think) have mentioned 'noise' on the samples. If that is the case, it's really poor that Korg would allow this issue to arise and definitely not acceptable on a 'Top of the range' arranger keyboard. When Antony Scharmman posts with issues like this, I sit up and take notice. Is there any way this can be addressed on an O/S update ? I was so concerned by this issue that I sent Antony a PM to see if my Nautilus 88 had the same problem.

I have put a link to a Rimmers video comparing the PA5X to a Yamaha Genos, and although the Genos is five years old I thought it fared very well up against the PA5X for sounds. The organ rotary was poor against the PA5X, but I thought the actual Genos organ sample was better than the CX3. Have a listen and I would love to hear your opinions. I just do not think the PA5X beat the Genos hands down on every sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2M1begz-ds

As Korg does not keep the general public aware of product launches until launch date, I ended up becoming the owner of a Korg Nautilus 88 about two months prior to the PA5X launch. Itchy feet !!
This Nautilus 88 is simply mind blowing, the build quality is like nothing I have ever owned. It's built like a tank, feels and looks absolutely gorgeous and the content inside is amazing. The sounds, effects and ability to delve into menus is beyond anything I have ever encountered. I did recently post that the electronic pianos and some of the acoustic guitars were a little disappointing. A guy directed me to the Korg Shop (where they were having a 50% off sale on Nautilus samples). 10 minutes later, I was £40 poorer but the E.Piano and Acoustic Guitar issues were solved. This Nautilus keyboard has got me seriously wondering if I should forget about buying a PA5X, it seriously is that good. I've been told it's a Korg Kronos with improved samples minus buttons/sliders and something called Karma. Whatever, it's simply the best musical instrument I have ever owned. The price for this 88 note weighted Workstation keyboard is around £2,500 with the current selling price approximately £2,100. The PA5X 88 is selling for around £4,400 (which is over £2,000 more expensive).

Now for the controversial part of my Post. I have a keyboard playing friend who is also a Member of various Keyboard Forums (this one included). His working life was spent with a Company that made hi-fi speakers. One of his jobs when a new speaker was built was to sit down with other Executives and assess the speakers abilities, it's production costs and ultimately what they could 'get away' with charging the public for the speaker. If the speakers excelled against a rivals speakers the higher the retail price went. I honestly believe this is what Korg is doing with the PA5X. No way on this earth is the PA5X worth nearly double the price of a Korg Nautilus. I'm just not having it, no way. The bottom line is that they both appeal to different markets, the PA5X is more for older home music makers, semi-retired or retired people with more expendable income whereas the Nautilus Workstation appeals more to younger music makers and pro players with less expendable income. I just think that as Yamaha did with the Genos, Korg are exploiting people with the retail cost of the PA5X. I would also like to remind you that Korg were fined £1.5 million for illegally preventing online discounting of their products, so nothing would surprise me about Korg and the launch of the PA5X.

https://www.gov.uk/government/case-studies/korg-fined-15-million-for-illegally-preventing-online-price-discounts

Two final points, firstly as a pensioner here in the U.K. we get treated very poorly with low pensions. Our 'triple lock' protection was cancelled by the Chancellor of the Exchequer this year and we were duly 'shafted'. For me, It's so disappointing to find out that I'm also potentially being shafted by a Company that I have showed such loyalty to if I decide to purchase a PA5X.
Secondly, there is a Facebook group for Korg arranger owners called the Korg World Club for PA owners of which I am a Member. Say or do anything derogatory about the PA5X and your Post is removed by Leigh the Moderator. Post anything else derogatory and you receive a lifetime ban. Need I say more !!

Chris
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris , read the 3rd post of this page for piano samples http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=816322#816322

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Chelsea4023 (Chris)

Yes I also agree with your comments regarding the Korg Uk Team (luke Edwards, Pete Shaw and Adam Whittle) a good bunch who are clearly doing there best with a product that would of benefited from there professional input long before it was ever put to market, they have definitely been put in a difficult position over PA5X and something that I would describe at this moment in time as a "Gordian Knot" and importantly as they have been mentioned here, I would exclude them from any criticism (which I have been clear too do so previously) which i hold squarely at the feet of the Senior Management at the Headquarters of The Korg Corporation. Smile
davekalbach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the thoughtful post Chris.

And thanks for the reference to the Facebook group. Just joined!

-- Dave Very Happy

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: