Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa5x Matrix buttons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzzmcm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Pa5x Matrix buttons Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to Pa arrangers and have purchased a Pa5X after many years using the range of yamaha arrangers. I like the new keyboard and have sussed out a lot for myself. can any one help me with the following?

1. Are the pads saved with a style as with a yamaha? I have copied a style and changed the 4 kbd sets associated with it, and then saved it. However, changing the pads do not seem to save with the copied style. The only way I have found to get what I want saved is to save the copied style, pads etc. (at my chosen volume), as a songbook item.

2. I have managed to select my choice of pads etc. in the Matrix and saved these, but I find the volumes of the chosen pads are not saved permanently. The volumes revert to some default. This makes them far less useable. I don't think they are saved in a songbook entry either.
Thanks
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 The most optimal option to save own pads is Songbook. You don't need to copy styles anymore like it is in yamaha.
2 It seems it is a bug.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa5x Matrix buttons Reply with quote

Buzzmcm wrote:
Are the pads saved with a style ?

Yep , every style have 4 independent PADs shown in main screen (don't confuse them with Matrix)
and can be saved with the style when edited.
so edit them as you like and then save style in user possition.
Matrix PADs are global for all styles and are saved to "Settings" among all others.

All parameters of 4 PAD are saved correctly using factory/Bonus styles with all volumes Fx sends etc , but might not
work properly in converted styles from older Pa models as many other functions of these styles with current OS.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Buzzmcm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt replies.
With regards to the saving of the volumes of matrix pads, there were two conflicting replies:
1. "this appears to be a bug"
2. "the matrix data is stored in MY SETTINGS"

I have tried changing the matrix details and then saving a new MY SETTINGS but the volumes still revert. If it's a bug, I'll stop spending time trying things.
Has anyone managed to do this, or should I give up with the Matrix, at least for now?
Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzmcm wrote:

With regards to the saving of the volumes of matrix pads ...

- You still confuse 4 Style PADs with Global Matrix PAD !
- You can only assign a saved PAD at Matrix TABs , nothing else ! and the edited Matrix is saved only at "SETTINGS" of KST
folder as corrected above , so change a Matrix Tab , exit , restart and changes will be there until you load SETTINGS from
another KST folder since editor auto-saves changes.
Read page 300 of manual

- Only 4 Styles PADs 1-4 are fully editable with volumes/FX send etc and changes of them will be saved in current style
when saving style , 1 to 4 PAD references in styles are not the 4 first Matrix tabs !
Read manual from page 173 to see what are the 4 editable PADs of every style.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all Pa5X users

Matrix & main styles PADs have as common source factory or custom PAD with external samples assigned to them ,
so you can import any Wav stereo file of sound/note/FX (and time sliced later) create a multisample , then a SOUND and
then create a new PAD using it at Matrix Tabs or Style 4 PADs.

As concerned to how you can create many groups of Matrix Pads/buttons there is a method described bellow.

Saving a group of created 16 X 3 global Matrix PADs

- Goto FILE/INTERNAL/ click SETTINGS , select Save , Select Media (f.e. mSD card) , create "new.KST" , rename it to MatrixGroup1.KST & save.
- You can create and save many groups of Matrix tabs this way and load them when you need the specific group for your performance.

But in this case remember that "SETTINGS" data also includes "My Settings" , 11 favorites and all arranger preferences like "Pre-Selected Styles" ,
Sliders & buttons assignments and also if custom samples are used in PADs then you must have always loaded those SOUNDs with samples in
your main PCM setup.

If you ask me what kind of PADs are the best , I would only suggested embedded 4 Pad in style where you will always have what Pad you need
saved in Style with all EQ/Volume & FX parameters and not in Global Matrix tabs where you have no sound control and are global for all styles.
Matrix IMO needs a lot of development and not ready to be used yet more than simple sound PAD buttons and muting Styles tracks ...

Hope this helps

pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems logical, that the matrix should save volume status of the assigned pads but as AntonySharmman wrote, this part of instrument is not throught out by the producer.
It looks like during design of the Matrix there was no idea for this section
Buzzmcm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you both for your replies. I think i will use Matrix sparingly for a while!
However, I must say that having started to understand the terminology and concepts of Korg vs. Yamaha, I'm liking the Pa5x.
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject: Matrix PADs modes Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I wounder if the matrix pads are just to trigger samples or not.

Is something like what is shown below possible with PA5X matrix pads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYyGumjlWZ4&t=39s

Best Regards,
Manouchehr
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone knows how to reload the factory Matrix settings ONLY?

Regards,
Dimitris
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just can not ...
Matrix Pads are only part of SETTINGS and can not be detached in current OS file system , so read my above post of what else
is included in SETTINGS if you recall it from another saved KST folder.

valimaties

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject: Mute/Unmute group of channels in style Reply with quote

Hi.
Is there an option to mute/unmute a group of channels in style using the matrix (or something else) by pressing only one button?

Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep , the last group of PADs is used for muting tracks !

pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrix is functionally limited at this stage. Hope to see wider application by future implemented Matrix features.
It looks like Korg hadnt idea for this section when the instrument was released.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
Matrix is functionally limited at this stage. Hope to see wider application by future implemented Matrix features.
It looks like Korg hadnt idea for this section when the instrument was released.

Yes, all part of the frustration and disappointment of this keyboard, unfortunately... Sad (With a heavy heart, I have to say never again Korg)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: