Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still excited about the pa5x
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands on is the only way, but you know that. Anyway, Brum's only down the road from Wolves. You could be stuck hundreds of miles form anywhere like Pete and myself. Smile
Blazenko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Honesty , I always enjoy my own resources Styles and especially sounds I have created as the most of you know
from WavesArt Development that I have already transferred in Pa5X and my current issue is that Styles are damaged
in INTRO1/END1 'cause of bug I have explained in relative topic , and also I can't create new stereo compressed PCM
'cause of another bug in saving function of stereo samples.

So up to this working point of unfinished OS , the overall sound using this special tool of mastering per styles and new
re-written code of sound engine is far better than any KorgPa arranger , all resources are sounding with clarity and rich
stereo separation that do not remind me at all Pa4X although hardware (DAC f.e.) is similar.

Factory resources are also enhanced with new samples in popular instruments and Styles in low power audience seem
close to Genos , but if you increase volume (f.e. 2 X 200W rms) , Genos reveals the fake DSP sounding while Pa5X sounds
punchy and close to a real live playing band , that nobody managed to demonstrate yet and show the superiority of
new EDS-XP sound engine & mastering tools.

I will describe my feelings after working hours per day on Pa5X with my resources (up to the point I can with current OS) ,
when I turn on my Pa4X and try to test older resources , I get the feeling that I use a very old and outdated arranger with
poor interface and with overall bad sounding Styles without details ... You'll be addicted if you use it a lot and get familiar
with new expanded interface ! This is a new arranger , unfinished yes but not a continuation ...

Therefore my essential expectations were fulfilled and we have a strong base of EDS-XP sound engine where all are sounding
much better and hardware ready arranger and just waiting official & finished OS to work further and create new Styles &
new real stereo Sounds.

This is my point of view as a sound developer & style creator that I demand the best tool for my work.

Hi, what do you mean with fake DSP sounding and is it still in Genos2 ?
Maybe the Pa4X has the same problem like Genos and the Pa5X is in this regard much better?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a an old post (Sep 17, 2022) many things has been changed in Pa5X since then , you'd better read most recent posts.
Concerning your question , Genos 2 if far better from older Genos with improved DSP but still too much processed samples
that do not give the sense of a power live orchestra compared to Pa5X but still the second option after Pa5X arranger.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Blazenko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
This is a an old post (Sep 17, 2022) many things has been changed in Pa5X since then , you'd better read most recent posts.
Concerning your question , Genos 2 if far better from older Genos with improved DSP but still too much processed samples
that do not give the sense of a power live orchestra compared to Pa5X but still the second option after Pa5X arranger.

Thank you for your response. So Genos2 is now soundwise between a live and a home keyboard.
I am considering to buy a Pa5X or a Genos2. I am playing mostly at home.

Last edited by Blazenko on Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends of how you want to use it , out of the box and using factory resources both arrangers are excellent.
- For power users/developers Pa5X is superior in many aspects , for home use and simple editing they're rather close !
- Pa5X has better factory sample resources but Yamaha always develop their sound resources better than Korg.
- Also Genos 2 for first time supports multi time signature in Style elements as KorgPa that nobody seems to noticed.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Blazenko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
It depends of how you want to use it , out of the box and using factory resources both arrangers are excellent.
- For power users/developers Pa5X is superior in many aspects , for home use and simple editing they're rather close !
- Pa5X has better factory sample resources but Yamaha always develop their sound resources better than Korg.
- Also Genos 2 for first time supports multi time signature in Style elements as KorgPa that nobody seems to noticed.

I once had in Croatia the opportunity to listen to a Ketron keyboard, a Yamaha keyboard, and a Korg keyboard at a live event, all through the same mixer and PA system. The impression of sound was quite clear; the Ketron keyboard had the most power and the most significant live character. Korg followed, and then Yamaha. And I guess that's still the case. However, if you play at home or primarily play at home, it's probably the opposite. At home, you don't necessarily always need the powerful sound or the live character, but rather a balanced stereo image with nice effects and so on.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not insert in details , but as a Musician I will not put audio players and audio loops of 2000 , in the class of midi events arrangers
I prefer my studio master with my own notes played by Musicians ! Laughing
Also seriously consider that after owning a Pa4X Musikant , I don't believe Genos 2 will be close to your genre resources !

Blazenko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Also seriously consider that after owning a Pa4X Musikant , I don't believe Genos 2 will be close to your genre resources !

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yeah I think, that's true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: