Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa5X extra added factory Multisamples review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Pa5X extra added factory Multisamples review Reply with quote

I will focus only on Pa5X extra factory Multisamples (MS) compared to Pa4X.

New mainly real stereo MS of Pa5X start from position 1307 up to 2008 and the size of samples is at least 3 times larger
than the already existing in Pa4X Next 1305 MS that also all are included in Pa5X.

New Pa5X added MS are briefly for the following instruments :
- New stereo Grand pianos & FX , 8 velocity layers & Resonance for Austrian , Japanese & Japanese Upright
- Rhodes MKII & FX
- Rhodes Mark V & FX
- Wurly 200A & FX
- CP E.Piano & FX
- DX E.Piano (sampled in 6 velocity layers)
- Brand new stereo MS of solo brass & woodwinds with all required articulation like 4th/8th Up-down glissando among others.
- New stereo MS of Solo Strings , Bass-Cello-Viola-Violins with all required articulation plus strings resonance.
- Electric guitar & articulation
- Plenty of vintage synths MS from 1815 up to 1903 positions , ideal for creating variable synth Sounds that were lacking from PaSeries.
- Plenty of new Sci-Fi & Cinematic FX
As last new DK elements can be found only at Drum samples and all new stereo drumkits with round-robin are noted with RR
letters at the end of DK Sound names.

Obviously you can meet the most MS you need in Pa5X (including Pa4X MS) , in order to create many advanced Sounds with
articulation & FX without the need of external samples , using DNC2 switching and the new magnificent sound engine of Pa5X.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
jbd59

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thank's Anthony ,for this review , that's proving the PA5X is a great instrument with sound approching the reality ! by just listenning audio demo of solo instrument is just sufficent to see that's many samples are very great and very well captured !
cheers !
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antony,
You praise all the M/S on the PA5X yet you mentioned previously about the poorly prepared sampled pianos saying there are 'noise' issues. I believe Asena mentioned they are unusable in a professional context. Could you please clarify the issue. Would it be possible for these M/S issues to be corrected in a future software update ?
I honestly think that Forum Members deserve to know if there are issues (other than the O/S problems) and there clearly are in some of the M/S. It's no good to say 'just don't play the pianos loud and it will be o.k.' !!
Chris
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbd59 wrote:
Many thank's Anthony ,for this review , that's proving the PA5X is a great instrument with sound approching the reality ! by just listenning audio demo of solo instrument is just sufficent to see that's many samples are very great and very well captured !
cheers !
Yep , they have unexpectedly added many precious articulation for many acoustic instruments that provide
advanced users the ability to create VST level sounds as WavesArts does since 10 years in Kronos & PaSeries.

Chris
I praise nothing , I just refer to what is included there that the most of you have no clue !
I republish of what I had noticed in Italian Grand , but this is also in Pa4X , so finally nothing new ...
New Japanese Grand also found with enhanced mic white noise in same frequencies but not easily remarkable.
Other Grand Pianos seem more equalized but still not my taste ...
Do not ever expect from others to review Acoustic Grand pianos for you , you have strictly to try them yourself !

Quote:

I have examined details of one Pa5X factory piano , Italian Grand and I uploaded the audio recorded from L-R outputs ,
that piano experts can hear and compare with Kronos samples.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MvrA7AUgxJgCyKkwSw3Dmj54_bwYX0Xz/view?usp=sharing

At the beginning of wav file , you can hear environment white noise of microphones after pedal FX pressed , the same white noise
exists in main sustain samples that are following without sustain pedal , and at the last sustained notes pedal + main notes + resonance
layer that all contain the same white noise and is multiplied by 3 X sustained notes.
Spectrum analyzer showed me not exactly hiss noise but enhanced spectrum of 50-500 Ηz of white noise ...

Briefly it can't be noticeable if playing piano in average low power of Amp but only if you raise volume while playing some sustained mid & high notes.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: