Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Control Of Synchronised Players Above X-FADER Access

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: More Control Of Synchronised Players Above X-FADER Access Reply with quote

I believe there is a Strong Need to improve access to Player1 and Player2 once locked and synchronised together independently of the X-FADER Slider when both Players have started each style, so you can have real-time access and complete control of all the functions from the Main Screen or the Control Panel of Player1(Yellow) and Player2 (Blue) with out disturbing the X-FADER Slider...

At the present time during a performance you have limited options/access to both Players (1 and 2) unless you choose to disturb the X-FADER which is not practical in many instances once set, and this can be very limiting when needing to access each player independently after synchronisation during a performance...

Suggestion>
Perhaps a double tap of the Style button in each Player would then switch to the Player of choice indicated by the change in colour of the Player chosen (Yellow or Blue)...

This would be very useful (essential) during a performance and would eliminate the problem of having to access each player through the X-FADER Slider, which again is Not Practical once the X-FADER Slider has been set between each player in synchronisation mode...

If the Development Team would consider this, i am sure this would then add huge potential to the New Dual Players when synchronised together and give the Flexibility which is missing in the present OS considering all the above.

Or am I missing something?
davekalbach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: More Control Of Synchronised Players Above X-FADER Acces Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
I believe there is a Strong Need to improve access to Player1 and Player2 once locked and synchronised together independently of the X-FADER Slider when both Players have started each style, so you can have real-time access and complete control of all the functions from the Main Screen or the Control Panel of Player1(Yellow) and Player2 (Blue) with out disturbing the X-FADER Slider...

+1

I noticed this as well. If I'm understanding correctly, the issue is when you X-Fade the 5X still only displays either Player 1 or Player 2 controls. There should be a way to access both Players (AGREED)

Originally I was thinking there should be an absolute MIDDLE point where Both Blue and Yellow Players would be Selected (Displayed) but with the dual functionality of many of the buttons this may be impossible.

Perhaps they could dedicate Hardware to Player 1, with Touchscreen for Player 2 while in a X-Faded Selection

-- EDITED --

After re-reading your post in the Wishlist, I think your Double Tap of the STYLE Button idea is a better way to go.

I have added this to my running list: Pa5X To Do List of Known Bugs, Desired Features and Hopeful Fixes.

Thank you!

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano

Last edited by davekalbach on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave... So just to recap here, what i am surgesting is the great need for Full Access of "Control" from the Main Screen Menu or Control Panel Buttons for each Player (1 & 2) which for the current OS can only be accessed by the X-FADER slider position acording to the highlighted coloured indicators (Yellow or Blue)...

So importantly we have a need to access all controls for both Players
(For instance, style mixer, x4 Pads or x16 Matrix Pads, etc etc) without disturbing the X-FADER Slider when both players (1 & 2) are synchronised and active while Multi-Tasking during a performance, which is currently not possible as far as I can tell with this first version of the OS.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update>

"Report from this thread passed to Korg development team"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: