Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 61 Re-booting…

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject: Kronos 61 Re-booting… Reply with quote

My Kronos 61 has randomly restarted 3 times in the last three weeks with the same error message “Kronos needs to restart - maybe due to incorrect power cycling’ or words to that effect - any thoughts?

www.losendos.co.uk
BlackForest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear...I have no idea, but is it only my impression that these posts like this are on the increase these days..?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you run the Kronos on a UPS. That is highly recommended if it is due to power glitches.

If you are on a UPS and you are confident it is working, then it may be time to have a look inside the Kronos and make sure that all connectors are secure.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 61 Re-booting… Reply with quote

alanjpearson wrote:
My Kronos 61 has randomly restarted 3 times in the last three weeks with the same error message “Kronos needs to restart - maybe due to incorrect power cycling’ or words to that effect - any thoughts?

Your profile shows that you have been a member here (and presumably owned a Kronos) for 10 years. In that time you should have seen a lot of threads about the dreaded "A problem has been detected..." message.

Your Kronos must be well out of warranty, so if you are at all technically inclined I would suggest opening it up and re-seating as many internal connections as you can reach... Including removing and re-seating the memory sticks on the motherboard.
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,

Do you run the Kronos on a UPS. That is highly recommended if it is due to power glitches.

If you are on a UPS and you are confident it is working, then it may be time to have a look inside the Kronos and make sure that all connectors are secure.

Hi

No UPS and I don’t think power glitches are the issue as my other keyboards and outboard are unaffected over several years

www.losendos.co.uk
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 61 Re-booting… Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
alanjpearson wrote:

Your profile shows that you have been a member here (and presumably owned a Kronos) for 10 years. In that time you should have seen a lot of threads about the dreaded "A problem has been detected..." message.

Your Kronos must be well out of warranty, so if you are at all technically inclined I would suggest opening it up and re-seating as many internal connections as you can reach... Including removing and re-seating the memory sticks on the motherboard.

I’ll check out internal connections - good call

www.losendos.co.uk
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for completeness - this is another example of where you need reseat the memory..........fixed

www.losendos.co.uk
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjpearson wrote:
this is another example of where you need reseat the memory..........fixed

Good to hear!
I will add another point that I posted in another thread, but is relevant here:
I was getting the "power cycling too quickly" message as well as random reboots on my Kronos2-61. I opened it up and found a little dime-sized circuit board on a wire flopping around inside. It was causing intermittent short circuits that were glitching the power supply. I was lucky it didn't damage other boards or components.

I Googled the part number on the little circuit board and found that it holds the little LED that shines through the "O" in the Korg logo on the back panel. It is only secured to the back panel by a little dab of glue, and tends to come loose over time. I secured it back to the panel with a piece of "Gorilla Tape" that should hold it for a few more years. An alternative would be to simply unplug the wire connecting the little board to the motherboard, and just throw the little LED thing away. It serves no other purpose other than cosmetic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: