Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedal control pa5x wishlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject: Pedal control pa5x wishlist Reply with quote

I rely on Songbookplus app on the iPad, Blueboard or Airturn bt500s-6 pedals For controls. Keeps my mind on performing. Extra pedal slots? What for? More wires…It would have been cleaner to have a Built in Bluetooth LE for Bluetooth pedals mentioned. Presently, I use Widimaster external hardware to do this. This technology has been out since 2011. The Roland GoPiano had this feature for years…now even with Alexa (which I think is silly) to tell your keyboard what to do…😵‍💫
jpires

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject: ec5 pedal Reply with quote

Wye Korg didn't add the EC5 pedal connections?
I am sad, i will keep my PA4x.
JP
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ec5 pedal Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
Wye Korg didn't add the EC5 pedal connections?
JP

The ec5 was not a surprise. As they already eliminated it on pa1000. So I run without it using my Airturn pedals and widimaster…not a problem…though, pa5x bugs need to be worked out…might not happen with hardware until maybe a pa1000 compatible model release?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
Why Korg didn't add the EC5 pedal connections?

+1000
Why didn't they retain the EC5 or give us an EC10 or ANY alternative!!!
I've use my EC5 for over 20 years - I don't mind buying a new different pedal but there is no alternative solution from Korg.
MIDI pedals do NOT solve the problem because Korg, in their infinite wisdom (or lack of), still do not provide MIDI implementation details.

If anyone believes that a MIDI pedal is the solution, then, as one small example, please tell me how to configure a MIDI pedal to activate "VAR-up and VAR-down".
The MIDI data for that (and many others) is not available from Korg!!!!

No EC5 (or equivalent pedal) is one of a few showstoppers for me.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
jpires wrote:
Why Korg didn't add the EC5 pedal connections?

+1000
Why didn't they retain the EC5 or give us an EC10 or ANY alternative!!!
I've use my EC5 for over 20 years - I don't mind buying a new different pedal but there is no alternative solution from Korg.
MIDI pedals do NOT solve the problem because Korg, in their infinite wisdom (or lack of), still do not provide MIDI implementation details.

If anyone believes that a MIDI pedal is the solution, then, as one small example, please tell me how to configure a MIDI pedal to activate "VAR-up and VAR-down".
The MIDI data for that (and many others) is not available from Korg!!!!

No EC5 (or equivalent pedal) is one of a few showstoppers for me.

Very Happy

Not a Show stopper I created a pedal rack that uses 2 Airturn pedals. Just set on floor, widi master is already in the midi in/out port. Turn on pedals and Korg, they pair. Start, Break, Var 1-4 on one pedal. Other pedal Ending 1,2,3 and I added intro 1 which I use for Jailhouse Rock and Take it Easy. 2 for spare…over 2 years I have been using this, but harmony on/off and var up/down not midi messages…have to use assignable switches…but in my case only need one for harmony on/off…
The midi messages are found on pages 908 and 909 of the pa1000 manual. All you do is set midi channel 16 in to control, then program to send the PC messages on channel 16 with the Airturn pedals…very flexible…maybe ask Korg to expand on the midi pc messages? I use this on my PA3x and pa1000…

What I use:
One Widi Master
https://www.cme-pro.com
Bt500s-6 or 4 recommendations - the 6 has 2 ports for expression and or wah pedals. Which controls the same…for example cc11 for expression and cc12 or cc13 for effects like wah…
https://www.airturn.com
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:58 am    Post subject: 2 Airturn pedals and widi jack Reply with quote

How I replaced the ev5 pedal…

https://vimeo.com/751948957
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but harmony on/off and var up/down not midi messages…have to use assignable switches

Yep!!! That's my showstopper problem.

Need those functions on the pedal, not assignable switches.
There are several functions that the EC5 will perform but not from a MIDI pedal.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
but harmony on/off and var up/down not midi messages…have to use assignable switches

Yep!!! That's my showstopper problem.

Need those functions on the pedal, not assignable switches.
There are several functions that the EC5 will perform but not from a MIDI pedal.

Very Happy

Understood…own pa1000 (no ec5 port) had to use midi pedals. And to top it off the harmony on/off is not assignable or midi message. Which I thought strange? It is assignable on pa5x like Pa4x/3x…and earlier models…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: