Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there any chance to see Korg Kronos successor?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Is there any chance to see Korg Kronos successor? Reply with quote

IMO Korg is the best company that makes music keyboards,, I hope they don't lose their market share, after 12 years there is no successor to that monster!
Come on, Korg!
I was young when you released Kronos, And now my hair turned gray And I am afraid to become grandfather or die before I see Kronos successor

I don't like Korg Nautilus at all ......it's cheap, plastic and limited! Confused
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any chance to see Korg Kronos successor? Reply with quote

ANAFREE wrote:
IMO Korg is the best company that makes music keyboards,, I hope they don't lose their market share, after 12 years there is no successor to that monster!
Come on, Korg!
I was young when you released Kronos, And now my hair turned gray And I am afraid to become grandfather or die before I see Kronos successor

I don't like Korg Nautilus at all ......it's cheap, plastic and limited! Confused

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for a new Kronos, especially in today's world economy. IF they release a Kronos 3, sign me up right now. Like you, I'm not a fan of the Nautilus. (And what the hell was Korg thinking in the design of the 61 and 73 key. Ugh.)
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any chance to see Korg Kronos successor? Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
ANAFREE wrote:
Come on, Korg!

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for a new Kronos, especially in today's world economy. IF they release a Kronos 3, sign me up right now. Like you, I'm not a fan of the Nautilus. (And what the hell was Korg thinking in the design of the 61 and 73 key. Ugh.)

And what the hell was Korg thinking in the design of the 61 and 73 key. Ugh.)

Haha yeah it's the Ugliest design I've ever seen in my life, 88 version isn't that bad but it looks cheap and it really is.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any chance to see Korg Kronos successor? Reply with quote

ANAFREE wrote:
drama1 wrote:
ANAFREE wrote:
Come on, Korg!

Haha yeah it's the Ugliest design I've ever seen in my life, 88 version isn't that bad but it looks cheap and it really is.

With the state of the world economy Korg may well have taken the correct course. Price point dictates volume of purchases. Historically, the Oaasys people raised many simular gripes about quality and options when the Kronos was first introduced. Kronos had its own quality adjustments as well. Note, fan noise and no chord buttons. But the price was less than the Oasys and Kronos sold like hot cakes. Now comes the Nautilus and the gripes of the Kronos owners are well documented. But the price point is better and, I think; Korg is anticipating good sales volume for the Nautilus. I would not think of anticipating a "Kronos replacement"; I think it is already here. Wink

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any chance to see Korg Kronos successor? Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:

With the state of the world economy Korg may well have taken the correct course. Price point dictates volume of purchases. Historically, the Oaasys people raised many simular gripes about quality and options when the Kronos was first introduced. Kronos had its own quality adjustments as well. Note, fan noise and no chord buttons. But the price was less than the Oasys and Kronos sold like hot cakes. Now comes the Nautilus and the gripes of the Kronos owners are well documented. But the price point is better and, I think; Korg is anticipating good sales volume for the Nautilus. I would not think of anticipating a "Kronos replacement"; I think it is already here. Wink

Didn’t the Kronos have some improvements over the OASYS? Well the Nautilus is a step down from the Kronos; No aftertouch, no 9 sliders to control the organ.

But to answer the OP’s question, NO. Korg’s, Roland’s and Yamaha’s best days are behind them.
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any chance to see Korg Kronos successor? Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
ANAFREE wrote:
drama1 wrote:
ANAFREE wrote:
Come on, Korg!

As i know Nautilus is streamlined version of the Kronos
like Yamaha Montage and MODX....

Oasys is an exception because it was cost 7 or 8 thousand dollars while the difference between Kronos and Nautilus is not big... and Korg sold a lot of Kronos keyboards unlike what happened to OasysThe situation of the global economy is not the problem, Covid-19 started 3 years ago and Korg is asleep for more than a decade.
The situation of the world economy is not the problem, Corona started 3 years ago and Korg is asleep for more than a decade.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best we can hope for is a Nautilus 2, giving us more realtime controls and hopefully a different design.
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kronos synth keys are better than Nautilus' and it has the real time controllers that Nautilus lacks. I suspect Nautilus will be the new Krome and that there will be a next-gen flagship at some point, because it doesn't make sense to replace the Kronos with the exact same thing minus the corners, which were cut.

average_male

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on Korg. They always have put out great products. And I know it’s easy to get into the, “what have you done for me lately” mindset and start bashing their decisions as they don’t align with your desires. They have smart folks working at Korg and I’m sure some patients will be rewarded.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feeling is that Nautilus is to Kronos as MOX is to Motif.

I suspect that Korg has a secret new flagship in the pipeline to compete with Yamaha's Montage, but world events have exacerbated a delayed introduction.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but still, the PA5x also was launched despite all the mayhem happening.
I think it indicates as to what we can at least expect from Kronos 3. no?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
My feeling is that Nautilus is to Kronos as MOX is to Motif.

I suspect that Korg has a secret new flagship in the pipeline to compete with Yamaha's Montage, but world events have exacerbated a delayed introduction.

I wish Laughing
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackForest wrote:
...but still, the PA5x also was launched despite all the mayhem happening.
I think it indicates as to what we can at least expect from Kronos 3. no?

Korg japan justifies their failure by say "Covid-19 ....World economy... No chips" while the other companies release new products every month or year... for example GPU, CPU, and phones products
Instead of wasting time and Chips on an economic device, they could have made Kronos successor, There are no excuses.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The present generation of Korg Japan management has shown total failure concerning the Kronos or Kronos successor development over too many years, since they took over from their famous predecessors.

It seems they can't relate in any meaningful way to the company defining project of these predecessors. Those and their Oasys/Kronos project did multiple times more for a good company reputation, than anything, which the present managment has achieved so far.

Yamaha and Roland have actual synth/workstation flagships, and even Akai is trying to enter this market for their reputation. Korg has just a miserably crippled version of the decade old Kronos with the Nautilus, without remotely enough controllers to use the old Kronos power still in it. They have no actual flagship synth/workstation at all.

The lack of concept and vision from the actual management in this area has harmed Korg's reputation a lot. Even if they came back with something now or soon, they would still need years, to get back some the customer trust they lost, and of the flagship market position the Kronos still had some years ago. Chance wasted for nothing...
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
The present generation of Korg Japan management has shown total failure concerning the Kronos or Kronos successor development over too many years, since they took over from their famous predecessors.

It seems they can't relate in any meaningful way to the company defining project of these predecessors. Those and their Oasys/Kronos project did multiple times more for a good company reputation, than anything, which the present managment has achieved so far.

Yamaha and Roland have actual synth/workstation flagships, and even Akai is trying to enter this market for their reputation. Korg has just a miserably crippled version of the decade old Kronos with the Nautilus, without remotely enough controllers to use the old Kronos power still in it. They have no actual flagship synth/workstation at all.

The lack of concept and vision from the actual management in this area has harmed Korg's reputation a lot. Even if they came back with something now or soon, they would still need years, to get back some the customer trust they lost, and of the flagship market position the Kronos still had some years ago. Chance wasted for nothing...

Completely agree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: