Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trap 808 style bass on the Kronos can it be done?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject: Trap 808 style bass on the Kronos can it be done? Reply with quote

I think I asked this before some years ago. Do think anyone replied so some years later I'll ask again.

I know the Kronos is capable of many things but I've never heard anyone or know of anyone using it to design heavy 808 wobbling speaker pounding trap styled basses with it.

weather you like sound of them or not they add a new dimension to music and I like that. Normally I use 808 basses that have been sampled and through those into my mixes or use a bass I've made on my Moog but to get those deep sonics you need a pretty good synth with lots of options. Most people use software to create "Trap basses" as they have the most options to make good deep sub basses. Sometimes a standard synth can only take you but so far.

I noticed that the Kronos does have the MOD-7 which has the right wave forms to do a nice sub bass... I'm note sure about the AL-1 or the HD-1 engines. It seems to me like the Kronos should be more than capable to make some really amazing sub basses but I've never seen anyone use the Kronos for that. I'm wondering if it can even be done on the Kronos?

Any tips or suggestions?
TfmxLtFred

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

do you have any audio examples? I would be happy to help you.

See you soon
FM Fred
blazerunner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fred,

I'm looking to create stuff on the Kronos like F9's 808 kit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWjQRGUwVio

Just those deep heavy speaker thumping sub basses. Problem is most sub basses people use are multisamples in standard tuning. That's great until you need to play with non standard tuning. On a synth it's no problem to play with the oscillator frequencies to match your sub bass to a patch you made but if you're using something sampled based it's not going to work out very well. Cool [/url]
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between the AL-1, MS-20 and the MOD-7 engines, you should be able to do what you want with any of these, or perhaps some combination of them. You aren't limited to solely a single program. You can create a Combi and layer or route audio signals between EXis if a single program doesn't quite get you there with its built-in waveforms. And all of the EXis can be setup to play in any non-standard tuning.

It might be a bit more work than using a DAW, but I personally feel that the Kronos can do what you need. I'd be surprised if there isn't already a few wobbly 808-style basses out there in the wild or even in the default programs/combis.
TfmxLtFred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I prepared some sub bass programs for you.
I'll share them with you tomorrow night
You will tell me about the different examples that I have given you, which one is closest to what you are looking for.
see you soon

FM Fred
TfmxLtFred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I promise, I'm back and I've prepared some Sub Bass programs for the Kronos.

As we are still in Christmas period, it's free. !!!!

You have the PCG files as well as MP3 extracts of the sounds.

I hope I would have helped you.

A little info to all readers of this post:

I am currently making a very large bank of Electro/EDM/Synth/Electric Guitar sounds and much more for the KRONOS.

I spent a few weeks there and I was wondering if you were ready to pay my new bank.

I plan to do it by donation at the free choice of the buyer (starting price at $2 and more according to your convenience)

I have been on this Forum for some time and you will not miss Free sounds from me for our Kronos.

When do you think ?

Brief...

Below is the link to the MP3

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11aASPVaAx3HnwoFkw2mNK5Us3QnV3Zov?usp=sharing

And the links of the PCG files as well as the list of programs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xqYRx819hoapHWrzwgDvIwUxjyOdNEP-/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iGBnbWDh_ICFVmCLEQaOiZ2Bv-qxVu9H/view?usp=sharing

See you soon

FM FRED
average_male

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are awesome Fred. Thank you very much for sharing these!!! Great Christmas present : )
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woa! Thanks TfmxLtFred!

That's awesome of you.

Thanks for sharing your sounds and your talent with everyone here.

You know when I was browsing for some assistance and pointers on this I noticed other people over the years had asked the same question. I think people will be pretty happy to find this post and a starting point to awaken the Kronos sub bass.

Cool

Happy New Years to you too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: