Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with factory reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul C. Quillman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:24 am    Post subject: Help with factory reset Reply with quote

I just acquired a Trinity Pro X. As is my habit with any device that I buy used and ama able to, I do a factory reset. Except in this case, I discovered after the fact that I need a couple of floppy discs to restore the factory samples/settings.

I have downloaded the files from Korg, but I do not have a computer with a floppy drive to make the discs. Is it possible to use some SYSEX software to import those files via MIDI? I have never used any SYSEX software before, so the simpler the better. I am sure that is is something I can easily learn, just need some help getting started.

Current gear I am working with:
15' Surface Book 3, I7, 130 GHz, 32GB RAM, windows 11 64bit
PreSonus Studio 24C interface and of course a Trinity Pro X v 2.2.0

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Richiebonds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject: Factory Sounds Reset Reply with quote

Visit reverb.com or keyboardkountry.com, they sell Korg factory preload floppy disk sets for the Trinity. But from what I've seen, they only load banks A and B on the Program sounds, and only A, B, and M on the Combination sounds. Banks C and D have no sounds in them after loading from these disks. I have been trying to find out how I can re-load to the factory original sounds in these banks ever since the in-board battery died in my Trinity V3, leaving me with no sounds at all. I have the original factory disks, but after loading them, I can't seem to load the above mentioned banks with the original factory sounds! So, you might exercise some caution before you overwrite the sounds on your board with the factory presets, or you might wind up with the same problem that I have run into. Hopefully I can get some help here on this forum.... Good luck, and enjoy your Trinity, it is such a great board! -R
nickle15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be too late to help but I made a video that walks through restoring factory patches using sysex. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/PD75Fmrdl78
debragraceperi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickle15 wrote:
I might be too late to help but I made a video that walks through restoring factory patches using sysex. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/PD75Fmrdl78

Hello,

Where can the sysex files for a korg trinity factory settings be found? I've looked and looked and can only find the floppy disk files.

Thanks!
samriccijr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul, Debra and Everyone!

Here are the sysex files
Program A B
Combi AB
Prophecy Solo S 64 128
Drumkits 0-11
and Global
Set your Trinity to global channel 1.

Use MidiOx PC or Sysex Librarian Mac.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tkzm86dk08imwl/Trinity%20SYX.zip?dl=0

I had the Solo version, not the Moss version.
Maybe a board member can dump their moss banks for us.

Sysex dumps are a good synth habit. Floppy drives will fail. Floppy disks attract magnets. I find myself recycling 10-20 year old floppy disks to backup my Karma, so a sysex dump is a little bit safer LOL!

Admin: It is ok to move these to the Trinity Downloads section.

Best, Sam in NJ USA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: