Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unwanted high frequency ringing PIANO - SOLVED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Unwanted high frequency ringing PIANO - SOLVED Reply with quote

The problem exists only in combi mode. I’m using the Berlin Dark Grand (Int A-2) program, I’ve tried other piano programs too. I have selected copy from program to channel 1 with effects, I’ve also have tried copy from program WITHOUT effects, it makes no difference. I have selected minus 12 in the pitch tab. This seems to be when I start to hear a high pitch ringing whilst playing after all keyes have been released. The ringing will eventually stop after about 5 seconds. I would compare the ringing sound to someone strumming a pick against the high strings of the piano. The pitch drop seems to be the issue. I only hear the ringing while playing in the KBs center range.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Last edited by Falcon2e on Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my Kronos set up right now, but I think you are hearing the "string resonance" feature of the SGX piano patches. It is part of the program, not an effect. I think there is a "Una Corda / String Resonance" page for SGX programs where you can adjust the level or turn it off entirely.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
I don't have my Kronos set up right now, but I think you are hearing the "string resonance" feature of the SGX piano patches. It is part of the program, not an effect. I think there is a "Una Corda / String Resonance" page for SGX programs where you can adjust the level or turn it off entirely.

I agree, it does sound like that. I have all the “boxes” unchecked in the options section, but I’ll definitely try the Una corda program and see if if the ringing is still there. What’s strange is when in program mode it sounds fine. Thanks
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps in Combi mode a controller is mapped such that it is cranking up the level of that string resonance parameter higher than it is at the Program level.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
Perhaps in Combi mode a controller is mapped such that it is cranking up the level of that string resonance parameter higher than it is at the Program level.

I’ll trying looking into that too. I tried starting fresh after initializing the combi, but I still hear the ringing sound. I appreciate your thoughts and if I figure out the issue I’ll report the fix.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look in the Parameter Guide, page 402 - there's another "tick" for the string resonance on a page in the menu. Maybe you've overlooked this one?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem has been fixed, but I really don’t understand why. I decided to start fresh AGAIN and rebuild the comi, it’s a simple one using a grand piano program and a string program. This time I found a new unused slot and created the combi there. Everything sounds fine now.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: