Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To buy or not
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Asena, my friend

This is so sad and so true.
Frustrating and unbelievable.

I am trying hard to remain a dedicated Korgie and go for the PA5x but this is the worst arranger from Korg in over 20 years.
In concept and on paper, it's brilliant but in reality it is far from it until it works!!!

I feel so frustrated for the Korg team in Italy whom I know are no longer in control of this.

What a huge shame....

Meanwhile it seems the "rest of Korg" is moving on nicely Confused Confused

I need to totally switch off from Korg arrangers until they produce a new one which is complete.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
the_boss81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What hardware problems? Do you think the future units will be able to get more than just software updates?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no hardware issues in Pa5X , hardware problem would mean the whole retire and return of all units !
USB Audio & Bluetooth require hardware assets and will never be added , not that it matters at all for me !
At current time we need the OS completion of Styles engine and addressing of all bugs and missing features there.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening post asks "To buy or not". Some great honest replies here and the final verdict is NO NO NO NO. A big fat resounding NO. Do not buy. Wait for 12 months, February 2024, then test the water.

Good now that we are all being honest and constructive and seem to be sorting things out a little.

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
There are no hardware issues in Pa5X , hardware problem would mean the whole retire and return of all units !
USB Audio & Bluetooth require hardware assets and will never be added , not that it matters at all for me !
At current time we need the OS completion of Styles engine and addressing of all bugs and missing features there.

Here is Some examples

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NgelxyjGAtA

https://www.facebook.com/100001921152696/videos/pcb.5737826269604089/1664415330683903

https://www.facebook.com/100001921152696/videos/pcb.5737826269604089/525431423015079

https://www.facebook.com/betim.osmani1/videos/1346728352770430?idorvanity=4938375032882554

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5874382662608437&set=pcb.5726918940694822

In short terms, YES there is some stuff to be fixed, Not only OS!

I like the KB, but as for now, TO MUCH PROBLEMS!

Lets hope for an early update than 2024 that fixes all, because there is some other brand waiting on the corner.
IF KORG cres about that, they must fix all issues NOW not 2024.

AND YES there will be Bluetooth, Wink
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MR7kGCRX3jE

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With updated region style centric models of the EK50 in the U & CSA versions that have just being released it shows to me where Korg is putting their technical efforts.
BillTracy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand that new PA5x owners are frustrated, I would be too. But Let's look at Korg's record. They produced a very fine and stable keyboard-the PA4x. That keyboard presumably had glitches at first but everything was ironed out. Korg released version 3 of the operating system quite a while after the launch of the product. That OS virtually remade the unit with new features and resources.

So, going by past history, Korg will fix the problems. Additionally, I expect new content and features such as additional uses for the matrix. Give them some time before you write Korg and the 5x off. That said, some may prefer to wait for an update that fixes bugs before purchasing.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillTracy wrote:
They produced a very fine and stable keyboard-the PA4x. That keyboard presumably had glitches at first but everything was ironed out. Korg released version 3 of the operating system quite a while after the launch of the product. That OS virtually remade the unit with new features and resources.

Entirely different to PA5x - I bought PA4x at the beginning (sight unseen) and had absolutely no problems continuing with my band and projects (moving from my PA3x)
The PA5x is seriously broken. I could not use it (or trust it). I base this on my 1 hour playing it (when it crashed out twice) and from the hundreds of reports on these forums.

PA4x today is a different keyboard to the original PA4x - fabulous upgrades etc... BUT, for me, it always worked.... has never let me down.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Asena"]
AntonySharmman wrote:

Hi Asena,
Unfortunately your links don’t work unless you’re a member of the groups.
I can tap my screen like that guys doing, and nothing happens. He unfortunately may just have a faulty screen. I had 2 screens fail on my pa800.
Only time mine has crashed was when I tried importing a style I’d been editing back into a factory style. I was changing something it couldn’t cope with.
I couldn’t put myself through the grief you’re going through with this keyboard, it would have been long gone, and I would have replaced it with something else or been content with what I already had. Nothing is worth it. Life’s too short.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
GXG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a Pa4X owner, don't even think of changing gear at this moment, unless you want to became a part of a vast group of unhappy users. There is a chance you don't encounter problems, if you use your keyboard for very basic stuff. But then, I don't see the point for an upgrade.
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes GXG, hundreds of posts here are saying exactly that and increasing by the day. Comparing the introduction of the Pa5X to that of the Pa4X is like comparing a Rolls Royce car to that of a pair of roller skates. It`s a joke.

What is not a joke are the people that have bought Pa5X, we have to feel sorry for them and be a bit positive. Being positive and finally accepting that Pa5X is a lame duck is a bit of a juggling act at the moment. Ok they should not have bought the 5X but we can`t turn the clock back for them. They have what they have. And after all they are playing and reporting their findings/faults back here. So thanks to them for that.

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
GXG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am am one of the Pa5X users, a former Pa3X user. Pa5X has such Os errors that bring me to the limit of not being able to perform. It's not because of the missing features, but the existing ones, the ones I red in User Manual prior buying the keyboard. It's not ok to pay 4500 euro in exchange for a nightmare. It isn't fair. Korg Pa it's a complex instrument, there are several ways of using it. For many, it works perfectly, for my style of using it's a disaster. And what I hate the most is that my action of buying is not at all a good feedback for Korg. As long as we keep buying unfinished products, we are to be blamed along with the sellers.
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GXG wrote:
If you are a Pa4X owner, don't even think of changing gear at this moment, unless you want to became a part of a vast group of unhappy users. There is a chance you don't encounter problems, if you use your keyboard for very basic stuff. But then, I don't see the point for an upgrade.

Applause Applause Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: