Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaving Korg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, a reminder, did Korg ever finished the PA series 100%
That’s the most important question?
If not, why!
Does everything working 100% in Pa models as 3X 4X 800 900 1000 700 700 Red 700 Blue purple orange turquoise or whatever?
No

Instead of building a working unit they come out with colored ones.

Why?

And yes the PA-4 X is the best working one for the moment.
Do not blame it on china or Japan or whatever.
If other companies can doIt Korg can do it too.

What I’m against it, most of people including You Sharp says it’s a totally new modelNew os etc.
Then why involve the name PA in it?
Why not call it like SA-5X (Stage arranger) as it’s made for live performances etc?

If they call it Pa5 than my brain says it’s anew Pa model with everything from
It’s competitors 3,4 etc and yes I’m automatically thinking this is better more ramMore sounds more edit more of everything.
That’s why I bought it, I’m sure most of the People did It in the same way as I did.
So it has a new OS and a new model, that supports anything from Pa models,

I’m sorry but wrong way to introduce a new model.
Finish it, make a new one
From Scratch.
As it is now, we suffer, yes home
Musicians are happy anyway,
But paying this amount of money to
Rebuild Korg is like Sending Money for charity.
NOT OK ✅

I WILL keep it some More time, and try to help korg to solve things,
If they don’t I’m done and will move to what I think Is better for my needs,
I will Not complaining about it.
I feel sorry for everyone who has been through this like I did.
5K is not a little bit of money from my pocket to KORG,s unfinished KB.
My Pc can do It more as it is now and it cost me 900 euros.

Take care all
I will dream about a Korg 5 X update now 🫣😇
Bluetooth, Red Tooth White Tooth, 1, 9 m Colors on 55 Inch touch screen and everything else, Shhh Im dreaming, do not wake me up.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5

Last edited by Asena on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

A little dismissive and patronising of you sharp.

In what way.

Quote:
I have to say I seem to recognise this monologue from somewhere else.. first hand...

Humm...interesting

Ooohh a conspiracy. Lets hear it. I’m a secret mole?
Come on man, every single person here knows I’ve owned this forum for 20 years. If you think I have some secret agenda to help KORG sell keyboards, then you really have no clue as to why this forum even exists, or how I feed my family.

All I’m trying to offer here to you in this thread is some level of sense in all this Pa5X I’m “leaving KORG” nonsense. The Pa5X is a fantastic instrument in it's own right, and everything I’ve said in my previous post stands as far as this being pretty much a new product line due to a complete OS rewrite.

I personally never buy any keyboard without doing research on what it has to offer.

With respect... as always.
Sharp.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp, You are the reason why KORG is a Beloved Brand, And YES we are here thanx tou you,
We love this place, and this place is some how KORG,s best place to LEARN things.

Not only the users of korg, Even KORG Must learn to LISTEN!

You are some one i really respect, I think we all do.

So My Respect to you, and to this wonderfull Community .

Take Care of you all

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
BillTracy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a guy that managed to play for an hour and a half without any apparent problems. And a great job if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQaJklT5bUQ
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

What I’m against it, most of people including You Sharp says it’s a totally new modelNew os etc.
Then why involve the name PA in it?
Why not call it like SA-5X (Stage arranger) as it’s made for live performances etc?

I agree with you 100%.
This is EXACTLY why I said because they labelled the keyboard Pa5X many of you instantly ***assumed*** it would have all the features of the Pa4X plus all new ones.

Anyone who made that assumption made a mistake. Sorry to say that. Please understand I'm not rubbing this in anyone face either.

I feel that KORG also messed up. They shouldn't have called this the Pa5X because if you are going to start fresh and rewrite the entire OS, then do it right and launch a new product line.

However, here we are. s**t happens.

The Pa5X is still a fantastic instrument. Regardless of it’s name, it is a new product line, and I look forward to seeing how KORG grows this product over the years to come. Like they do with every keyboard they release and support with new features and OS updates.

Kind regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Sharp, You are the reason why KORG is a Beloved Brand, And YES we are here thanx tou you,
We love this place, and this place is some how KORG,s best place to LEARN things.

Not only the users of korg, Even KORG Must learn to LISTEN!

You are some one i really respect, I think we all do.

So My Respect to you, and to this wonderfull Community .

Take Care of you all

The reason why this forum exists and continues to exist after 20 years is because of us, the end users. I don’t like to see us arguing over a Keyboard regardless of what mistakes have happened through assumptions, lack of information, or wrong product naming.

Lets just try help each other by sharing this knowledge of the Pa5X for all it’s good and bad points.

The Pa5X maybe not a Pa4X replacement for all the Pa4X users right now, but it maybe the perfect instrument for many others. Lets just support each other on that journey and see where this goes over time as KORG evolve this keyboard through the same dedication they have always shown to support all the products they have ever made.

Kind regards
Sharp.
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, love to know what all these soon to be ex Korg users are actually planning to buy? Since a lot of the complaints appear to be about style creation sampling, songbook ?
What are the options?
I have a number of friends who love the Yamaha range , non of them sample , non of them create styles ( a bit of tweaking)., most don’t perform.
So
5 year old Genos.
No sampler. Loads samples via YEM system
A style system that records 1 cv per variation and fill. 2 per intro/ending
Doesn’t recognise controller 65 ( sustain) in style tracks. Try recording a realistic piano track without a sustain pedal.
Can’t event list edit “factory “styles except for drum/ percussion tracks. Only way to do it is to Unlock thru a 3rd party app supplied by a very dedicated Yamaha user. It doesn’t unlock every single style.
Other option import into a daw for editing as.mid file. Unfortunately doesn’t work like korg. 3rd party piece of software required again.
Lucky for Yamaha , there are some very dedicated users who create these apps, Yamaha doesn’t supply any apps in regards to editing the styles.
So for anybody who has a passion for creating/editing styles get hold of a manual and read it.
And there’s additional manuals on the Yem system if one wants to use samples.

Other option Ketron Event. Managed to download a 200 page manual on it it last night. Sure hope this isn’t all there is to it and that there’s a second manual that goes into more detail as with the Korg manuals.

Audio loop styles, well and good , what if none of the loops suit the style you’re trying to create. You have midi styles. In this particular manual I couldn’t find anything about it having an event list editor ( hope I’m wrong) couldn’t find anything on being able to import /export as .mid file. Shades of the limited editing I had back in my SD1.

Only mentioned editing samples , not actually sampling?

It’s version of a song book mentioned midi files ,audio files, not sure about styles.

Anyway, hope this is just a light version of the manual and that there’s another one that goes into more detail on the way.

Not that I would personally buy a Ketron in preference to my Korg, but a module version had been mentioned in the future, that might have been of interest.

That’s the only top of the line keyboards that I’m aware of , Roland only has mid level.

Love to know what other top of the line mainstream arranger keyboards are available?

Ok to knock PA5x for the features that aren’t working correctly like songbook, and there’s some issues with copying style tracks ( nothing that can’t be fixed manually), intro 1 is a darn nuisance. The current bugs are annoying. I found fixes for everything I want to do.

I wouldn’t buy a keyboard without having access to a manual first. Knew what functions I was getting. Only ones that were important to me was being able to copy style tracks and pads and to import/export styles as.mids. Anything else I get in the way of onboard editing will be a bonus.

This place has gotten toxic, no wonder people are talking about selling. All you hear day in day , what a piece of “ cr..p” this keyboard is. Members being bullied because they dare say they’re reasonably happy with their keyboard. Some poor retailer bullied because he dare mention that the PA5x is going to be brilliant in the future, like it’s his fault. Only pointing out that supplies are finally filtering through. Anybody buying one I would imagine would be fully aware of the issues , it’s on the net , it’s on utube, what’s he supposed to do
“ oh sorry, you’ll have to buy elsewhere, it’s got some bugs”. Get real, the guy is selling them because people want them, bugs and all.

Haven’t been around for about 3 to 4 years after selling my Pa4x my timing was off, thought a new keyboard was due anytime soon, signs were there, eBay was flooded with them, price was dropping. I was WRONG. Certainly didn’t count on Covid . I love my sx900 , great little keyboard , but I certainly wouldn’t have sold my Pa4x had I known it would be 3 to 4 years before I could another Korg. Love my PA5x bugs and all

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
So for what it’s worth, treat it right now as a new keyboard. Buy it for what it offers, or don’t at all. Maybe even just wait and see as time progresses and the product evolves.

That's how I feel.
I have had no serious problems with any of my Korg keyboards (Kronos,i3,i30,PA1,PA2,PA3,PA4) - great track record - agree 100%.

I decided NOT to jump in (like I have done with previous models) as soon as these serious problems were being reported.
I had almost ordered one - it was delivered to my retailer but I had told them I wanted some hands-on time before committing.
I had a single session on it for a full hour and it crashed twice - I hadn't even moved from STYLE PLAY mode.....
In its current state, with some of its fully specified significant features that are not there or not working, I could not use it.
I cannot afford to buy an expensive ($7,500) half-working product based on vague promises from the manufacturer.

Korg are fortunate to have the best most professional arranger series on the market - perhaps a monopoly right now - for me, buying a Ketron EVENT would be a bigger risk and Yamaha haven't reached the "professional arranger" level yet....
....so the ".....wait and see....." advice is the best for me....

I still strongly believe that Korg are most remiss in the absence of communication over the PA5x. They would gain a lot of "brownie points" from simple customer (& dealer) communication.
Seems like all their other products with updates and information are flying ahead.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just wanted to make a few comments regarding the PA5X.

As I have said several times on these Forums, I, just like Pete (Karmathanever) always like to wait a while before purchasing a new Arranger to allow the O/S to be updated several times and until things are running relatively smoothly. More importantly, I tend to wait until the price stabilises a little (which is normally when all the people who want one have actually made their purchase). It's when all the Dealers have available stock I will consider a purchase. My days of getting excited over an Arranger keyboard are long gone. Anyway, I have a Nautilus 88 keeping me occupied that I'm really enjoying.

I'm not unduly worried about the Operating System issues as these will eventually get sorted. I'm only a home player (and a poor one at that) who rarely delves too deeply into the menus so I'm sure I would not come up against too many hurdles even on the current O/S. Any owners who are current having really difficult times with their PA5X's have my sympathy and I hope software is released soon to help you all.

I would love to buy the PA5X, but as a Pensioner I find the price excessive. Is a 61 note keyboard actually worth £3,700 U.K. ? That's nearly double what I paid for my Nautilus 88. To me it just doesn't make sense.
Chris
Bromalex-vic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:

This place has gotten toxic, no wonder people are talking about selling. All you hear day in day , what a piece of “ cr..p” this keyboard is. Members being bullied because they dare say they’re reasonably happy with their keyboard.

Thank you Rikki and Sharp
Your words did resonate with me.
I will buy my Pa5X when it's available around here.
Hopefully by then some of these bugs will be fixed. But of course I'm sorry for those who depend on this keyboard for a living and/or need some features still not present!
Still, it is odd when some of the most "vocal" opponents against this keyboard do not own one!
Cheers
the_boss81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, many of you just complain, whine and criticise. I wonder if there are also such instigators on other manufacturers' forums ... Sad I understand that something doesn't suit you, but you write non-stop about the same thing - you could check before buying if there is kaoss, midi to style conversion function and the possibility to import all the quirks of the world (because for sure to Genos and Event you can import everything) Very Happy
Then don't scare just buy Genos and/or Eventa. I too switched to a Ketron a few years ago and after literally two days I was back to Korg. At least now I appreciate the Korg, I also see its weaker points, but I accept them, because as a whole for me it is a much more interesting choice than the competition. Audiotracks seemingly play great, but they get boring quickly.... and the sound module... well, nowadays even traditional instruments sound better in Korg, let alone electro... kind regards Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_boss81 wrote:
I understand that something doesn't suit you, but you write non-stop about the same thing - you could check before buying if there is kaoss, midi to style conversion function and the possibility to import all the quirks of the world

It's not about something "not suiting you" or "check before buying" - the product simply does not perform according to its specifications - it's too late once you've bought it unless you give it many hours of in-store testing. Several of the real problems are serious. No previous Korg arranger product has been as bad as this. I DID read the manual before preparing to order mine. The PA5x does not match its manual!! I'm grateful for this forum else I would have an unusable arranger right now. Of course there'll be bugs but the seriousness of some of the problems indicates severely insufficient quality and user acceptance testing by Korg.

I guess if one has plenty of money and happy to put up with a substandard incomplete product then all is fine.

So why do I whine on about this? Well:-
1. I SERIOUSLY WANT A PA5X-76
2. I AM CONCERNED AND FRUSTRATED FOR ALL MY FORUM FRIENDS WHO ARE SUFFERING WITH THEIR PA5Xs
3. I AM HOPING THAT KORG STEP OUT OF THIS HOLE THEY HAVE DUG AND GET IN TOUCH - CUSTOMER COMFORT AT LEAST WOULD GO A LONG WAY!!
4. I AM UPSET THAT I HAVE LOST MY KORG CONFIDENCE (AND LOYALTY temporarily) - I NEED THAT TO BE REBUILT - STILL WAITING.....
Bromalex-vic wrote:
Still, it is odd when some of the most "vocal" opponents against this keyboard do not own one!

I don't think any are "against" it - they just want it to work - I don't own it but came very very close - I fully studied the manual - all great to me but the product ain't ready and a few of its incomplete features would leave me without a usable arranger for my band and music projects - I would have discovered that AFTER buying it like several others....

Apologies if all this upsets anyone but for me, just saying the way it actually is...

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
the_boss81 wrote:
I understand that something doesn't suit you, but you write non-stop about the same thing - you could check before buying if there is kaoss, midi to style conversion function and the possibility to import all the quirks of the world

It's not about something "not suiting you" or "check before buying" - the product simply does not perform according to its specifications - it's too late once you've bought it unless you give it many hours of in-store testing. Several of the real problems are serious. No previous Korg arranger product has been as bad as this. I DID read the manual before preparing to order mine. The PA5x does not match its manual!! I'm grateful for this forum else I would have an unusable arranger right now. Of course there'll be bugs but the seriousness of some of the problems indicates severely insufficient quality and user acceptance testing by Korg.

I guess if one has plenty of money and happy to put up with a substandard incomplete product then all is fine.

So why do I whine on about this? Well:-
1. I SERIOUSLY WANT A PA5X-76
2. I AM CONCERNED AND FRUSTRATED FOR ALL MY FORUM FRIENDS WHO ARE SUFFERING WITH THEIR PA5Xs
3. I AM HOPING THAT KORG STEP OUT OF THIS HOLE THEY HAVE DUG AND GET IN TOUCH - CUSTOMER COMFORT AT LEAST WOULD GO A LONG WAY!!
4. I AM UPSET THAT I HAVE LOST MY KORG CONFIDENCE (AND LOYALTY temporarily) - I NEED THAT TO BE REBUILT - STILL WAITING.....
Bromalex-vic wrote:

I don't think any are "against" it - they just want it to work - I don't own it but came very very close - I fully studied the manual - all great to me but the product ain't ready and a few of its incomplete features would leave me without a usable arranger for my band and music projects - I would have discovered that AFTER buying it like several others....

Apologies if all this upsets anyone but for me, just saying the way it actually is...

Very Happy

Absolutely... Wholeheartedly i agree Smile

Last edited by D575 on Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
the_boss81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought one yet, so maybe I shouldn't comment, but it is a fact that many, the vast majority of users speak very positively about Pa5, that it is the best arranger etc. Are they lying or are they simply not using the features that still need to be improved in the system???
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_boss81 wrote:
I haven't bought one yet, so maybe I shouldn't comment, but it is a fact that many, the vast majority of users speak very positively about Pa5, that it is the best arranger etc. Are they lying or are they simply not using the features that still need to be improved in the system???

Hi, if you don’t need to buy a keyboard yet, I would wait till after next update.

I wanted another Korg , the issues have not really affected me as I don’t perform .

The issues that affect some others with songbook, don’t affect me. I managed to come up with a solution that works for me and I am putting styles into my songbook and using it.

I don’t currently use the sampler , so don’t know what issues may exist with it.

I do edit some styles. There are some issues with import/export factory styles, I’m just careful what I change now. Had a couple of crashes when I tried to edit Intro 1.
The copy style tracks function has issues but I still use it.

I haven’t had any crashes while just playing.

There is a list of problems at the top of the forum page.

I have the time for Korg to fix things

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: