Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scanning through a wavesequence using the modwheel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Scanning through a wavesequence using the modwheel. Reply with quote

Hi everyone Smile

Long time Korg user, used to frequent this forum all the way back to the IrishActs hosting days and... here I am again, good to see familiar faces still around! ^^

I got a question regarding the Wavestate:

When setting up a wavesequence from scratch in the Wavestation models, I could place single cycle waveforms with Xfades between them and use the Modwheel as a mod source for the timing of the wavesequence, effectively using those crossfaded waveforms as a wavetable of sorts. I installed Wavestate Native to have a play before I buy the hardware and I'm kinda lost not able to do something that simple 😅

Is the same thing possible with the Wavestate? Being able to do this, combined with ability to use my own samples is a major reason for me to go buy one!

Here's a link to a video of a quick example I just sketched in iWavestation to show what I mean, using Sine, Triangle, Square and Sawtooth waveforms. Link is from the fb group where I also asked the question there but then I remembered about this forum, hence the (re)'post! ^^

https://www.facebook.com/100001980256949/videos/3570332669867782/
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a quick Performance I made over a month ago and then promptly forgot about...It uses the modwheel to advance the sample step lane. Also, try messing with the layer timing mod knob to adjust the step length.

MW Steppa Performance
tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.

I only got the demo version of Wavestate Native so won't let me load performances :S If the functionality I was after was possible then I'd buy both the hardware and the plugin version in a heartbeat! Smile

I've made patches before where the sample step lane advances to controller values , however, I couldn't create something that just used crossfades between the different samples without playing new notes on the change. What I'm essentially after is the ability to 'morph' between those steps, like we were able to do in the original Wavestation. Imagine the result being similar to how we can crossfade between A B C D Layers using the vectorstick but with more than 4 sounds (and I suppose only between two sounds at a time, vs all 4 possible at the centre position of the vectorstick..) Does your performance somehow manage that?
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, sounds like you wanna scan through the individual audio sample's data using CCs instead of being stuck with the sample playing from start to end. Maybe the Modwave is what you're after.

The WS lets you modulate step length, Xfade length and step selection so you might be able to fake it with multiple layers and custom samples prepared with this in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: