Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa700 Save midi song on USB, into keyboard.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiona_Brown

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject: Pa700 Save midi song on USB, into keyboard. Reply with quote

I can play a multitrack midi file perfectly from USB stick, but I can't figure out how to save it as a SONG inside the Pa700.

I've found information about saving as a STYLE, but I don't want a style, I want the whole song. I've looked in all the 'media' options, and I've tried the pull-down menus but I just can't find anyway to save a midi song on USB into the keyboard.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Fiona
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa700 Save midi song on USB, into keyboard. Reply with quote

Fiona_Brown wrote:
.... I've looked in all the 'media' options, and I've tried the pull-down menus but I just can't find anyway to save a midi song on USB into the keyboard

Hello Fiona,
you can copy (or delete) files and folders in media menu,
you can copy the content of the generic folder you are in and
you can copy inside the same device, or from a device to a different one (both devices must be connected to Pa700 during the copy operation).
To preserve data structure integrity, during Copy operations you can’t open
SET folders and copy only one of the files it contains. You can only open and
get inside generic folders.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa700 Save midi song on USB, into keyboard. Reply with quote

Fiona_Brown wrote:
I can play a multitrack midi file perfectly from USB stick, but I can't figure out how to save it as a SONG inside the Pa700....

Hi Fiona,
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have Pa700 but I do this in Pa4X, in Sequencer mode.
It should be the same in Pa700 (see below screen shot).

Hope that helps.

Save-Midi-Song
Fiona_Brown

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 1:50 am    Post subject: Thank you so Much Reply with quote

Thank you to BR and Siebenhirter,

The main thing that was not obvious to me is that you CAN'T do ANY kind of saving of a midi song while in STYLE PLAY or SONG PLAY mode.

To save a midi song you MUST be in SEQUENCER mode.

The Manual talks about saving in Sequencer mode (Thanks BR), but it doesn't say you Can't save if you are in Style or Song

Very simple now of course, but a complete brick wall if you're stuck.

Thanks again to both of you.
Best regards,
Fiona
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you so Much Reply with quote

Fiona_Brown wrote:
.. was not obvious to me is that you CAN'T do ANY kind of saving of a midi song while in STYLE PLAY or SONG PLAY mode ...

In songplay mode only markers can be saved with a song, but modified playback parameters cannot be saved in this mode.

Fiona_Brown wrote:
... I can play a multitrack midi file perfectly from USB stick, but I can't figure out how to save it as a SONG inside the Pa700 ...

When it comes to transfer an existing midi file (SMF) from one device (USB stick) to the internal KORG DISK of the Pa700, this works with the copy command in media mode (copy from ... to internal device KORG DISK).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: