Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please kindly help me(buying nautilus)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject: Please kindly help me(buying nautilus) Reply with quote

Hi to everyone 😊👋

I have pa5x 76 . Unfortunately I sold my kronos2 1 year ago . now I want to buy

Nautilus 73. I noticed some users have cut off sound problems in this new workstation

Please let me know is this problem in all nautiluses or some of them ?( Common or rare issue)

And is there any solution for this issue ?

Please kindly guide me 🤓🐞

Best regards
Mehran 🤘
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the 88 note Nautilus and I have never had a problem with 'cut off sounds'.
Maybe I'm just lucky.
Chris
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
I have the 88 note Nautilus and I have never had a problem with 'cut off sounds'.
Maybe I'm just lucky.
Chris

Hi thank you very much for answer

Is this problem rare or common ? I'm afraid this happen for me 😭

And do you satisfy with your nautilus ? I think the nautilus sound quality is better than kronos right ?

Best regards 😄
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few of the entire production had this problem, which was mostly solved.
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
Just a few of the entire production had this problem, which was mostly solved.

Hi

Thank you very much for answer 😀

In my country Kronos became very rare and I can't find it anywhere to buy 😭

However my friends told me don't buy nautilus because it's like korg krome do you confirm this ?

Best regards
Mehran
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mehran,

I think that is a strange thing for your friends to say. I do not know what the Krome sounds like but various reviews say that the Nautilus sounds like the Kronos except that a lot of sounds have been added and improved so potentially the Nautilus could sound better than the Kronos.

Just to avoid issues with Kronos owners, I am NOT saying the Nautilus is better than the Kronos. It most definitely is not better, because of the lack of buttons and sliders and aftertouch. That said, Nautilus is the first workstation I have ever had and I think it's a great instrument.

Chris
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi Mehran,

I think that is a strange thing for your friends to say. I do not know what the Krome sounds like but various reviews say that the Nautilus sounds like the Kronos except that a lot of sounds have been added and improved so potentially the Nautilus could sound better than the Kronos.

Just to avoid issues with Kronos owners, I am NOT saying the Nautilus is better than the Kronos. It most definitely is not better, because of the lack of buttons and sliders and aftertouch. That said, Nautilus is the first workstation I have ever had and I think it's a great instrument.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thank you for answer 👋🌹
mate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mehran,
What is the main reason why you want a Korg Nautilus in addition to the Korg Pa5x?
Have you been satisfied with the Korg Pa5x?
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate wrote:
Hi Mehran,
What is the main reason why you want a Korg Nautilus in addition to the Korg Pa5x?
Have you been satisfied with the Korg Pa5x?

Hi mate

I love pa5x . Specially the preAmp quality of pa5x is so clear and powerful in stage and wedding ceremonies 😄

But workstation sounds quality is so ahead of arrangers . For example Kronos German Piano sgx2 is so beautiful . I heard nautilus even have more pianos than kronos .

As an arranger Pa5x is good for me because my job is playing in weddings .but if I add nautilus as secondary keyboard for solo playing and use arranger just for style playing (autocompelement) that's a perfect idea 💡

Best regards
Mehran 🤘
mate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned two Korg Nautilus-88 and both had the problem with 'cut off sounds' . In the second, much less often.

I don't know if that can be fixed with a software update?
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate wrote:
I've owned two Korg Nautilus-88 and both had the problem with 'cut off sounds' . In the second, much less often.

I don't know if that can be fixed with a software update?

Oh my god 😭
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a Nautilus but if indeed this sound cutoff is caused by the SSD, I see three probable causes, after watching a recent video from a Nautilus owner.

1- The brand for the stock SSD installed by Korg is Buffalo, far from having optimal specs.

2- In the same video, we see that the tiny SSD is hiding under the MB with very little space for ventilation. Compared to their 2,5'' counterparts (such as in the Kronos), those tiny SSD get hot much faster and more easily. And of course, the hotter they run, the slower they perform as their heat protection kicks in.

3- When too full, the performance of a SSD can easily decrease. According to certain comments from Nautilus users, there is little space left on the SSD just with the stock libraries installed.

A simple solution would be to upgrade the stock SSD with a larger one of better quality and if necessary to connect it elsewhere in the unit using a little SATA extension/cable to get better ventilation.

So to summarize, if indeed this sound cutoff is caused by the SSD, why did Korg decide to use this particular model and place it in such a cramped space without adequate ventilation... Of course, this is only speculation. But it would be interesting to hear more details from Nautilus owners. Does the sound cutting off problem happen after a while or right away after bootup, etc.
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
I don't own a Nautilus but if indeed this sound cutoff is caused by the SSD, I see three probable causes, after watching a recent video from a Nautilus owner.

1- The brand for the stock SSD installed by Korg is Buffalo, far from having optimal specs.

2- In the same video, we see that the tiny SSD is hiding under the MB with very little space for ventilation. Compared to their 2,5'' counterparts (such as in the Kronos), those tiny SSD get hot much faster and more easily. And of course, the hotter they run, the slower they perform as their heat protection kicks in.

3- When too full, the performance of a SSD can easily decrease. According to certain comments from Nautilus users, there is little space left on the SSD just with the stock libraries installed.

A simple solution would be to upgrade the stock SSD with a larger one of better quality and if necessary to connect it elsewhere in the unit using a little SATA extension/cable to get better ventilation.

So to summarize, if indeed this sound cutoff is caused by the SSD, why did Korg decide to use this particular model and place it in such a cramped space without adequate ventilation... Of course, this is only speculation. But it would be interesting to hear more details from Nautilus owners. Does the sound cutting off problem happen after a while or right away after bootup, etc.

Hi

Thank you for explanations

Helped me a lot 😃
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehranPa5x76 wrote:
Hi

Helped me a lot 😃

To give you an example outside of the Korg stuff about tiny SSDs, in my small form factor PC, the SSD gave up after less than a year because of improper ventilation and it had about 10 times the breathing space compared to the Nautilus design. It was also of ordinary quality, but a better brand than the one in the Nautilus.

In short, since SSDs are critical components, regardless if it is in a computer or Korg keyboard, it is never a good idea to compromise on quality, size and adequate ventilation. In my Kronos, even though I never had a problem with it, once the Korg warranty was over I upgraded the stock SSD for a much better and larger Samsung EVO. Zero problems and still lots of space.
MehranPa5x76

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
MehranPa5x76 wrote:
Hi

Helped me a lot 😃

To give you an example outside of the Korg stuff about tiny SSDs, in my small form factor PC, the SSD gave up after less than a year because of improper ventilation and it had about 10 times the breathing space compared to the Nautilus design. It was also of ordinary quality, but a better brand than the one in the Nautilus.

In short, since SSDs are critical components, regardless if it is in a computer or Korg keyboard, it is never a good idea to compromise on quality, size and adequate ventilation. In my Kronos, even though I never had a problem with it, once the Korg warranty was over I upgraded the stock SSD for a much better and larger Samsung EVO. Zero problems and still lots of space.

Hi

Thanks for info 😊 unfortunately kronos2 availability is very very rare in my country 😔

And nautilus has many problem . I don't know 😐 which instrument 🎷 is appropriate for me 😭

Best regards
Mehran 🤘
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: