Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to see the style midi channel on PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ouss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject: How to see the style midi channel on PC Reply with quote

Hello,

I have Pa1000 MG edition, what I want to get the style midi channel on my PC, I try from the midi out configuration so I can get the upper 1,2,3 and lower works put I can see anything from the playing style no mater what settings I select on any channels so what should I do?

exactly I want to get the ACC5 track

thanks for your help
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How to see the style midi channel on PC Reply with quote

ouss wrote:
.. exactly I want to get the ACC5 track ..

The prerequisite for transporting a track's MIDI events via MIDI out is to set this track to "Both" or "External" in the track controls.

So if you want to transport Acc5 via MIDI-Out, then the Acc5 track should not be set to "Internal" but to "Both" or "External".
Furthermore, MIDI-Out for one channel must be selected on "Acc5".

For example, if channel 15 has been selected for Acc5, then the Pa-keyboard sends the MIDI events from Acc5 via channel 15, which can be received via this channel on your PC via MIDI.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
ouss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: How to see the style midi channel on PC Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
ouss wrote:
.. exactly I want to get the ACC5 track ..

The prerequisite for transporting a track's MIDI events via MIDI out is to set this track to "Both" or "External" in the track controls.

So if you want to transport Acc5 via MIDI-Out, then the Acc5 track should not be set to "Internal" but to "Both" or "External".
Furthermore, MIDI-Out for one channel must be selected on "Acc5".

For example, if channel 15 has been selected for Acc5, then the Pa-keyboard sends the MIDI events from Acc5 via channel 15, which can be received via this channel on your PC via MIDI.

Thank you, Siebenhirter, for your response. I followed your suggestion and attempted to assign Acc5 to a desired channel using the MIDI input. However, when I accessed the MIDI output options, I was unable to locate Acc5 among the available choices. Despite my efforts, I could only get the output from Upper1, Upper2, and Upper3. Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: How to see the style midi channel on PC Reply with quote

ouss wrote:
.. attempted to assign Acc5 to a desired channel using the MIDI input. However, when I accessed the MIDI output options, I was unable to locate Acc5 among the available choices.

Despite my efforts, I could only get the output from Upper1, Upper2, and Upper3. Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Maybe that is not the same with Pa1000 MG edition, but with Pa1000 (international) in Global:Midi:MidiOutChannel the MidiOutTrack offers to be assigned to:
Off/Lower/Upper1,2,3/Pad1,2,3,4/Drum/Percussion/Bass/Acc1,2,3,4,5/Player1 to Tr1..Tr16/Player2 to Tr1 .. Tr16/Chord/Control.
If you touch a channel track (ch1...ch16) and use the small arrow next to the label it shows all that MidiOutTracks to be located and assigned to.

If you touch MidiOutChannel in GlobalMidi you only will see prepard Upper1, Upper2, and Upper3 for Ch01-03, but simply use the Channel pop-up menus with that arrow to assign other instrument’s track to each of that MIDI-Out-tracks you want to use.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
ouss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How to see the style midi channel on PC Reply with quote

You're right the MIDI out is locked in the MG edition I ask the MG edition company and they say it's locked to protect the MG software

thanks for your time and help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: