Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing a Combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tololo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject: Editing a Combi Reply with quote

When I'm selecting programs for each timbre in a Combi, How can I listen to the program I'm choosing? I seem to be always listening to the program in timbre (channel) 1.

Thank you very much
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the Combi's Timbre Parameters section, MIDI tab. In an empty or Init Combi, the MIDI channels for each Timbre will have been set to match the Timbre number i.e. 01 through to 16. If other Timbres are required to be triggered by the keyboard, then those MIDI channels will need to be set to 01G, or Gch.

It's also worth checking the effects routings that have been set for each Timbre, as you will probably find that Programs added to a Combi don't necessarily sound the same as they do in Program mode, because the effects are not automatically copied to the Combi. There is a bit of an art to getting the Timbres in a Combi to sound "right", and that largely comes down to curating the effects, since a Combi doesn't have the capacity to incorporate all of the effects from each of its constituent Programs. In the Combi top right dropdown menu, the Copy from Program item allows the effects of a specific Program to be copied to the Combi. Do this for the most important Timbre in the Combi, and then adjust the effects routings for each of the other Timbres, to make them sound "right".

Edited to change "It" to "If" in third sentence, and correct typographical errors...doh, I wasn't paying enough attention!

Last edited by voip on Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tololo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: