Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Yamaha Montage leaked
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
menara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject: New Yamaha Montage leaked Reply with quote

https://yamahamusicians.com/the-new-yamaha-montage-m8x-montage-m7x-and-montage-m6x/
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, a browser compatibility check would have been helpful.

shefu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they discontinue the Montage so that they can release a new synth that's also called Montage which looks almost the same as the old one?

Yamaha been doing the bare minimum for a decade now.

And to think this was once the company of DX7, Sy99, Ex5, An1X, and Motif.
jick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shefu wrote:
So they discontinue the Montage so that they can release a new synth that's also called Montage which looks almost the same as the old one?

Yamaha been doing the bare minimum for a decade now.

And to think this was once the company of DX7, Sy99, Ex5, An1X, and Motif.

Agreed. But arguably korg is doing exactly the same with the Kronos and now Nautilus. I'm desperately waiting for a (real! Looking at you Nautilus !) Kronos successor.. I might eventually burn my money on the next Montage if it's any good. I loved my Motif XS8, maybe it's time to have a Yamaha next to the Kronos 73.

Last edited by jick on Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All manufacturers do the same - they all enjoy rehashing ad nauseam until they don't sell enough. I'm not a big fan of the Montage (was totally unimpressed when I tried one) but I like the ebony finish of the black keys on this new one. For the rest, I doubt there will be anything extraordinary, just like when Korg released the Nautilus. Laughing
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yamahasynth.com/news/new-yamaha-synthesizer-sneak-peak
shefu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
https://www.yamahasynth.com/news/new-yamaha-synthesizer-sneak-peak

Ok the hype is real, can't wait to see and hear more.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Yamaha,

Since Korg appears to have all but abandoned the premium workstation market, if the Montage M extended the Montage by adding a full sequencer, sampler, AN1X-like engine and SY77/99 FM engine, combined with Yamaha's typically premium build quality, then I am all in.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
menara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More informations
https://yamahamusicians.com/yamaha-montage-m-specifications-and-pricing/
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addition of PolyAT on the 88 note model looks nice, but indications are that the 61 and 73 key models won't receive this feature.

Lack of sampling and nary a mention of sequencer updates affirm for me that it won't be the true Motif workstation replacement I was hoping it would be Sad
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Addition of PolyAT on the 88 note model looks nice, but indications are that the 61 and 73 key models won't receive this feature.

No Poly-AT for M6/7... (((( Really? ))))

We can only hope this information is incorrect, otherwise Yamaha have just killed the Montage M series for me and I will keep my Montage 7 Mk1...

Or, are we going to see something similar as an upgrade kit, some time in the future as seen with Korg Nautilus? Now that would be bonkers (!)
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
SeedyLee wrote:

We can only hope this information is incorrect, otherwise Yamaha have just killed the Montage M series for me and I will keep my Montage 7 Mk1...

Or, are we going to see something similar as an upgrade kit, some time in the future as seen with Korg Nautilus? Now that would be bonkers (!)

I don,t Understand Why we are going on wrong direction Sad
It cant be so hard to have PAT on all of them.
SAD!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
D575 wrote:
SeedyLee wrote:

We can only hope this information is incorrect. Otherwise, Yamaha have just killed the Montage M series for me and I will keep my Montage 7 Mk1...

I don,t Understand Why we are going on wrong direction Sad
SAD!

Well, after a lot of talk on other froums after a dealer apparently released the spec, I am going to reserve final judgement for the official release...
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jick wrote:
But arguably korg is doing exactly the same with the Kronos and now Nautilus.

This Yamaha stealing a page of Korg's book is not by chance. Either the supply chain is impossibly complicated right now and the marketing cycle needs to be based on slightly "upgraded" models or there is not a market big enough for the uber workstations we know and love!
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

I don,t Understand Why we are going on wrong direction :(
SAD!

Poly aftertouch is not that hard - it's just that another sensor is needed under each key, with supporting hardware to read each sensor, and the additional software development time and expense to integrate and test it alongside everything else in the package (modern synths probably already have enough raw computing power)...multiply the cost of this by the number of keys (!), multiplied by distribution / retail markups, and that's probably why manufacturers are not including a feature in new machines that not many customers have used or even tried out...

The thing that I don't understand is why original channel aftertouch has pretty much gone away away, since the hardware cost (a single pressure-sensitive ribbon under the keys) is small, and most synths already support it in software for MIDI input anyway...I've been using it for things like Leslie speed control, effects on mono solo voices, etc., for a long time - but maybe that's just an old bar-band keyboardist talking, and most customers never use it (?)...

df
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: