Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 61 Titanium - how to replace end caps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetrocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Kronos 2 61 Titanium - how to replace end caps Reply with quote

Can anyone help with info, pics, or videos on steps to remove and replace the end caps on Kronos 2 61? I assume process is the same for Titanium or SE models. Thanks for help!
average_male

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it can be removed just like the K1. Here are two images of each and both appear to have the same/similar metal mounting bracket:

K2:
https://www.bustedgear.com/images/jobs/Korg_kronos/bottom_off.jpg

K1:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPAHnOKrzeG-J3iSfz29UkWowwpxX8352i94RQsXjgxsJIgPi8LeJIulLOF40B_-Q/photo/AF1QipMjBwxXqmiTVhthi_byeXiehwXDOOYwKQYe3Lmv?key=S296eWVMZTBQdl9TRXRYRDNYQXBvRVhsWFBaaHl3

I've taken apart the K1 endcaps, and FWIR and based on the images you'll need flip it and undo the bottom panel and then should be able to take a Phillips screwdriver and remove the two end caps.

Question: Curious, why are you needing to remove/replace the original end caps?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

In order to replace the end caps on my 88 (not sure if there is more space in a 61 on the right side), you first remove the bottom panel and then the keyboard to have space. Then it will be easy to figure out which screws must be undone to free the end caps.

Below is a pic showing my 88 without its LH side during a test session for my AT mod. Looking at the metal part on the left, you can see where some of the LH end cap screws end up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: