Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transpose HELP on Triton Work Station

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac16101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject: Transpose HELP on Triton Work Station Reply with quote

Good day to you all.

I'm in need of help for my spouse. She is 70yrs old and has memory problems. Her problem is she is trying to 'Transpose down to Middle-C. When her keyboard boots up, it's not loading up on Middle-C. She states that its shifted lower and she can't remember how to get it transposed back to Middle-C.

Can anyone help us with this? She is trying to finish some work on her Triton WS before she forgets everything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
wpostma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What modeis the triton in? Program or Combi?

It is possible she is simply on a patch (program #101, in program mode) that has a transpose setting engaged.

Getting into those is a matter of digging around in the menus.

The easy way for her to avoid this is to simply hit the Program or Combi button and select a combi mode preset that doesn't have this transpose active.

If she is seeing this transpose happening on every program perhaps she needs to look in the GLOBAL menu.

I am looking in my triton's global settings and if at first, I do not see a global transpose, after hitting the GLOBAL button, the next button I hit is called MENU. Now I can change which page I see. One of the pages I can see is called GLOBAL 1.1 SYSTEM, and that has the KEY TRANSPOSE setting. Then you use the circular spin wheel and the arrows to navigate and select that setting and alter its value, and then after it's changed you press the UTILITY button, and click WRITE GLOBAL SETTINGS.

My triton is not the triton studio. Global mode is covered in this youtube video for Triton Studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjV5dEf5qD8

Be sure to not only change the setting but also to exit the global mode using the steps that include WRITING the global settings.

Warren Canada
mac16101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Transpose HELP on Triton Work Station Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I asked her what mode the Triton was in, Program or Combi. She doesnt know what combi means? She also doesnt remember what mode its in. Can you explain to me where we can find which mode its in and I will help her to find this. Its a first step.

We will watch the vid later when she is more awake.

Thanks for your help.
mac16101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject: Transpose HELP on Triton Work Station Reply with quote

Im not a musician so Im fumbling in the dark for her. I turned on her keyboard and there is a little red light on the 'combi' button. So I would say its in combi mode. What next?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that means the Triton is in Combi mode.

On the Triton, and many other Korg keyboards, the simplest basic sound generation mode is called Program mode, where single relatively simple sounds, like a piano, or a synth sound can be triggered by playing the keys (although a drum track can also sound in Program mode). A Combi is more complex, and can consist of up to eight different Programs combined together, so that they can all be made to sound at once, when a key is played, or the Programs in a Combi can also be split, layered, or switched by velocity i.e. playing a key softly (low velocity) might make one Program in the Combi produce sound, whilst playing harder can use a different Program (or Timbre) in the Combi. The Triton is incredibly versatile.

Now back to the question, what to do next.

Power up the Triton and allow it to boot up. Press the Global button, (it's in the same group of buttons as the Combi button), and the screen should display a page titled Global P0: Basic Setup. The first line of the parameters is Master Tune, which should be 00cent by default, corresponding to standard concert pitch (440Hz) and the second line of parameters is the Key Transpose parameter. This should be 00, by default. If these parameters are not 00, then set them to 00, by highlighting the existing value (using a fingernail press on the screen), then use the jog wheel to set it to 00. Then select the Basic dropdown at top right of screen, and select Write Global Setting, and confirm Yes when a dialogue box appears. That should be it. Note that Transpose adjustments made in the Global settings mode, will affect all of the Programs and Combis.

Press the Combi button again, and you should be back where you started.

mac16101

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject: Transpose HELP on Triton Work Station Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING- it worked! Thank you 'voip' so much! Ok now for the next step & problem, she can't remember how to get the music she has written on the Triton's hard drive downloaded to a CD. All she could tell me and she is sketchy here, is that the Triton creates 'midi' files which are big files.

Thanks!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creating an audio CD of your wife's work, if that is the intention, is a bit more complex than correcting the transpose issue, and so it's not easily dealt with in a single posting. The first thing to do might be to try to find any files that your wife may have produced using Sequencer mode. MIDI files are generally not very large, and contain data such as note number, note on and velocity, and note off. Basically a MIDI file contains a list of instructions of which notes to play and when. Sequencer files are basically MIDI files. As a first step in creating an audio CD, the Sequencer files would need to be "played" and the resulting audio recorded. Audio recordings of songs can be saved as WAV files, and it is these files that can be very large (e.g. 70MB for a 3 minute song). The Triton has a 5GB hard drive, if memory serves me right, and would very soon be filled up with WAV files. It is these WAV files that would be used to produce an audio CD.

A couple of questions:

1) Does your wife have any recollection of using Sequencer mode to create the songs, and were the songs saved on the Triton?

2) Does the Triton have a CD drive fitted?

mac16101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Transpose HELP on Triton Work Station Reply with quote

Yes we are trying to get her work off the Triton and CD's. Yes she does remember using the Sequencer mode to create songs. Yes the Triton does have a CD drive. She has 2 large books that came with the Triton, I can also look in them now that you’ve given me some direction and what I should look for. I can’t thank you enough for your time and help, you have been just fantastic in helping us. If it’s ok with you, can I post you back here in a week if I have another question. I need to go over the books and sit with her so we can go through what you’ve given us. Again thank you so very much. Have a great weekend.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of help. Let us know how you get on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: