Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remote Display ipad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject: Remote Display ipad Reply with quote

Hi, having no experience at all with ipads, can someone help me with the models and generations that work or don't work with the kronos remote app please?

thank you.
Korg Triton 76, Korg Triton 61, Korg Triton Extreme 76 + Moss, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Korg M3 + Radias, Korg Kronos 73, Alesis Ion, T.C.Electronic effects & SPL processors. Edirol M16DX. Mackbook Pro & Logic pro X.
average_male

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote Display ipad Reply with quote

Orbvs_Tomarvm wrote:
Hi, having no experience at all with ipads, can someone help me with the models and generations that work or don't work with the kronos remote app please?

thank you.

Seems iPad 3 or better should work, but the newer the model the better as Apple will cripple your older iPads. Given you have an expensive keyboard, try to get a recent model of iPad, last years or the previous should be fine.

More details here?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lL50tuI556c
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply, is that model actually called 'ipad 3' or is it something to do with '3rd generation'? i'm very confused as to which is which and was made when.

thank you.

ps never used an ipad in my life so genuinely confused about all these different models.
Korg Triton 76, Korg Triton 61, Korg Triton Extreme 76 + Moss, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Korg M3 + Radias, Korg Kronos 73, Alesis Ion, T.C.Electronic effects & SPL processors. Edirol M16DX. Mackbook Pro & Logic pro X.
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something like a 2021 ipad 9?
average_male

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orbvs_Tomarvm wrote:
something like a 2021 ipad 9?

Yes, you are correct in both of your assertions “3” references the generation and a 2021 iPad would be perfectly fine. If you wanted to get super fancy, you can go with a iPad Pro version for a larger view/screen.

Hope this helps. I could even walk you through the setup via Teams or Zoom, if that interests you.
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for that. not sure i want too big a screen as the ipad will be positioned on the kronos similar to how it was shown in the videos of the remote display tutorials in a previous thread.

sorry to be so clueless but what is the name of the pro version of 2021 ipad?

thanks very much.
average_male

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orbvs_Tomarvm wrote:
Hi, thanks for that. not sure i want too big a screen as the ipad will be positioned on the kronos similar to how it was shown in the videos of the remote display tutorials in a previous thread.

sorry to be so clueless but what is the name of the pro version of 2021 ipad?

thanks very much.

iPad Pro 12.9 6th generation (~$1K)

Screen size difference is noted in this image: https://9to5mac.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/11/12-9-inch.jpg
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oof, bit too much that. if i had a bit more cash i would, i have an m1 mac pro, and m2 mac air, and seriously, those two chips are a massive overkill. the ipad just has to show the kronos screen, dont need it for anything else.

thanks for helping me clarify things 😊
average_male

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orbvs_Tomarvm wrote:
oof, bit too much that. if i had a bit more cash i would, i have an m1 mac pro, and m2 mac air, and seriously, those two chips are a massive overkill. the ipad just has to show the kronos screen, dont need it for anything else.

thanks for helping me clarify things 😊

Yea it is overkill for your needs, and who knows, the next flagship keyboard may have a much cleaner way to connect an external display.
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you charge the ipad (with lightning port) while plugged into the kronos?
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found an adapter 👍🏻
KingKronos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using a 2017 iPad Pro for a couple years now.
It was $300 used, and is plenty powerful.
That model is the last one to include a headphone jack.

It should be plenty powerful for the remote display app.

Another bonus is it's good enough for running PianoTeq on it.

It's ideal using an iPad with a Kronos.
Just plug it into the USB port and it's automatically recognized.
Then you can use the Control Surface audio sliders to adjust iPad volume.
It recognizes the Kronos MIDI, and you can have multiple apps running.
Soft synths, youtube for learning covers, sheet music apps, etc.
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i've got it all up and running, but im pretty bummed that theres only 512 characters available in the notes section. is that the same for everyone? also cant change the font or have coloured text. any ways round these issues?
average_male

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orbvs_Tomarvm wrote:
hi, i've got it all up and running, but im pretty bummed that theres only 512 characters available in the notes section. is that the same for everyone? also cant change the font or have coloured text. any ways round these issues?

Are you asking if this 512 character limit is on the iPad app or the Kronos? Regarding the other noted items, given the iPad is only simulating the Kronos' screen, you'll be very limited in what you can do compared to using the Kronos interface.
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so theres more characters on the kronos screen? does that show on the ipad when attached?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: