Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you manipulate audio tracks with the pitch bend?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:54 am    Post subject: Can you manipulate audio tracks with the pitch bend? Reply with quote

Question of the day here.

I'm curious if there is a way to manipulate audio tracks in the sequencer with the pitch bend and or ribbon controller. I know this can be done with midi tracks but I can't think if it can be done or a way for it to be done with audio tracks. Does anyone know off hand?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitch Bend and JS is a modulation sources. Is not work direct to audio tracks.
If the audio file is load in the programs as a sample, will work.
If want to pitch the Audio Tracks, route it to IFX, Stereo Pitch Shifter. WET/DRY 100% Wet, Select a JS X as Pitch Sources and set the Amount to +2 for tone, or +1 for semitone.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use in-track sampling, which is a super-flexible approach combining elements of audio tracks and elements of sampling.

But toherwise, using IFX on an audio track as mentioned above is the way to go.

The other thing you can possibly do if you’re looking at other modulation options, is route an audio track into the audio input of a MOD-7, AL-1 or MS20 MIDI track and use those instruments to munge the audio in real-time.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I thank you guys greatly for all your detailed and helpful responses.
I was kind of discussing this in another thread prior to this one about the "pitch shifter" IFX on the Kronos. It tends to take away the sonic value of your audio. I ended up trying to do a workaround by running my song into my sampler and manually doing what I needed and then playing it back into the Kronos to reclaim some of the lost audio quality.

I could have used the effects on the sampler to smooth out the pitch bend transitions that I was doing on the Kronos by just tossing in the effects on those parts. But I was trying to avoid adding in additional things that I couldn't edit out from the main track (in case I ended up having another idea I didn't want to be stuck with a transition effect to cover up the Kronos's pitch shifter IFX)

I think in my mind I'm somehow confusing gear I've used. I remember manipulating my audio track pitches but when I think about it I believe I was running my audio through my old Kaoss pad at the time.

In my head I might somehow be trying to recreate what the Kaoss pads pitch effect used to do only to find out that the Kronos isn't built along the same lines.

I'm thinking that maybe I can run my track into my sampler and use the filter effect on the "pitch shifter IFX" transition part and then just cutting a sample of that section and only that section of the Kronos pitch shifter IFX combined with my samplers LPF effect and then playing that sample over the part of the song where the "pitch shift" comes into play. That might actually sound pretty cool.

...and then once it's in the Kronos I can add in whatever other wonky IFX I can chain to that sounds to make it sounds even cooler.

That's just how I think. Half sane... half crazy but maybe it will lead to something interesting on the playback.

If there's indeed a box I think I tripped and fell outside of it sometime ago.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright my friends I'm back... and I did just what I said I was going to do above and woweee oh woweee did we create something cool with the results.
Sometimes the Kronos limitations just push you to be better. Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: