Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 88 MIDI Implementation - Banks 38 and 3E (Hex)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCG Musician

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:50 am    Post subject: Kronos 88 MIDI Implementation - Banks 38 and 3E (Hex) Reply with quote

In the Korg Kronos Parameters Guide, MIDI Implementation section, there are two banks listed with HEX numbers 38 and 3E for the MSBs. I am trying to determine what banks these actually are. Their descriptions are "G 001 - 128" and "g(d) 001-128". A few lines above these are two banks listed with HEX MSBs 79 and 78. These are also described as "G 001 - 128" and "g(d) 001-128". I understand the the "G" bank is standard General MIDI (not drums and not a variation) and that the g(d) bank is MIDI drums. What I do not understand is the difference between the two sets of banks that have the same descriptions but different HEX MSB values.

I use Cakewalk and Finale with the instrument and need to know what values to send for selecting patches. For the most part, I understand how to do this but I am not clear on those particular banks.

I hope someone on the forum understands the Korg Kronos bank system and can educate me on this.
UCG Musician

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply From KORG Support Reply with quote

No one on the forum responded to this rather obtuse question but I finally got a definitive answer from KORG Support. Here it is:

"38 and 3E banks are only valid for receive. They are just corresponding to GM and g(d) banks, not additional banks. 38 and 3E were used for Korg's GM and g(d) bank numbers in the past Korg GM specialized products such as 05R/W. We set this spec in Triton’s Song Play Mode(GM Mode) because we wanted to be able to play those Korg MIDI files. The spec has been used in later models."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: