Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GrandPiano Pa4x vs Pa1x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: GrandPiano Pa4x vs Pa1x Reply with quote

Hello,
I got following message "I'm wondering if you have come across this, i have the PA1X Pro. I just bought the PA4X 76 and the Grand Piano sound is very heavy on the Key bed sound part of the sample. Im trying figure out if there is a way to turn the key bed noise down or shut it off, or is it part of the sample. My PA1X does not have this problem. Also as a side note I expected the 4X to have much better quality sounds since there 10 years newer. It is a little better especially after i did the update. I was a little disappointed, are there sounds available that can be installed that have higher quality."

Maybe you are interested in my answer:
You obviously used the Pa1x out of the box as it was delivered and only made minor changes to parameters as detailled described in the manual.
Based on your question, I suspect that you haven't dealt with the Pa4x-76 in detail yet and I'm trying to help you with information that also applies to the Pa1x and all other Pa models from Korg.

I initially limit myself to the sounds of the keyboard tracks Upper1,2,3, Lower) and deliberately exclude the sounds of the background tracks (Style tracks, SMF tracks Player1/2).

If you compare a sound - such as the GrandPiano - of the Pa4x with that of the Pa1x, you will hear sounds or key noises that do not satisfy you, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the Pa4x has a problem with one compared to the Pa1x would have good sound. Of course you can expect the Pa4x to have at least the same quality of sounds and samples as the Pa1x 10 years ago - in fact this is the case, but this cannot be determined by comparing individual samples of the two instruments.

The sound quality you complain about depends on the factory-programmed sounds (samples, multisamples), performances and assigned playing aids (effects, velocity, aftertouch, DNC controls). I can understand that the programmers didn't meet your taste with the background noise of the Pa4x grand piano - for which they unnecessarily waste a lot of oscillators. I also love a clean, pure, clear piano sound instead of background noises.

The first step with the sound editor is to find out which of the 24 oscillators used in the "GrandPiano" program produces the unwanted background noises by listening to them individually with the solo oscillator. To do this, copy the GrandPiano to a user sound (pcg file) and remove the oscillators with the background noises, so that only the oscillators with the clean GP sounds remain. Even with this simple measure, maybe the GP sounds as usual with the Pa1x.

If not, numerous improvement steps are possible, because it is not the fault of the Pa4x if it does not achieve the sound quality of the Pa1x.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: