Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome EX and MIDI controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ca.88fingers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:17 am    Post subject: Krome EX and MIDI controller Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can help me answer a question.
I want to replace my Yammy MX. I use a controller with it to extend its functionality. I keep the controller on the same MIDI channel, and program splits and layers on the MX. I also use a GT1000 to send cc64, cc01 controls. I change the Combis ("Performances") on the MX as needed, and don't program anything on the controller.

I tried a Roland DS61, and to my complete surprise, the DS line does not filter key ranges on incoming MIDI data. Also, I could not get cc64 (sustain) to work on the master MIDI channel, although it worked fine on other channels and modulation (cc01) worked. Very weird and frustrating.

Please tell me the Krome EX maps Combi parts on the same MIDI channel to key ranges? And normal sustain MIDI?

I know a good controller with splits, layers, multiple channels would solve this, but I won't be doing that.

Much appreciated!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krome EX (and also the original Krome) allows Timbres in Combis to be set to respond to any one of the 16 MIDI channels, and for individual Timbres to be zoned across the keyboard, transposed, and the response to Sustain also selected. This applies equally, whether the notes are played on the Krome's keybed, using the Krome's Damper port, or the note and damper data come from an external source, such as an external MIDI keyboard.

ca.88fingers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
whether the notes are played on the Krome's keybed, using the Krome's Damper port, or the note and damper data come from an external source, such as an external MIDI keyboard.

Thanks voip! Krome EX it is...
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: