Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to create an electronis tom sound...help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject: Trying to create an electronis tom sound...help Reply with quote

Hi guys
I'm trying to create an electronic "tom" sound, or what to call it? I'm playing in a Danish party band, and we want to play this old danish birthday song, and it has this very special sound at 0:13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HppnCu6nz8g
Can anyone in here guide me how to get this sound?

Kind regards
Robert
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically use a sinewave for the oscillator, and modulate the pitch.

A simple way to do it would be to create your own Program using a free Init EXi Program slot.

Go to the Common / Basic Vector / Program Basic section, and select MOD-7 as the EXi 1 instrument type.

Next, go to the EXi 1 / Osc / Osc Main tab, and set the Pitch AMS to EG1, and set the intensity to something like +40. It should already start to sound a bit like the desired sound when a note is played.

Now go to the EXi 1 / EG / EG1 tab and, in the Envelope section, for the Level - set Break to +51 and for Time - set Decay to 78.

Tweak the various settings until happy :-)

One of the drum kits in the Kronos may also have a similar sound, but the above suggestion allows a fair bit of tweaking to suit.
Quark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:15 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

...that helped me a lot Smile
Youre suggestion regarding drumsets did the trick, as a start anyway, there is a "drumset" called "Why disco died" its close to what I need. But I might in the future take a closer look at designing my own sound Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: