Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black spots on the button
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
dimitris wrote:
Pa5X is a great arranger but, it needs much work from KORG in order to work right!

Totally agree - Korg's silence and absence of any PA5x serious progress has been unacceptably too long and leaves me wondering who is actually left in Italy sorting this out....

Very Happy

Out of interest, what has actually transpired over at Korg Italy ?
Basspig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a refurbished Pa5X and do not see this issue. The unit is perfect in all respects as far as I can tell.
benny7284

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has started to appear on my PA5X on a few buttons now after having it for around 6 months. Any solutions to this or still nothing..? The buttons look bad, especially when you're in a dark room!
DaPale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have this problem (yet) but I will contact a distributor and repair center here in The Netherlands and ask them of this issue.

Maybe some more information.
- How long is the Korg running
- What is the light intensity you have set, more light more heat? Do they actually give off much heat these days?

Update: message send to the distributor. awaiting their response

Last edited by DaPale on Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're LED, heat isn't the issue. Anyone know what type of lights they use?

Has anyone narrowed down more specifics? Such as...

Is this happening only to earlier released boards?

Is it an intensity level?

If it's not just early boards, is there a specific faulty run of them?

I doubt the truth will ever be known, as Korg doesn't talk to us.

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
As stated previously in a post, I am also having this issue. I have contacted my Dealer and Korg U.K. and I'm basically being ignored. This is a serious matter that needs to be addressed by Korg. As far as I can see, it's a quality control issue and as such should be repaired free of charge by Korg. My guess is that once the issue came to light, they would have addressed it and modified the LED's on later batches of the PA5X that were manufactured.

From reading the various threads about this issue, some owners are happy to let their warranty expire without addressing the issue. To those owners I would simply say that it would only be an issue if you decide to 'sell on' your keyboard. You could be left with an expensive repair job before anybody would be willing to buy your keyboard.

There appears to be some owners that have had their keyboards either replaced or repaired due to this issue. I know of at least one other Forum Member who is awaiting a response from Korg U.K.

I first raised this issue with my Dealer exactly six weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing back.

One final point, Qui Robinez & Antony Sharmman (who have between them over 6,000 Posts on these Forums) both discuss and agree there is an issue in this Thread. What more proof does anybody need ?

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=824722&highlight=#824722

Chris
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I had posted there , I have not this issue since 18 months of owning Pa5X with extensive working hours.
But I guess this is not an actual electric problem , leds will not been burned and probably must be there a tiny film layer
between led and TAB that has been moved or deformed under pressing vibrations.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
DaPale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an answer from the distributor and repair center in the Netherlands.

My message to them
Hello, on the Korg forum, I read several messages from owners with a Korg Pa5X. These owners report some kind of burn marks on certain keys. There is also a video about this on the Internet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC153DTdE8c Now my question. Is this known to Korg or its partners, and if so, will it be repaired by Korg? would like to hear. Kind regards, Patrick

Reply from the center

Dear Patrick,

These are not burn marks or keys, but the buttons and it is probably a kind of frost filter that is in the button. In Italy they are aware of the problem, but unfortunately there is no answer / solution at the moment.

Musical greetings / Salutations musicaux / Musical greetings / Musikalische Grüsse,

KORG Product & Support,
Voerman Amersfoort b.v.

My reply

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply. Do you have any idea if Korg Italy has done more research or whatever or if they are communicating widely about this?
I read on several forums that there are many complaints about the poor communication from Korg in recent years and especially about the Korg PA5X. I think you suffer from that too.

Is there perhaps a medium where I can register to receive any updates on this? Perhaps through you?

Glad to hear from you and thanks for your answer!

With musical regards,

Patrick

Reply back

They can of course answer all questions from Italy themselves (and you sometimes just read untruths or a lot of rubbish on forums), but we act as a kind of conduit for what we hear in our region and I am also quite busy with the Pa5X myself. So I have also passed on some things regarding future software updates and the like, but that all has to be programmed and that (unfortunately) cannot happen overnight.
Normally all updates are communicated via www.korg.com/news, so what if you go there every now and then? Perhaps in the future there will also be a statement on this subject, but it is currently still under investigation and I don't know when / how they will communicate about this, sorry.

Last edited by DaPale on Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaPale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is hosted by Korg USA I read in the upper banner. Where is Korg USA our host by the way to react om some posts here on this forum?
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Quote from Antony,

'In Pads 1-3 , I can see an upper shape that looks like plastic artifact and not led non uniform brightness ...
It's like plastic was overheated and was deformed , but this is not true since temperature there is definitely lower than 40 degrees , so
indeed very strange visual phenomenon and I don't think that leds are in real danger since brightness RMS is equal for all' ...

I am not saying that this issue is of any danger regarding the electrics. If that had been the case, Korg would have immediately recalled the keyboards to repair them. It is actually an appearance issue that should be addressed by Korg for any concerned owners.
Chris
DaPale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
Quote from Antony,

'In Pads 1-3 , I can see an upper shape that looks like plastic artifact and not led non uniform brightness ...
It's like plastic was overheated and was deformed , but this is not true since temperature there is definitely lower than 40 degrees , so
indeed very strange visual phenomenon and I don't think that leds are in real danger since brightness RMS is equal for all' ...

I am not saying that this issue is of any danger regarding the electrics. If that had been the case, Korg would have immediately recalled the keyboards to repair them. It is actually an appearance issue that should be addressed by Korg for any concerned owners.
Chris

Korg Italy is noticed about it, see my posts earlier in this thread.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with LEDS and some more buttons without LEDS that maybe are starting to break inside. Unfortunately the quality of Pa5X buttons is very poor!! I took it to service center and I am waiting for new ones to replace the defective.

Regards,
Dimitris
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked my Korg and it have this issue too on four buttons.
Gflow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also experiencing the same problem with a few of the buttons as well.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
This forum is hosted by Korg USA I read in the upper banner. Where is Korg USA our host by the way to react om some posts here on this forum?

100% incorrect!!!!

Korg is not associated in any way with these forums - these forums are privately owned and managed.
Korg hosted the Forum site (from an IT perspective) - that is all - the Forums are private.
Korg is NOT our "HOST" (I wish!!!) - they purely allowed us to use computer resources for this site ("host" is an IT term).
In the past, Korg Italy had Forum membership here and posted helpful support answers and suggestions but those days are totally gone since the management changes.

Hope this is a bit clearer...

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: