Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Nautilus AT Kronos Sound Pack for Nautilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FED34FIRE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject: Korg Nautilus AT Kronos Sound Pack for Nautilus Reply with quote

Hi

Has anyone tried to load the EXs315-320 Kronos Sound Pack for Nautilus? Needed to upgrade to the Nautilus because I need 88 keys for splits and layers for our cover band. Couldn't find a Kronos 2 88 in good condition. Purchased the Soundpack. EXs315 Loaded no problem. When I try to load 316 - 318 they erase the prior samples. I have plenty of memory. Any advice greatly appreciated as Korg Tech and Korg SHop jsy won't get back to me.

Best

Henry
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Have all of the EXs315 to EXs320 now been through the installation process? Do the relevant KSC files appear in the Global KSC Autoload tab, and are they all checked for Autoload? A Write Global Setting operation probably also needs to be performed. Then it is necessary to perform a reboot, or a "Do Auto-Load Now".

FED34FIRE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thank you.

Yes, I am able to install all EXs and still have memory. When I go to install 316 German D, Everything works for those programs but the Piano and some synth sounds that are stock on the nautilus stop working. I f I go to Install 317 or 318, they erase the prior EXs Samples. I will have to check if the KSC appear in Global Load Auto. The directions from Korg state to only load a specific file and not the KSC Files. Is this correct???? or should I check the box that states installl samples when i load from the HDD Drive?

Best
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, were the installations performed using only the EXsnnn.exins files that came with each package, as per the installation instructions? If this was done for each of the EXs packs, then the .exins file, when it runs, will have defined where the samples, KSC files, and other files, should be installed on the SSD, for each of the EXs. There should be no need to copy any files across from the USB thumb drive that contained the installation packages.

When you say the prior samples have been erased by the installation, does that mean that the KSC files are no longer visible, or does it mean Programs and Combis ar no longer working because they have disappeared from the Setlist? If that is the case, look at the Setlist name dropdown, at top left of the Setlist screen. You may find that the 000 Preload Set List is still there, and that another Setlist has been created by the installation.

FED34FIRE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes but for some reason the EXs316 German D would not work until I installed its KSC File from the HDD Drive.

After I did that all of the stock Nautilus Programs stopped transmitting sound.

I reloaded the original factory settings from the hard drive and everything was normal. The EXs315 was the only file that was still playable.

I;m following the directions exactly.

I finally was able to Extract The EXs318 File. Needed to use a different File Extractor called Unarchive.

I would like to be able to keep some of the Nautilus Sounds and load most of the Krionos Sounds. I don't need eveything as I still would like to load Synth cloud Leed for Speed and theh Korg EX for Oberheim Emulations.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all seems a little strange.

Look in Global settings, KSC Autoload tab. There should be a list of KSC files displayed, corresponding to the sound packs that have been installed. Check the boxes against the KSC files needed, and do Autoload Now. See if that helps. If it does, you may need to do a Save Global Settings, though I'm not 100% sure if that is necessary in the case of selecting KSC file loads.

FED34FIRE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically you have to delete all of the Nautilus Sounds and Samples so as to load these packs. The SGX German Grand EX Pack in itself exceeds the Nautilus memory and hard drive size. I could not get any assistance from Korg Tech. I received a full refund and purchased the EX315 separately because it is the only pack that loads and works properly. Korg really doesn't seen to care once they have your money. I really would like to order the OBerheim Dream EX Pack but could use some advice on how to load into my desired locations so as to not over write all of the sounds and combis I already created. I know how to control where THe PCG files goes to but not the samples. I'll definitly backup my entire board first.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be necessary to delete all of Nautilus' sounds and samples in order to install the additional sound packs.

The Kronos and Nautilus are both supplied with 60GB SSDs (reported as 56GB in Media Info). Using a Kronos as a comparison, as I haven't got access to a Nautilus at the moment, it's possible to install sound packs occupying a considerably greater total file size than the file sizes occupied by EXs315-EXs320, before SSD space becomes limited (see below).
Code:

Sound packs on Nautilus
                                   |Install|Sample|Virtual|
                                   |Files  |total |memory |
                                   |size   |size  |usage  |
                                   |(GB)   |(GB)  |(GB)   |
EXs315 KRONOS Preload Support      | 0.33  | 0.40 |0.130  |
EXs316 Korg German D Piano         | 2.40  | 4.30 |0.181  |
EXs317 Korg Japanese C Piano       | 2.40  | 4.77 |0.183  |
EXs318 Korg SGX-2 Berlin D Piano   | 4.30  | 8.65 |0.278  |
EXs319 Korg Kronos Ambience Drums  | 0.34  | 0.60 |0.082  |
EXs320 Korg Kronos EXs Extras      | 0.89  | 1.07 |0.289  |
                                   |       |      |       |
Total on Nautilus                  |10.66  |19.79 |1.143  |  SSD remaining ?
                                   |       |      |       |
Total expansions on a Kronos       |18.53  |30.51 |1.742  |  SSD remaining 1.2GB

Just wondering what is consuming all of the Nautilus' SSD space. A couple of thoughts: Full backups are best performed to an external thumb drive. Copying the sound pack install files to the SSD is not necessary. The sound pack install files should be on a USB thumb drive, and the .exins files run from there. All the necessary sample files are copied to the SSD, from the thumb drive, during the installation.

In the case of the Kronos figures, the 1.742GB Virtual Memory requirement for all the expansions exceeds the available Virtual Memory, so the samples from one of the expansion packs aren't preloaded at startup, and are only loaded when the Samples Not Loaded message appears.
FED34FIRE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded the EX315 no problem. I loaded the EX316 German Grand No prob. When I go to load EX317 Japan Grand it overwrites all the Nautilus and EX316 Samples. If I go to load EX318 SGX German Grand I get an error message Memory and Drive Space will be exceeded.

There is a fine print on the pack order stating Nautilus and Kronos cannot be loaded at the same time.

I tried everything. Really confusing.
jperiod67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FED34FIRE wrote:
I loaded the EX315 no problem. I loaded the EX316 German Grand No prob. When I go to load EX317 Japan Grand it overwrites all the Nautilus and EX316 Samples. If I go to load EX318 SGX German Grand I get an error message Memory and Drive Space will be exceeded.

There is a fine print on the pack order stating Nautilus and Kronos cannot be loaded at the same time.

I tried everything. Really confusing.

Any resolution to this issue yet? I have a Nautilus 88 and would like to get the German D on my Nautilus. Thanks
FED34FIRE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

No, it still erases the prior loaded samples when I try to load Berlin and Japan Grand. I don't want to chance it anymore. Maybe someone can explain the Korg File system better to me as my Kurzweil I play live with doesn't do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: