Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X5DR - No sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumitsimlai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:54 am    Post subject: Korg X5DR - No sound Reply with quote

My Korg X5DR stopped emitting any sound from the main outs. Only a feeble sound from the phones out. Replaced the battery, connected to mixer - still no change. Am being told the machine is gone. But I do see the midi functions being performed. To me it seems to be the sound pie amp / amp section.

Any help would be appreciated.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that the audio mute circuit has a problem.

A decent keyboard tech should be able to sort the problem for you.

sumitsimlai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It is possible that the audio mute circuit has a problem.

A decent keyboard tech should be able to sort the problem for you.

Thank you so much. But since I am in India, not too sure that there would be any spare parts available to repair the Audio mute circuit. I am an electrical electronics engineer I can do the repair provided I have the necessary tools like analyser, oscilloscope and the required spares. I spoke to Korg service centre in New Delhi India and even they raise their saying that it is too old product and can’t support it. I’m still looking for a decent electronic technician. Hopefully I’ll get one soon and ask him to have a look at the audio mute circuit.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an electrical electronics engineer, it should be possible for you to investigate the issue yourself. The service manual can be found for download, which is half the battle.

One thing that could be tried, would be to connect an audio amplfier, or oscilloscope, to the audio signal points at the main volume control, which is before the mute circuit. If the audio seems good there, then the fault will be downstream in the signal path. If the audio at the volume control is bad, then the problem is upstream, and maybe a bit more difficule to diagnose, and repair, but at least you should be in with a chance.

Has the volume control been "cleaned" by repeatedly moving the control knob? Just in case the volume control track is "noisy".

sumitsimlai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I shall have a look at your suggestion and try out. Meanwhile the pot has been worked ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: