Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Question about the Keybed Action on the 76 key PA5X Model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjmarano

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject: A Question about the Keybed Action on the 76 key PA5X Model Reply with quote

I am very close to pulling the trigger to sell or trade in my venerable Korg M3 for a 76 key PA5X. As much as I've enjoyed the sounds and functionality of the M3, I am really seeking a keyboard with extremely strong arranger functionality and from what I've researched the PA5X appears best in class. I'm aware that the PA5X operating system is still going through some growing pains, but I'm willing to give Korg the benefit of the doubt that they will ultimately eliminate any glaring remaining issues that users have reported.

My one question that remains: how good is the semi-weighted keybed action on the PA5X 76 key version? I absolutely love the quality of the M3's semi-weighted keyboard (one of the best I've encountered) and I'm wondering if that on the PA5X is comparable? Ideally would love to hear from someone who has familiarity with both keyboards, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. And to address one possible response in advance: I have not found a dealer in the New York metropolitan area that has a PA5X (76 key or otherwise) that I can try for myself. Now of course if someone knows of such a dealer in the area..
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

The Pa5x action is much firmer than the Yamaha Genos, and I equate it to the same action as the 76key Kronos. I did own an M3, but its been so long, I can't recall what that action felt like.

Overall I like the Pa5x action its a nice balance between synth and piano action. However, this is just my opinion. Others my like a more firm touch or a lighter touch.

The Pa5x is a killer keyboard and you won't be disappointed; but it does have some gaps that all of us are hopeful Korg will take care of. It just sounds so damn good, we are all willing to overlook them.
sjmarano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That balance is actually what I prefer, so it's good to know. Though I'd love to find a dealer in the NY area where I could feel and hear for myself how it plays and sounds.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjmarano wrote:
Thanks! That balance is actually what I prefer, so it's good to know. Though I'd love to find a dealer in the NY area where I could feel and hear for myself how it plays and sounds.

Perhaps a fellow PA5X owner in the NY area could assist our friend here if a dealer is unable to provide a demo unit...

A little networking is always a good thing in the keyboard community Smile
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjmarano wrote:

You might want to call "Alto Music" in Middletown NY if your north of the City; They may have a demo unit to test.
sjmarano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip about Middletown, NY. I'll give them a call.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: