Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing a midi file, sysex issue????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuarttodd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:23 pm    Post subject: Playing a midi file, sysex issue???? Reply with quote

Hi
I made loads of midi files back in the 80's.
When i play them in the PA5X they play well, but if I make changes to the patches or the other settings and save as a song, when loaded in again the changes are ignored.
My way of making midi files then was to insert a GS/GM reset at the start followed by the track voices, volumes and pans etc.
Im guessing that these settings are over riding my alterations to the saved midi file.
I there a way around this problem?

thanks
stuarttodd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eventually sorted out this problem.
I was initially changing the volumes etc in Mixer View, but Saving after those changes didn't seem to work.
I then tried selecting a midi file, opening Rec/Edit, selecting Song Edit and going into list view and deleting the CC7 volume lines at the start of the tracks. That allowed me to save at the newly selected volume.
I'm not sure yet, but I think I will have to delete the Program Change Selections as well if I want to select new voices.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuarttodd wrote:
I eventually sorted out this problem.
I was initially changing the volumes etc in Mixer View, but Saving after those changes didn't seem to work.
I then tried selecting a midi file, opening Rec/Edit, selecting Song Edit and going into list view and deleting the CC7 volume lines at the start of the tracks. That allowed me to save at the newly selected volume.
I'm not sure yet, but I think I will have to delete the Program Change Selections as well if I want to select new voices.

Actually I think you are on the right track with Rec/Edit engaged. To select new sounds push the menu button and engage Main to view the sounds in song 1 to 8, 9 to 16 and make your adjustments. Cool Don't forget to save your adjusted midi file.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Bescki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Playing a midi file, sysex issue???? Reply with quote

stuarttodd wrote:
Hi
I made loads of midi files back in the 80's.
When i play them in the PA5X they play well, but if I make changes to the patches or the other settings and save as a song, when loaded in again the changes are ignored.
My way of making midi files then was to insert a GS/GM reset at the start followed by the track voices, volumes and pans etc.
Im guessing that these settings are over riding my alterations to the saved midi file.
I there a way around this problem?

thanks

in edit mode you can delete controls, even you change the sound, it will change again when it plays the midi.

you can find controls on this page:

https://professionalcomposers.com/midi-cc-list/
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: