Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songbook collection and styles - download available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaPale

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject: Songbook collection and styles - download available Reply with quote

I went through the bonus list of styles and saved recognizable styles to the SongBook. I have made the Songbook, Bonus styles and an overview available as a download for enthusiasts.

[url]https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao0_Ok7HNBYrjvpcev9n-KUYkRx6Ew?e=7ym2Uc[/url]

Anyone an idea why my URL is not a link?

Last edited by DaPale on Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHr%5FZ%5FilGJEcehM&id=2B1634C74E3A3F8D%21245084&cid=2B1634C74E3A3F8D&parId=root&parQt=sharedby&o=OneUp

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Songbook collection and styles - download available Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
I went through the bonus list of styles and saved recognizable styles to the SongBook. I have made the Songbook, Bonus styles and an overview available as a download for enthusiasts.

[url]https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao0_Ok7HNBYrjvpcev9n-KUYkRx6Ew?e=7ym2Uc[/url]

Have you had any issues with the kb after Installing and using the styles?

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:

The embedded "!" screws up the link - suggest you edit your post and suggest copy&paste for the link

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
andreibb9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHr%5FZ%5FilGJEcehM&id=2B1634C74E3A3F8D%21245084&cid=2B1634C74E3A3F8D&parId=root&parQt=sharedby&o=OneUp

Downloaded on laptop, open up the file to folders BACKUPS pA5X/2024214BACKUP.KST

I click on Style folder near bottom, shows every previous PA model except pa5x, Click on Bonus near top and presented with many styles, of which i see duplicates.

What is safe to DL from this for the pa5x? Can I go to the previous page that had ChordSequence, GuitarPreset, KeyboardSet, MatrixPreset etc, and get any of those?

Thanks for any help. *I've had this for less than 2 weeks and so far not a hiccup. I dont want to DL anything that could start giving me issues.

Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted the correct link , I do not know the contents , even I suggest to load them in Pa5X to be clear !
Ask creator for contents !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok, Thanks Antony. In that case, I'm not touching them. I'm not loading anything unless instructions are concise and contents are fully known. Not worth the hassle Laughing

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see , it's a complete SET with custom sample resources and older Pa Styles 1.3 GB , all converted for Pa5X !
Such a Set will overwrite your own user resources and concerns the whole Pa5X resources of publisher and not just songbook entries.
In order to make only Songbook entries valid you have to load SOUND/PAD/PCM and styles ... it's up to you !
My advice , only custom Styles exclusively made in Pa4X are fully compatible when converted for Pa5X.

JagiChan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
From what I see , it's a complete SET with custom sample resources and older Pa Styles 1.3 GB , all converted for Pa5X !
Such a Set will overwrite your own user resources and concerns the whole Pa5X resources of publisher and not just songbook entries.
In order to make only Songbook entries valid you have to load SOUND/PAD/PCM and styles ... it's up to you !
My advice , only custom Styles exclusively made in Pa4X are fully compatible when converted for Pa5X.

I agree with your observation. I also noticed that it is a complete SET and it can potentially overwrite the factory resources.
Here is what I did. I took the songbook.txt and loaded it on the computer and checked out the songs that are present in it and the styles, tempos etc., used. I created my own songbook entries using that info.
Also I opened up the sounds folders and I saw that most of the sounds are already present on the PA5X, except for the directory "Allerei", which has some fancy Musikant sounds. Most of the sounds are already existing in the PA5X (the names are different); something like Panflute DNC is new and I did load it separately.
The styles can be played without ever loading them into the PA5X.
The drumkits are not needed, because they are already existing in the PA5X although with different names.
I would never load any SET into my keyboard, because it can potentially overwrite my settings or factory resources; or at worst it can totally mess up the keyboard.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just throwing this question out to Forum Members.

In situations like this, would it help to have Korg PA Manager software to view this SET prior to loading anything onto your PA5X or would the software not be of any use ?
Chris
JagiChan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
In situations like this, would it help to have Korg PA Manager software to view this SET prior to loading anything onto your PA5X or would the software not be of any use ?
Chris

Firstly, the SET file format is very simple. It contains directories like SOUND, PCM, STYLES etc., Within those directories the contents are located.

I don't have any fancy software, I do everything on the PA5X; and this is how I do it.

Take the SET file from previous PA arranger.
    Go to the Convert function on the PA5X (see the manual).
    Convert the PAxx SET to KST.
    DO NOT LOAD THE KST INTO THE PA5X.
    Go to the file menu and open the KST file.
    You can browse the individual directories and the files contained in it.

Sounds will need to be loaded for playback. If you want to check out a particular sound, select it and load it to an empty location of your choice. If the sound needs some samples, they will be automatically loaded from the PCM directory.

For styles, you don't have to load them.
    From the Home screen, click on the style that is currently loaded.
    Style selection menu will pop up.
    Use the drives option and point to the SD card/USB
    Navigate to the folder where you saved the KST.
    Select the Styles folder.
    All the styles will be listed.
    Select a style and play it.

Note: IF a style uses a certain custom DrumKit and it is not available on the PA5X then the drums will fail to play. You can select another factory drumkit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: