Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of Programs containted in Combis - Kronos 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:42 pm    Post subject: List of Programs containted in Combis - Kronos 2? Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone would have available a file (any format) containing the list of programs in all Factory Combis for the Kronos 2?

Thanks!
average_male

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: List of Programs containted in Combis - Kronos 2? Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
I wonder if anyone would have available a file (any format) containing the list of programs in all Factory Combis for the Kronos 2?

Thanks!
just guessing that it's somewhere listed within this doc: https://www.korg.com/download/global/kronos2/KRONOS_VNL_EFGSJ3.pdf
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or with one of the software tools PCG Tools, or Tidy Kronos? Can't remember which one does it (better)..

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: List of Programs containted in Combis - Kronos 2? Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:

Thanks!
just guessing that it's somewhere listed within this doc: https://www.korg.com/download/global/kronos2/KRONOS_VNL_EFGSJ3.pdf

Alas it doesn't contain a list of the programs in each combi!
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackForest wrote:
Or with one of the software tools PCG Tools, or Tidy Kronos? Can't remember which one does it (better)..

Thanks - alas I'm a Mac user - none of these developed for Mac!
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, a virtual machine on Mac won't work either? Am not a Mac user ..

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
KorganizR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin Nolan,

This might not be 100% what you're looking for, but maybe it is still somewhat helpful.
More than 10 years ago I developed a utility called PCGrid.
Initially for Windows/.NET, but later I ported it to Java.
There was a forum member hat got it to work on his Mac recently still.
Here's a link to some info:
www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=87348

The utility cannot produce a list of all Combi's programs in one go, but it can do so on a per-Combi basis, and export that to CSV.
Maybe that is already something you can work with, I don't know.

Perhaps downloading the zip and taking a look at the included user manual pdf will clarify what is possible with the PCGrid utility, before attempting to run it on your Mac.

I do not have a Mac myself, so I can't help if it doesn't work for you, but like I said, there are forum members who got it to work recently.
Maybe it will work on your Mac too, and help you in what you're trying to achieve.

Wishing you all the best,
KorganizR
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, if any of us windows users here has the factory PCG load able, one of us could create that list you're looking for with e.g. PCG tools.

Am just not near my Kronos and PC now.

Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorganizR wrote:
Hi Kevin Nolan,

This might not be 100% what you're looking for, but maybe it is still somewhat helpful.
More than 10 years ago I developed a utility called PCGrid.
Initially for Windows/.NET, but later I ported it to Java.
There was a forum member hat got it to work on his Mac recently still.
Here's a link to some info:
www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=87348

The utility cannot produce a list of all Combi's programs in one go, but it can do so on a per-Combi basis, and export that to CSV.
Maybe that is already something you can work with, I don't know.

Perhaps downloading the zip and taking a look at the included user manual pdf will clarify what is possible with the PCGrid utility, before attempting to run it on your Mac.

I do not have a Mac myself, so I can't help if it doesn't work for you, but like I said, there are forum members who got it to work recently.
Maybe it will work on your Mac too, and help you in what you're trying to achieve.

Wishing you all the best,
KorganizR

Thanks a million for this - and apology for the delay in replying.

I will definitely check thuis out - thanks!
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackForest wrote:
On the other hand, if any of us windows users here has the factory PCG load able, one of us could create that list you're looking for with e.g. PCG tools.

Am just not near my Kronos and PC now.

Actually - if anyone does generate that list, it would be generally useful and worth posting to the downloads section.

I'l tell you what I want it for: I want to move two factory banks of sounds - so that means the Combi's using those banks won't work. I need to 'revoice' the combis to point to the new memory bank locations.

I'm doing this so I can add some new purchased banks in the order I prefer for my work flow.

but I am going to try to generate the list myself from the pointers given here - perhaps install PCG tools on my work PC ( Smile ) - and if I generate the list I'll post it, but if anyone else could generate it in the mean time hassle free - please do and as said I think it would be a useful lis to have here for future reference.

Cheers,
Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: