Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIGN TO PETITION - for KORG PA5x Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bescki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject: SIGN TO PETITION - for KORG PA5x Update Reply with quote

I dont know how it works, but I created a petition. KORG must give any information to us... Sad

please share

https://www.change.org/Korg-Pa-5x
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!

Last edited by Bescki on Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think just referring to bugs will hold much weight IMHO. Perhaps mentioning the fact that its functions are not working according to its specifications (unfinished product - trade descriptions issue) plus the amount of time and absence of communication.

Korg no doubt will (may) reply and simply say that they have already told us that they are working on it (ref to ridiculous FAQs nearly 2 years ago).

If I had purchased one I would have obtained a full refund right now and fully supported by Australian consumer law.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I do not think just referring to bugs will hold much weight IMHO. Perhaps mentioning the fact that its functions are not working according to its specifications (unfinished product - trade descriptions issue) plus the amount of time and absence of communication.

Korg no doubt will (may) reply and simply say that they have already told us that they are working on it (ref to ridiculous FAQs nearly 2 years ago).

If I had purchased one I would have obtained a full refund right now and fully supported by Australian consumer law.

Very Happy

Ok please write me.a text to add to petition. I saw that nobody cares and all we are just waiting. I started it, but we can add anything you want.

Please write what you want and I will add to a text.
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Nemydom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Created a petition Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
I dont know how it works, but I created a petition. KORG must give any information to us...

https://chng.it/4xCWjpLjKv

Signed.
Not sure if it will help, but there's no harm in signing it. Wink
Please remember, even if Ukraine is far from you, it's fighting for you now! The outcome affects your future. So, support Ukraine! By any means, or simply by raising your voice. Every bit helps. Stand with Ukraine! We all do.
Nemydom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:

Ok please write me.a text to add to petition. I saw that nobody cares and all we are just waiting. I started it, but we can add anything you want.

Please write what you want and I will add to a text.

Regarding the text, I'm not sure, but one thing that could definitely help is a big, loud scandal at some music equipment expo where KORG is present. I am 100% certain that if someone approached the KORG booth and started asking all these uncomfortable questions, expressing everything they think about the situation, while someone else filmed it, that would surely make them falter, especially after such a video got onto YouTube or other media outlets.

It's truly regrettable that all modern music equipment media, like Sound On Sound or SonicState, whatever, in recent years, they've all just devolved into positive reviews, pointless, instead of truly addressing pressing issues and asking the hard questions about new products, their shortcomings, etc. I recall when the Nord Wave 2 came out, all the known music journalists and bloggers were asking the same silly questions, and the Nord representatives, this was at NAMM, I believe, happily answered them. Meanwhile, people on forums were outraged, questioning why the second Wave model lacked many features that were available in the first Wave, and why it had regressed. The second model was supposed to be even more powerful, yet in some respects, I don't remember the details, but that's not the point now, it was inferior to the first. The issue here is not about that, but about how none of these damn journalists disgracefully didn't just step up and ask, "What the hell, why didn't you do this?" No, they all just pushed positivity, shame on them and disrespect to these people.

And now with this KORG issue, where are they, where are these magazines, where are these famous bloggers, why won't anyone with their huge audience stand up and say to KORG, "Why do you treat people with such disrespect?" So, there are really only two ways. Either, if someone has connections, ask some famous bloggers or journalists to start seriously covering this issue regularly and demand explanations from KORG. Or, at some synth equipment expo, approach them and ask them on camera to explain what the disgrace is and why they behave so disrespectfully towards people.

I absolutely do not call for either the first or the second option. These are just my thoughts aloud about what could really help, and everything else, including complaining on this forum, guys, sorry, but it's all a waste of time.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best is if they just care.
We all love the sound quality, but all missing features that is promised, critical bugs. no good PR, really bad move from KORG!
I see that many returs their PA5X back, or just sells it.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There os a BUT.

If Korg release a major update to 2.0 with all the wanted features then I have a question?

Who will be fool enough to install it ?
JagiChan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Best is if they just care.
We all love the sound quality, but all missing features that is promised, critical bugs. no good PR, really bad move from KORG!
I see that many returs their PA5X back, or just sells it.

+1
Korg please fix the bugs and missing features.
JagiChan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
There os a BUT.

If Korg release a major update to 2.0 with all the wanted features then I have a question?

I will give it a shot. If Korg released the 2.0 update for PA5X they would definitely have put in their best efforts to get out of the bad PR and help them get increase their sales.
Bescki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
Biggles wrote:
There os a BUT.

I will give it a shot. If Korg released the 2.0 update for PA5X they would definitely have put in their best efforts to get out of the bad PR and help them get increase their sales.

KORG will surprise us on MAY 2024 with version 1.3 🤣🤣🤣
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
JagiChan wrote:
Biggles wrote:
There os a BUT.

KORG will surprise us on MAY 2024 with version 1.3 🤣🤣🤣

I hope they do, but I’ll leave it to you folks to beta test it a couple of months.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even today one friend sold it Sad he lost 900 EUROS in just few months

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

I know musicians that returned Genos2 as well, most likely because it did not meet their needs or the expectations they had build up before buy it. This is not unusual, it happens every time a new model coming up.

There is far too much negativity to read, and some are spreading rumors who 'black paints' Pa5X on more social media than this.
I have a friend who recently bought the Pa5X and he is very happy and glad he took the step to upgrade from the Pa4X.
There are perhaps some errors and shortcomings that need to be corrected, some find this very frustrating, others do not notice any errors at all. It probably depends on the different ways owners use the instrument.
For my part, and probably a lot of other users, autocomp arrangers is mainly used to play using the rhythms and sounds that are available, maybe tweak and edit a bit, and for that purpose the Pa5X is excellent. 👍🎶🎵😊
I, and I'm sure most other users have faith in that Korg as a company will meet consumers' wishes.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I, and I'm sure most other users have faith in that Korg as a company will meet consumers' wishes.

Sadly Korg has significantly changed in this area - I have little faith right now due to those changes.
I have had a great relationship with Korg (and trust) up to the management changes about 3+ years ago.
....hope is fading.... Crying or Very sad
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

I miss my Roland Va7 🤣
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: