Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quickly switch from Style to keyboard?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bratan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject: Quickly switch from Style to keyboard? Reply with quote

Is there a quick way to switch or reset Pa5x from Style to regular keyboard mode? Let's say I'm playing a style with all the keyboard splits, different parts, etc, and now I just want to have a full range of keyboard to be Grand Piano (for example). Can I, instead of changing all the different parts manually, just press a button and set it to plain keyboard mode? I know I can do it by turning it off and on, but it takes way too long to load...
leland_iko_music

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Select the piano sound you want, and hit the "split" button and this will extend that sound the whole keyboard and remove the split.
(if the LED on the split button is OFF, then the split is removed and the sound is extended to the whole keyboard)
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickly switch from Style to keyboard? Reply with quote

bratan wrote:
Is there a quick way to switch or reset Pa5x from Style to regular keyboard mode? Let's say I'm playing a style with all the keyboard splits, different parts, etc, and now I just want to have a full range of keyboard to be Grand Piano (for example). Can I, instead of changing all the different parts manually, just press a button and set it to plain keyboard mode? I know I can do it by turning it off and on, but it takes way too long to load...

you can set this keyboard set to the my settings button, so you can switch it immediately, or use one of the 11 favorite buttons.

see my tutorial for how to use the favorite buttons
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have almost similar question (not yet Pa5X's owner).

Is it possible to play the full keyboard (split off), two hands at the same time with a sound like a Piano or Guitar and have running only the Drum/Percussion channels,
that means not hearing others accompaniment channels Bass and Acc 1-5 in live performances on stage?

Thanks
Carsten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's possible. No problem at all.

Best wishes
Carsten
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject: No Acc/Bass tracks with inactive chord Scan Reply with quote

[quote="BR"]I have almost similar question (not yet Pa5X's owner).

Is it possible to play the full keyboard (split off), two hands at the same time with a sound like a Piano or Guitar and have running only the Drum/Percussion channels,
that means not hearing others accompaniment channels Bass and Acc 1-5 in live performances on stage?..

/quote]

Hello,
with Pa4x/1000 ... deselect Chord Scan Lower/Upper and you can play Keyboardsounds of upper parts with Style-Drums without split.
Also playing DrumKits of styles with splitting is possible into Lower/Upper parts in case Chord Scan is not active.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickly switch from Style to keyboard? Reply with quote

bratan wrote:
Is there a quick way to switch or reset Pa5x from Style to regular keyboard mode?

You can easily turn your arranger to full workstation mode creating just a KST folder with SETTINGS & STYLES only.
- You can create 11 favorite KDB Sets plus one in my Settings.
- You can create a custom empty style to be loaded in both players , in case of accidental PLAY while performing with a band.
- This Style can also contain other 4 KBD SET summary 16 KBD SET.
Save those SETTINGS & Style to a created WORKSTATION.KST and load it when you want to use Pa5X this way.

- You can also duplicate this empty Style in many clones and use them as a group of 4 instruments , let's say PIANO style or SAXES Style
or Guitars Style , where 4 pianos German / Italian /Austrian / Japanese pianos KBD SET will be available for selection created in full or split mode.
This way you can create hundreds of grouped KBD SET Styles as Sound Library with specific properties like full , split or scaling.
- In this case of Library styles you have to load nothing , you just read STYLES from this WORKSTATION.KST folder from anywhere is saved.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: No Acc/Bass tracks with inactive chord Scan Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Hello,
with Pa4x/1000 ... deselect Chord Scan Lower/Upper and you can play Keyboardsounds of upper parts with Style-Drums without split.
Also playing DrumKits of styles with splitting is possible into Lower/Upper parts in case Chord Scan is not active.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Actually I am aware of your suggestion but what I am looking for is that to Play the full keyboard without any chord scanning.
In other words, is it possible to Disable completely the Chord Scanner temporarily and leave running only the Drum/Percussion and playing full keyboard?
I don't see if it's possible to disable completely the Chord Scanner in Pa4X. You have only two options Lower or Upper (Chord Scanner).
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: No Acc/Bass tracks with inactive chord Scan Reply with quote

BR wrote:
You have only two options Lower or Upper (Chord Scanner).

Nope ... if you turn off both Upper & Lower Scanning switches (by double clicking) then Chord Scanning is disabled.
But bear in mind that this is a KBD SET preference if you want to save this option and will be recalled any time you select this KBD SET.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: No Acc/Bass tracks with inactive chord Scan Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
BR wrote:
You have only two options Lower or Upper (Chord Scanner).

Nope ... if you turn off both Upper & Lower Scanning switches (by double clicking) then Chord Scanning is disabled.
But bear in mind that this is a KBD SET preference if you want to save this option and will be recalled any time you select this KBD SET.

Thanks Antony for this tip.
So if I understand correctly, I need to save this configuration with each KBD set that want to use this way? So this is not Global?

Honestly I didn't know that, I'll try it.
Thanks again.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: No Acc/Bass tracks with inactive chord Scan Reply with quote

BR wrote:

So if I understand correctly, I need to save this configuration with each KBD set that want to use this way?

Nothing new , the same is valid in all older PaSeries.

bratan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickly switch from Style to keyboard? Reply with quote

leland_iko_music wrote:
Select the piano sound you want, and hit the "split" button and this will extend that sound the whole keyboard and remove the split.
(if the LED on the split button is OFF, then the split is removed and the sound is extended to the whole keyboard)

QuiRobinez wrote:

you can set this keyboard set to the my settings button, so you can switch it immediately, or use one of the 11 favorite buttons.

Thank you both! That works great. Favorites method is a little faster, looks like 1st button is already set to German Grand Piano!
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: No Acc/Bass tracks with inactive chord Scan Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
... if you turn off both Upper & Lower Scanning switches (by double clicking) then Chord Scanning is disabled.

I tried and it worked.
Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: