Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi file to style creator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kh_kronos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject: Midi file to style creator Reply with quote

Hi to everyone,

I have korg pa700, and I have read about how to make midi file to a style through the 700.

Therefore, I have downloaded a mp3 file and converted to midi. But, when I’m using the USB to read the midi file in the keyboard, the midi file is not showing.

Please advise about what the reason could be ?

Thanks with best regards,
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi file to style creator Reply with quote

kh_kronos wrote:
.. have downloaded a mp3 file and converted to midi...

How and with what kind of tools/software did you convert mp3 to midi - and what filetype (.kar, .mid) you get after conversion?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
kh_kronos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Midi file to style creator Reply with quote

[quote="siebenhirter"][quote="kh_kronos"] .. have downloaded a mp3 file and converted to midi...[/quote]

How and with what kind of tools/software did you convert mp3 to midi - and what filetype (.kar, .mid) you get after conversion?[/quote]

I have done it online, and I have got it mid file. I’ve renamed it and it shows in USB, and when I tried to convert it to style, the display said this file cannot be done for this conversion ( means can’t proceed style )

Best Regards,
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi file to style creator Reply with quote

kh_kronos wrote:
... have done it online, and I have got it mid file. I’ve renamed it and it shows in USB, and when I tried to convert it to style, the display said this file cannot be done for this conversion ( means can’t proceed style ) ...

For conversion it is recommended to use a Standard MIDI File format 0 (Zero), that is the most common format with all data in one track.

If the conversion program does not find any features in the sequences with references to certain style elements (variations, fill-ins, endings), it is of course not able to arbitrarily set the markers required for a Style in order to produce a Style, as you expect it to proceed a Style.
Alternatively, you can import a standard MIDI file “marker separated” into a style, giving you an SMF with chord variations and style elements separated by that marker.

On Page 304 of Pa1000 manual you will find how to customize a SMF separated by markers and how it can look like. It is created in Cubase, but considering analogies between actual workstations, it will not look much different in other applications (Digital Performer, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Sonar etc)
PS: Converting polyphonic audio to MIDI is very difficult, so there currently is no software to convert MP3 to MIDI. Online programs or Audacity in particular cannot do this at all. Even with advances in AI, there is no dedicated software that can satisfactorily convert polyphonic music to MIDI because it misses or adds notes, detunes pitches, etc.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: