Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Mapping Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mivey41

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject: MIDI Mapping Question Reply with quote

Hi,

First time user in this forum.

I've been importing some MIDI files into the OASYS to build a collection of drum rhythms for quickly creating sequences. The import goes well but some of the sounds being triggered are not correct. E.g. a crash cymbals sounds instead of a hi hat just for an example.

The MIDI file was created using GM mapping but the OASYS seems to have some other mapping or a slight variation of the GM standard. So I was wondering if there is some way within the available parameters to re-assign triggered sounds or determine which MIDI notes are mapped to specific sounds within OASYS?

I've tried searching all over including searches for KRONOS since many of the features and locations of parameters are practically identical, but no luck.

Would appreciate any tips
mivey41

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: MIDI Mapping Question Reply with quote

mivey41 wrote:

I've tried searching all over including searches for KRONOS since many of the features and locations of parameters are practically identical, but no luck.

Would appreciate any tips

Come on guys, really??? I can't believe this forum has so many users and absolutely no one has never ever had need for an OASYS Midi map. Surely someone can answer this.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to create your own drum kit(s), where each percussive sound sample can be mapped to whatever key you desire. Alternatively, edit an existing drum kit.

Drum kit creation and editing is all done in Global mode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: