Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos playing drum sounds on power up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xorms

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 3:06 am    Post subject: Kronos playing drum sounds on power up Reply with quote

I turned on my Kronos (X73) today and went to warmup on the default piano sound.

But there's drum samples playing out of every key I press!

I discovered going into PROG --> Common --> Drum Track has "Play" (instead of "Mute") enabled under Drum Track Parameters.

**This has been turned on by default on all PROG globally**

Any assistance on how this can be disabled (globally, by default)?
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load the Factory Global settings. Go to Disk, Factory, Open Preload PCG, Select Global Settings and Load.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
xorms

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi narf,

I actually did find this solution a short time ago but the video I watched didn't say whether or not my own presets would not be modified.

Do you know ?
xorms

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

narf wrote:
Load the Factory Global settings. Go to Disk, Factory, Open Preload PCG, Select Global Settings and Load.

Hi narf,

I actually did find this solution a short time ago but the video I watched didn't say whether or not my own presets would not be modified.

Do you know ?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all your combis and programs will be lost, so always save your current stuff before loading any PCG file.
xorms

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But saving all my programs will save them with the drum kit timbre turned on. So it sounds like in reality I need to manually turn that timbre off and save each program?

Is there not a global setting I can disable instead given the timbre has been globally turned on?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, loading the factory PCG file is a rather last resort thing to do. It is difficult to find out what happened to your programs without more info. Did you recently changed something in Global mode, installed some new sound library, etc. ?
xorms

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Of course, loading the factory PCG file is a rather last resort thing to do. It is difficult to find out what happened to your programs without more info. Did you recently changed something in Global mode, installed some new sound library, etc. ?

The only thing I did out of the ordinary was load a sample from a USB to the Kronos + convert it to a program.

But how could this (or anything) result in _every_ program having a value flipped from 0 to 1?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you found a bug. Which begs the question, is it repeatable?

SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did find a similar bug a while ago that manifested like this - it had something to do with the bank type (HD-1/EXi) not being set correctly when loading a PCG where the bank type is different. It was definitely a bug that required resetting the bank.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: