Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS-20 and FLstudio ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petter B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: MS-20 and FLstudio ?? Reply with quote

I have a question regarding using the MS-20 in FLstudio. Is there any way to get all the knobs on the controller linked to the VST without having to link everyone yourself? Like when you use the standalone version of MS-20 all the knobs are already asigned..

FLstudio claims it supports the MS-20 controller and I can choose it in the MIDIsettings, but it seems as if I have to assign all the knobs myself when using the MS-20 VST wich is kind of a drag. Iwould like it to work the same way as with the standalone version. Is this possible or is there any trix to this??

Any one who can help me?
Petter B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone must have encountered this problem before or know the solution to it !??!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so many Fruity Loops users here maybe ? I am using a Mac ... so I can't really help you there.

Daz.
Rami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly the only way I see for you to get FL Studio to link to your controller is to first take the time and to manualy link them and then save the layout as a template in FL Studio. This way you only have to do it once. Just load up your template when you need to use the Contoller. A pain in the backside it may be at first to spend the time to do this but rewarding in the long run.

Other option is to see if anyone has created a FL Studio dashboard for the MS20 Controller.

I do not own a MS20 Controller personaly myself so I sadly do not know of any tricks.

Have you tired asking in the FL Studio forums?

Best of luck

<~Rami
Petter B

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot for the replies.

Rami - How exactly do i create a template? I myself had that thought but did not find any alternative in the menus to "save template" or anything simular. I agree that it could be a suitable solution even if you are a bit restricted always starting out with the same setup.

Great thanks for the time taken Smile
Rami

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petter B wrote:

Rami - How exactly do i create a template? I myself had that thought but did not find any alternative in the menus to "save template" or anything simular. I agree that it could be a suitable solution even if you are a bit restricted always starting out with the same setup.

Ahh this is easy to do. In FL Studio there is no special file extension to denote a template layout. All that is required is that you save the layout just like you would save any other project using the .flp extension. The main diffrence is where you save the project.

Go ahead and build the layout spending the time to link the controllers needed to sync up with your MS-20 controller. When you are finished go to file and do 'Save As'. In the window that shows up you will see a list of folders. Select the 'Templates' folder. Now you should see another list of folders named after diffrent templates. Crerate a new folder called 'MS 20' or what ever tickles your fancy. Once created navigate to the newly created folder and save your project to that sub directory. Something like 'MS 20 Template.flp'.

Now whenever you launch FL Studio go to 'File' > 'Templates' > 'MS 20'. Bingo, now your setup will be loaded and you are ready to go. Just be sure that after you have created / added more plugins that you do not overwrite the template. The method I use is once I loaded up the template I immedietly save the project under a diffrent name to ensure I do not infect the orginal template file.

Enjoy and best of luck.

<~Rami
Petter B

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch Rami ! This trick could really make life a lot simpler. Even when not working with the MS-20 it's very handy to have a good setup to start with Smile
Bito

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: no need for tricks Reply with quote

THe MS-20 is fully supported by FLStudio.
I use 7.0 works just fine..every kno..every cable
spa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that you can get the knobs and cables to change in the FL 7 GUI as you turn the knobs or move the cables on the MS-20 controller? I have never been able to do this with FL Studio. As a matter of fact, I believe I read in the old forum that Fruity wouldn't do this. It get great response in Project 5. If I move the cables on the controller, the cables on P5s GUI move along with it. It's been one of the few disappointments that I have had with FL Studio. If you can do this, please let me know how. Smile
Etaoin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get it to work either in FL 7.4 beta. Keyboard yes, but knobs only after manually assigning them. Works fine in Renoise 1.9 though, so it seems FL-specific. Then again, FL hadn't even implemented sustain until recently, so it doesn't really surprise me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: